Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about Copyright

(PSN)Ka1nih

So long story short i got REMOVED from YT and Twitch because other players are putting heavily copyrighted songs on there Octavia. I learned like 5 mins ago after I got deleted you could mute players Octavias why isnt this a default setting for when it knows you're streaming. I understand players want to have decent music but ive probably lost $2,200 in revenue from a sortie. 

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You are the streamer. You have to make sure you don't violate copyright. You are at fault here. You did wrong.

And how is this feedback? Feedback is for feedback to the game. Streaming and Youtube aren't part of the game...

My feedback is about players using octavia for copyrighted music. Thats feedback about sounds. And how can i be conscious of random players joined. I mean now its fixed but no where does it explain you can mute Octavia with out explicitly looking. 

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

DE have no jurisdiction over Youtube or Twitch. If your videos were claimed or removed from that platforms, you should appeal there.

But im getting Sony music group striking me for Other players. And it's my fault?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ka1nih said:

My feedback is about players using octavia for copyrighted music. Thats feedback about sounds.

But there is no problem when people use Octavia for that.
The problem occures when you stream. But streaming isn't part of the game.
The problem you described isn't a problem of the game. So giving feedback on that isn't quite right...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ka1nih said:

And how can i be conscious of random players joined. I mean now its fixed but no where does it explain you can mute Octavia with out explicitly looking. 

You are streaming the game. You know that Octavia makes music. You can assume that people have copyrighted music on their Octavias.
Now it's on you, as the Streamer, to find a solution.
You should have come to the forum asking if you can mute other Octavias. Or if there is another solution to the problem. We would have helped you.
Again: not the game is at fault here.

Imagine you are using a chat overlay. And said overlay doesn't work with Warframe. In this case not DE has to change their game. You have then to check the options of the overlay, or maybe switch to another chat overlay.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Ka1nih said:

But im getting Sony music group striking me for Other players. And it's my fault?

If you make a selfie, and behind you there is a group of 5 people making the Nazi Salute then the selfie would get flagged. Why is that? Because you didn't check before. You didn't make sure that everything is alright.
Same here: You didn't make sure that there is no copyrighted music. It's not important if it is from a random player. You streamed the game to the internet, not that random person.

• Like 1

I am calling bs, you do not get "removed from youtube" for using copyrighted music. 99.99% cases you just cant monetize your video and/or it is monetized by copyright holder and this is only done to video with copyrighted music. Also such video might get geo-blocked.

If you lost "$2,200 in revenue" you must be one of the biggest warframe youtubers so I cant grasp how you do not know how youtube copyrights work or how you do not go through your content to prevent things like this from happening. 

Edited by peikotus

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ka1nih said:

As a content creator it is your responsibility to make sure you don't infringe on copyright, no matter if it is other people who play music or if the rues are ridiculous.

Try disputing a claim. Tell them that it is a cover of a song and it falls under fair use, and they might do something about it.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Ka1nih:

Well, yes...

You might want to read Youtube, Twitchs or any other videoplatforms terms of service...

DE has already implemented the option to mute Octavia, you didn't make use of the option.

It's you fault, no matter how you look at it.

Edited by Walkampf

On 2019-05-15 at 8:09 AM, peikotus said:

I am calling bs, you do not get "removed from youtube" for using copyrighted music. 99.99% cases you just cant monetize your video and/or it is monetized by copyright holder and this is only done to video with copyrighted music. Also such video might get geo-blocked.

If you lost "$2,200 in revenue" you must be one of the biggest warframe youtubers so I cant grasp how you do not know how youtube copyrights work or how you do not go through your content to prevent things like this from happening. 

. https://imgur.com/a/PGLDg1p and I had to return my SuperChat earnings $2,200 following a deletion.