Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Slot For Only Augments?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Basically as the title suggests, is there any chance that we could have an additional mod slot on warframes that only an augment can go into? At the very least for Prime Warframes? 

Cause there are some cool augments(most tend to be useless) that make the warframe different. That give you another way or method of using the warframe. Such as Equinox’s Duality augment. 

But I hate how in order to equip an augment means weakening your builds. Some augments helps make the builds better like the Peaceful Provocation that actually adds more power strength instead of just taking it away completely. 

So it would be nice if a new mod slot next to the Exilus mod slot could be added that is only for augments. So the only thing that changes is the how the warframe is used rather than the entire build. 

I know many probably already asked or discussed this. Many will agree and many will disagree. The only thing that comes with this suggestion is simply a better warframe(not entirely a stronger warframe). It is not a huge buff and it is not like any other mod can be placed in the slot. It would allow for multiple augments at the cost of lowering a specific stat but at least one being able to be added without changing our builds would make the experience or gameplay more interesting, at least to me. 

That’s just my opinion anyways. 

• Like 1

I cannot think of a single build that uses an augment that requires an extra slot. Adding power for the sake of adding power is the exact problem this game has had for years and this suggestion would only make that worse.

Well if about 50% of Warframe augments weren't band-aids for QoL problems or other things that should be covered in a rework then I'd say there's no reason to have a dedicated slot for Augments. They should in theory be interesting and effective enough to warrant one of your 8 slots. Sadly that's not always the case though.

Just look and Nova, Nekros and Rhino as examples. Basic functions taking up slots.

• Like 3

Il y a 17 heures, Chipputer a dit :

I cannot think of a single build that uses an augment that requires an extra slot. Adding power for the sake of adding power is the exact problem this game has had for years and this suggestion would only make that worse.

90% of augment mods are, at best, mediocre, poorly designed or simply provide so little utility / power, that it is not worth using 1 Warframe slot for them. Do not worry, having 1 additional slot for an augment is not significant.

Edition: there are 2 possible solutions:

1. DE rework in depth all augment mods, with the aim of being competitive in utility / power with other "META" mods. In this case it is not necessary to add another mod slot for them. However, this is difficult to happen, because we all know how DE works: launch new content -> abandon it for years.

2. Easier and in line with the lazy attitude of DE: add a new slot for augments. In this way, DE does not need to retouch the mods (they will continue to be garbage), and at the same time, we can use any of them without affecting our current compilations.

Edited by Awazx
  • Like 2

I'm for a slot just for augments- Effectiveness of mods aside.

Also DE is cranking out work constantly. Calling them lazy isn't very fair. Just because they haven't touched on what you want done, doesn't mean they're sitting around on their asses.

• Like 1

I would not mind this. 

But most of the augments are rather lame, it would be a wasted slot for most. 

I would rather have exilus slots able to use augments as the exilus mods are usually the "whatever is leftover but still improves build" choice, 

All Augments being able to be placed there would be nice. 

A separate mod slot would not really help as we are still limited by mod capacity and I barely have any spare... Maybe if I drop the umbra mods which would then get the the frame to a lower level.... Hmm now that I think of it another mod for augments won't really be a bad idea it will increase variety while maintaining power levels (exceptions will always exist) 

This is the only way the vast majority of augments will ever see play. Thumbs up.

On 2019-05-15 at 4:24 AM, Chipputer said:

I cannot think of a single build that uses an augment that requires an extra slot.

It's not that there are builds that require augments, it's that builds require others mods, which precludes augments from being used.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-15 at 5:59 AM, Xzorn said:

Well if about 50% of Warframe augments weren't band-aids for QoL problems or other things that should be covered in a rework then I'd say there's no reason to have a dedicated slot for Augments. They should in theory be interesting and effective enough to warrant one of your 8 slots. Sadly that's not always the case though.

Just look and Nova, Nekros and Rhino as examples. Basic functions taking up slots.

That right there is the problem. A lot of Augment mods feel like "We wanted to tune up this ability, but we made a mod instead." Rhino's Ironclad Charge and Inaros' Negation Swarm feel like they ought to be inherent in the actual ability, rather than taking up a mod slot but I guess improving of those would be "overpowered." At the same time, you have Augments like Piercing Roar and Reinforcing Stomp which are... Let's go with "neat." As nice to have as your Aviator or Rush mods, which are definitely nice to have in their own separate slot which can't really hold anything too useful, but not really good enough to take up an actual slot.

I'm of the opinion that all Warframe abilities should be viable and powerful on their own, and that Augments should be there to alter their behaviour to suit a player's needs. As such, I believe that "mandatory" augments ought to be integrated into their core abilities and the category restricted to "neat" mods alone. At that point, I could see an Exilus-style mod slot just for them.

Also, can we talk about Weapon Augments?

• Like 2