Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please delay end of Nightwave Season 1 until Season 2 starts

(PSN)Knightfyre

Per the announcement by [DE]Bear, Nightwave Series 1 will be ending on Sunday, May 19th at 20:00 ET (8pm).  I ask you, DE, to please consider delaying the end of Series 1 rather than leaving a week or more's gap in time before Series 2 begins.

In light of the fact that Series 2 will feature a "catch up" mechanic where players will still be able to complete acts/challenges that were missed in previous weeks--a feature that is currently not available in Series 1--it seems that a better option would be to delay the end date of Series 1 until Season 2 is ready to begin.  This will enable players that still haven't reached Nightwave Rank 30 (yes, I know a few, they do exist!) to be able to continue to make progress between now and the start of Series 2, rather than just cutting them off outright at the end of this week, as well as allowing others to earn more Wolf Creds for other reward items.

Thank you for considering this alternative option, DE.

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre
clarification in title

They've had 10-ish weeks and the 15th as a projected ending date has been floating out there for long enough. It's not DE's fault they weren't here for the whole event nor is it DE's problem if they were and couldn't complete every challenge.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm more concerned with the removal of the items in the credit shop.  How are players supposed to obtain Auras, weapons, cosmetics, etc. while they wait for Series 2 to start?  

I'm unconcerned with the cosmetics and weapon skins, since those don't affect gameplay.

as for Auras, buy em off trade chat; I know I'll be stocking up on duplicates to sell for quick Plat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I'm unconcerned with the cosmetics and weapon skins, since those don't affect gameplay.

as for Auras, buy em off trade chat; I know I'll be stocking up on duplicates to sell for quick Plat.

I am so glad you have no say in any of the games development.  Truly, that is a gift to the rest of the community.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I am so glad you have no say in any of the games development.  Truly, that is a gift to the rest of the community.

Never said I wanted to make the decisions

I'm just reacting to them in the way they naturally incentivize.

The game's all about Plat and trading, Nightwave is about to create a scarcity of Auras. I'd advise everyone to get ready for it. Stock up now.

same as with prime vaultings or rivens on new weapon variant releases.

If DE doesn't like entrepreneurial market behaviour, they sure have a funny way of doing things that encourage it...

18 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm more concerned with the removal of the items in the credit shop.  How are players supposed to obtain Auras, weapons, cosmetics, etc. while they wait for Series 2 to start?  

Personally I'm hoping for a temporary return of the regular alert system.
10 weeks of Nightwave followed by a week or two of regular old alerts.

Just now, Chipputer said:

Personally I'm hoping for a temporary return of the regular alert system.
10 weeks of Nightwave followed by a week or two of regular old alerts.

I'm on the fence about that.  They should pick a system and stick with it.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I'm on the fence about that.  They should pick a system and stick with it.

If they're taking time off then they have to replace it with something. This isn't flip flopping between the two systems due to them not wanting to make a decision. It's making the content available in the mean time.

If they're taking time off then they have to replace it with something. This isn't flip flopping between the two systems due to them not wanting to make a decision. It's making the content available in the mean time.

They could simply continue running Series 1 if it was about making the content available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

They could simply continue running Series 1 if it was about making the content available.

They could but the post about it ending has made it very clear they want to give us some down time. Judging by the constant topics on the forums I have to say it's probably for the best.

They could but the post about it ending has made it very clear they want to give us some down time. Judging by the constant topics on the forums I have to say it's probably for the best.

Assuming they bring back OG alerts in the mean time.  It's DE, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the reward pool into Invasions for a bit.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Assuming they bring back OG alerts in the mean time.  It's DE, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the reward pool into Invasions for a bit.

I mean that would also be acceptable but would definitely be annoying. They just need to have it available so terrible ideas like, "just buy it with plat," aren't legitimized.

I mean that would also be acceptable but would definitely be annoying. They just need to have it available so terrible ideas like, "just buy it with plat," aren't legitimized.

Oh, I support that something needs to be done.  Just buy it is a short sighted response that's entirely self serving.  Since they haven't said what they'll be doing in the meantime, I wonder if they're planning less than a week for downtime and therefore see no need to do anything or, are indeed bringing back the alerts for a short time. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I wonder if they're planning less than a week for downtime and therefore see no need to do anything or, are indeed bringing back the alerts for a short time. 

I would imagine it's a week or two. I would also imagine they're strategically using this down time to give everyone a chance to experience The Jovian Concord for a bit without feeling like they have to do menial tasks that take them away from the new content.

I would imagine it's a week or two. I would also imagine they're strategically using this down time to give everyone a chance to experience The Jovian Concord for a bit without feeling like they have to do menial tasks that take them away from the new content.

DE hasn't shown that level of forethought in awhile.  I like your optimism. 

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

We already have Prime Vaultings

where items become time-locked so you just buy it with plat from someone else during the downtime

and this is considered legitimate.

Can I assume then, that if you're against Nightwave items taking the same path; that you haven't been happy with things as they are with Vaultings?

For the OP's point on extending it merely because some people missed out... no. That is a terrible reason to extend something as there will always be people who miss out.

Now as for there being a gaping hole in terms of accessibility especially to newer players... now that's where things become tricky.

Removing the obtainability of numerous items from weapons, to auras, and especially nitain is a terrible move and only exemplifies the problems with Nightwave.

Nightwave should have never had ranks, never had "wolf credits", and instead just went on a simple system of "earn points for doing challenges, spend points on items". Have a base store of items that never changes, so auras, nitain, weapons, batches of resources, and keep rotating the challenges each week. "Specialty Items", such as cosmetics and ship decorations, could rotate within the shop on a weekly basis, but it all ends up being that the challenges and the "store" being there endlessly.

This entire system has run counter to new players (think of being a player just starting fresh), and this move only cements it.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

We already have Prime Vaultings

where items become time-locked so you just buy it with plat from someone else during the downtime

and this is considered legitimate.

Can I assume then, that if you're against Nightwave items taking the same path; that you haven't been happy with things as they are with Vaultings?

Vaulting creates artificial scarcity and I've never liked it. They aren't the same as a basic aura mod that's integral to a player's progression through the game, though, so I'm not sure why you're comparing the two. Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon are going to have a much greater impact on a player's entire arsenal than getting a Soma Prime for inflated prices because DE wants to make money off of unvaultings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Vaulting creates artificial scarcity and I've never liked it. They aren't the same as a basic aura mod that's integral to a player's progression through the game, though, so I'm not sure why you're comparing the two. Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon are going to have a much greater impact on a player's entire arsenal than getting a Soma Prime for inflated prices because DE wants to make money off of unvaultings.

I just don't view having an Aura Mod as any more or less integral than having a Primed Warframe. The game is playable without either, but people want them anyway because of whatever the Meta Strategy currently is. They can make things much easier, but aren't required to play.

So from my perspective, there's precedent for nightwave items to follow the same time-locked scarcity model. Hence the comparison.

But fair enough, if you're against Vaulting in general, then it follows to also be against nightwave items being closed off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

If prime items were never rotated out, you'd have a hell of a time getting any prime stuff and it would get worse as more stuff came out. You'd have all these relics full of parts you have 20 of and wondering why you can just get that one with the last blasted neuroptics to make frame X. Then you finally get one, spend longer trying to put together a rad group with others having trouble getting the relic, then RNG screws you all and you get bronze parts and forma BPs.