Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Cautious Shot Buff Is A Lie

Buzlok

Recently the explosive weapons mod "Cautious Shot" got buffed from -90% self damage to -99% self damage, but it didn't. I have experience using the mod and have tested the new damage and it is still a -90% reduction. This was tested with the same build I used before it was "buffed".

My Ogris build hits for about 15,000 damage before status and critical hits, but self damage weapon shots don't apply status effects and the Ogris has a 5% critical chance making it so that it didn't interfere with testing much.

With the unbuffed cautious shot the 15,000 actually hit myself for 1,500 which resulted in my Gara, the frame i was using with the build, to still die to self damage. One thing to take in mind though is that with Gara i could ALSO get another -90% damage multiplier using the Splinter Storm ability. This would result in a COMBINED reduction total of -99% reduction which brought the damage down to only 150 and so i wouldn't die with this build if i hit myself. So with Cautious Shot getting BUFFED i should no longer require Splinter Storm to stay alive right? Nope. I still take 1,500 damage from hitting myself without Splinter Storm active. This means the actual effect of the mod is still -90% in reality despite it getting "buffed".

I can think of two reasons off the bat for why the mod is still only reducing damage by only -90%.

The first reason is that DE downright forgot to change the actually multiplier and only changed what the mod card showed, but hopefully this isn't actually the reason.

The second reason could be involving damage reduction multipliers in general. Basically every warframe ability that reduces damage taken has a hard cap of 90% and can't reduce damage any further than 90% from a single source. This could be a general coding thing that applies to all damage reduction multipliers in the game which could be affecting the mod and preventing it from actually reaching -99% reduction. This is just a theory though as i don't know how it is actually coded.

Please look into and fix this DE so that THE MOD ACTUALLY WORKS and people can actually use explosive weapons.

Thank you for reading.