Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

endless mission credits should reflect endurance

supernils

Right now if I do let's say Gabi I get 25k for staying 5 minutes. Every further 5 minutes just adds 5k I think, making it redundant to stay. You get rewarded to do the easiest tier in a loop.

I know there are separate item rewards for each tier, but first they are 95% trash (1000 credits cash etc) and second the rotation cycle is another issue which has been mentioned before (make it AABBCCCCC instead of AABCAABCAABC).

Considering the increasing enemy level the credits should be constant (like 10k each tier) if the rotation is fixed as mentioned above, or increasing if not (5k, 10k, 15k, 20k etc).

This is just basic game mechanic tweaking or should I rather say fixing and it should be top priority imo. I'd really like to see it in the next patch rather than some model clipping in a cut scene being fixed.

Dark sector reward is separate bonus for doing the mission. It doesn't scale with AABC rotation etc.

And it better stay as it is, because credit rewards are viable only when a player can't access Index and at this level people mostly have problems staying more then 1-2 rotations.

So anything that isn't viable or high end content is ok to be broken in your opinion?

Maybe there's a correlation between things being broken and not being viable...

Wouldn't it be nice to have more than one viable options to choose from ?

Edited by supernils

44 minutes ago, supernils said:

So anything that isn't viable or high end content is ok to be broken in your opinion?

Maybe there's a correlation between things being broken and not being viable...

Wouldn't it be nice to have more than one viable options to choose from ?

Index will always have better rewards than dark sectors just because it has higher difficulty.

And dark sectors are pretty viable pre-Index source of credits. Why do you think it's broken?

7 minutes ago, Syasob said:

. Why do you think it's broken? 

I don't necessarily think that it should be fixed in terms of viability. Although it certainly would be nice to have options closer to each other in terms of viability to choose from. That's rather how you understood it.

My point however is that the player should be rewarded accordingly for handling content of increasing difficulty - staying in the mission rather than abort and repeat on easiest tier.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

but they should certainly increase per rotation

and rotation cycles need to be changed

1 minute ago, supernils said:

I'm still unsure about the rotation cycles. What I do think, and have been pushing for a while, is that rotation rewards should upgrade like refinement for relics. Every rotation the rare items should have increased chance to be rewarded while common items should have their chance to be rewarded decreased. And as mentioned the quantity of all resource rewards should increase every rotation so that when they are given they are worth the added effort.

23 minutes ago, supernils said:

the player should be rewarded accordingly for handling content of increasing difficulty - staying in the mission rather than abort and repeat on easiest tier.

DE already stated few times that they won't reward those who can stay longer in a single mission. For example that's why we have AABC rotations and kuva survival rewards don't increase with time.

26 minutes ago, supernils said:

What do you suggest? Replace AABCAABC... with ABCCCC.. ? Make single list with increasing chance to get rare items with each wave?

4 hours ago, Syasob said:

DE already stated few times that they won't reward those who can stay longer in a single mission.

Which seems pretty stupid in face of

• how long they made Arbitration cycles.
  • NW 40 wave challenges
  • NW 1 hour challenges

Oh they reward those who stay longer in a single mission - so long as it force feeds certain game mechanics.

• Like 1

They don't want to change the rewards to reflect the current version of survival missions because it's not current focus in development right now.Think about it, the developers are not sure what the future state of the game will be, therefore they will most likely not make a change to the game if they know that they will have to change it later. That is counter productive and not a practical use of company resources, especially since the game is not finished and still in beta.

DE is trying to progress the game as a whole by adding more content. In doing so from what I see, they are progressing the game's plot, and laying down the foundation for future stuff. But who knows, DE may change the rewards in the future to spice it up. 

10 hours ago, Syasob said:

What do you suggest? Replace AABCAABC... with ABCCCC

well as it is right now it makes no sense to stay after wave 20 instead of resetting. Same issue as I stated originally

10 hours ago, Syasob said:

DE already stated few times that they won't reward those who can stay longer in a single mission

Well that explains some things. I don't understand though why they purposefully break aspects of their game. I mean endless missions could be challenging and rewarding content that scales indefinitely.. but no?

Edited by supernils

3 minutes ago, supernils said:

Well that explains some things. I don't understand though why they purposefully break aspects of their game. I mean endless missions could be challenging and rewarding content that scales indefinitely.. but no?

They're not breaking anything, the game has been like that for years now, they just don't want to make any changes to something that isn't finished yet. 

12 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Which seems pretty stupid in face of

• how long they made Arbitration cycles.
  • NW 40 wave challenges
  • NW 1 hour challenges

Arbitrations is designed to have better rewards if you stay in mission. It's not perfect and cycle length is IMO the worst part of it but it definitely can't be compared with other mission types. At least because it can't be restarted till new mission pops up next hour.

NW long run challenges hopefully are going to become shorter. And they already aknowledged their mistake in last DevWorkshop.

6 hours ago, supernils said:

I don't understand though why they purposefully break aspects of their game. I mean endless missions could be challenging and rewarding content that scales indefinitely.. but no?

DE don't want players who can't sit for hours in a single mission feel bad. And that's pretty reasonable, even 1-hour NW challenges are too long for many of us.

There is already a scaling for the endless mission in form of 25% incremental booster.  I would agree that they feel a bit lackluster but i still use endless for relics and some other stuff, yesterday i made 400 oxium on the side by just cracking some relics open.

Arbitrations is designed to have better rewards if you stay in mission. It's not perfect and cycle length is IMO the worst part of it but it definitely can't be compared with other mission types. At least because it can't be restarted till new mission pops up next hour.

I know that. My response was to 

21 hours ago, Syasob said:

DE already stated few times that they won't reward those who can stay longer in a single mission.

So DE DOES reward people who stay longer in a single mission - be it Arbitrations, Nightwave challenges, endless fissures with 25% boosters and increasingly refined relics (to a point), and in fact even the whole AABC.

They just choose to reward people who stay longer on DE's terms, rather than on the players terms.

DE don't want players who can't sit for hours in a single mission feel bad. And that's pretty reasonable, even 1-hour NW challenges are too long for many of us.

I assume by this you meant "doesn't want player who can't sit for hours .. TO feel bad". Well  what about the players who can't even make rotation 1 in ESO? or rotation 1 in Arbitrations? Who can't do the sortie?  There will always be players who can't do this or that - that's not an excuse and nobody (or at least very few because I'm sure there's at least one) is asking for EXCLUSIVE rewards tied to endless missions.  People are simply asking for a very slight increase in rewards for example

• Change all endless to AABCCCCC, OR AABCBCBC, or hell even AABCABCABC
  • increase credits - doesn't need to be much, even 1% bump per rotational reward - not game breaking but its something - although TBH this would bum me out since I already have 420 million credits and really don't need any more. Nor any more endo or statues.
  • increase rare drop chance - tilt the reward table by some tiny bit - so very slowly it starts to move rare stuff to slightly more common.

Anything really, and none of the above is game or economy breaking.  People enjoy endless missions - but some endless missions - certainly Defense, and arguably even interception and excavation, can take longer and longer per wave depending on how long you stay.  So the current reward cycle actually encourages players to leave and restart for efficiency - which then leads to complaints about meta players nuking low level maps.  Marginally increasing rewards would give advanced players a reason to stay should they choose and at least make endless missions as rewarding as restarting (and it should be slightly more rewarding IMO)

There is nothing exclusive about it, and nothing for novice players to feel bad about.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg