Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmute relics

(XBOX)KiryuStark

I have like a billion lith relics and it seems to me a transmute system like the mods would be a nice addition IF they guarantee trading 4 would get you something slightly better. 

I imagine deep in the bowels of my orbiter is a storage room filled with rusty cabbages and ordis just happily rambles on while pretending that room doesn't exist. 

• Like 1

To elaborate on the "something slightly better" option, if you were to trade 4 lith relics with the same number code they would turn into a flawless and then 4 flawless becomes a radiant, but the system would only allow you to transmute 4 of the same type so that way you're not mixing rewards. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

You are giving up 3 relics to achieve what 100 Void Traces does.  This isn't at all a "better option."

Except I'm not trying to unlock the hundreds of relics I have. Never will I ever run that many void fissure missions. I'm trying to get rid of them in a way that benefits me. 

I cant refine them if I dont run tons of void fissure missions, then if I do I get more relics from those missions. What am I going to do with all these cabbages??? I am saying I would rather use the tons of duplicates to refine relics than my void traces which I would rather use to make vault keys. 

Let that simmer for a minute. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xaelroa said:

So... the refinement system. You just described the refinement system with needless clicking and loss of relics.

And to take you guys further down the rabbit hole-

Right now I have 650 void trace capacity which means I can only refine 6 radiants, or I could make 65 vault keys. That's only after I've ran enough void fissures to fill my capacity, I actually only have 192 right now. 

On the other hand I currently have 39 lith k2 relics which at 4 per transmutation up through 3 levels would give me 2 radiants. That's 4 intact for 1 exceptional, 4 exceptionals for 1 flawless and 4 flawless for 1 radiant.

But ...that's just the lith k2. I have 30 or more of almost every lith relic, close to 20 of every meso and the numbers get smaller in neo and axi so I doubt I would do much transmuting there. 

32 минуты назад, (XB1)KiryuStark сказал:

Except I'm not trying to unlock the hundreds of relics I have.

Unlocking those can benefit you actually. It depends on if you can stomach running through capture fissure gazzilion times while it is up. Can't say for consoles, on pc it takes me about 2-3 mins tops with some drop rng involved. That's a veeeeeeeeeeery boring process though, but helped me to get rid of a big pile of those lith relics in some reasonable amount of time + get some rare prime parts in the process. But that ate my soul.

If not your thing, then can't help much apart from moral support.

12 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Unlocking those can benefit you actually. It depends on if you can stomach running through capture fissure gazzilion times while it is up. Can't say for consoles, on pc it takes me about 2-3 mins tops with some drop rng involved. That's a veeeeeeeeeeery boring process though, but helped me to get rid of a big pile of those lith relics in some reasonable amount of time + get some rare prime parts in the process. But that ate my soul.

If not your thing, then can't help much apart from moral support.

That's the issue. It's so boring running low rank fissure missions and they still give me more rusty cabbages. I'm just looking for an easy fix to clean my relic stash. I'm trying to offer a solution that would benefit everyone. Instead of using a resource I dont have much of (void traces) I can use something I have way too many of (rusty cabbages). I want to save my void traces for vault keys so I almost never refine relics. So many catch 22's in this game...

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, (XB1)KiryuStark a dit :

But ...that's just the lith k2

And why running a k2 radiant is more interesting than a normal k2? If you don't like to run lith missions, they will still be lith missions but you will have wasted 16 relics to get 10% chance of a drop that you probably don't need anyway. 

I agree, a system to transmute relics could be useful but not the one you propose. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

A simpler method than transmutation could be for 'dissolving' relics into traces, much like we have the ability to do for mods into endo or prime parts into ducats.

In essence this would let players use relics to gain traces equivalent to having run a fissure mission (the 6-30, maybe more as an incentive to dissolve relics).  However unlike the fissure missions, players would not get the prime part/forma blueprint as they would for doing the missions itself.  Traces are that bonus to the mission of seeking the prime parts, as opposed to dissolving the relics being the point of getting traces.

As it stands this would offer use for relics you never would get around to using in a mission.  I'm sure many others like myself still have large piles of relics from when the void keys were converted (and even those gained since), this would give them some additional use.

Edited by Loswaith

il y a 57 minutes, Loswaith a dit :

Traces are that bonus to the mission of seeking the prime parts, as opposed to dissolving the relics being the point of getting traces

Does it means that traces have a bigger value for you than a potentially chance to get a uncommon or a rare prime part from an intact relic? How many relics would you convert to have enough traces to convert a relic to a radiant one. 10% chance on one relic to get 100 ducats is hard to justify. Prime parts and ducats can be converted into plats, traces do not guarantees any major gain after the conversion. And it is not the same if you use those you get from missions as they cost you nothing. 

Did I made myself clear enough? 

Edited by HexOmega111x

1 hour ago, HexOmega111x said:

Does it means that traces have a bigger value for you than a potentially chance to get a uncommon or a rare prime part from an intact relic

Yes. Traces mean vault keys to me, keys I use to get rare mods that are way more valuable and fun to attain than the weak prizes you "might" get from a rusty relic. 

2 hours ago, Loswaith said:

A simpler method than transmutation could be for 'dissolving' relics into traces, much like we have the ability to do for mods into endo or prime parts into ducats

Now this I like, pretty much what I was looking to do but way simpler. So the request to DE would be-

"let us convert unwanted relics into void traces" 

So how do we get them on the phone? 

Edited by (XB1)KiryuStark
Error
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-15 at 8:21 PM, HexOmega111x said:

Does it means that traces have a bigger value for you than a potentially chance to get a uncommon or a rare prime part from an intact relic?

Not really, but I have more relics than I can ever possibly run missions for and that number is only growing.  I cant say the same for traces.
In general playing and syndicate packs I tend to get about 4-5 relics for every one I use to get prime parts or use as junk for trace/part runs, mostly because the vast majority of relics gained are ones I'd simply never use as I am usually only a set or two behind on the prime releases (while there is only so much platinum I need, trading isn't of value), thus only after very specific relics.
I'd expect many others are also in this same boat.

Edited by Loswaith
  • Like 1