Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decrease ESO leeching by preventing joining with weapons under Rank 30.

Jarriaga

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Good thing that you know it now, I suppose, but it suggests that you are singularly unobservant when it comes to this game, and possibly other things as well. Which leads us to:

Which leads us to your startling lack of ability to detect the most easily discerned sarcasm. Stopped reading there.

17 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

The "higher level tiles" in Warframe are Dark Sector nodes of planets, which is used for gaining Affinity bonuses per kills.

No, the Dark Sector standard starchart tiles are NOT what is being discussed here.

"Affinity leeching has gotten out of hand in ESO, top level bounties, arbitrations, sorties, boss fights, highest level void fissures. Those modes should require all max gear and/or have affinity gain removed to deter leeching."

"But but DARK SECTOR, DARK SECTOR!"

Wut?

2 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Which leads us to your startling lack of ability to detect the most easily discerned sarcasm. Stopped reading there.

Oh I recognised what you were trying to do, you're just so bad at it that I decided to do what others did and respond to you as though you were serious, since you conveniently forgot to put a /s. 

Of course the fact that you didn't figure it out and skipped the rest of the post does suggest "that you are singularly unobservant when it comes to this game, and possibly other things as well. " 

Carry on with your ridiculous rant. It seems that most people who respond are letting you know that your position is nonsensical. I suppose that either you will see the light or continue to rave ineffectually until you tire of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buttaface said:

"Affinity leeching has gotten out of hand in ESO, top level bounties, arbitrations, sorties, boss fights, highest level void fissures. Those modes should require all max gear and/or have affinity gain removed to deter leeching."

Those are not "higher tier tiles" (in your words) and your argument is still invalid.

[Everyone plays Warframe their way with or without using maxed gear (warframes, weapons, companions or sentinels), or trying to gain the highest Mastery Rank possible.]

If you have problem with other players who uses non-maxed items in-game during "Public" missions, then leave the mission and join another squad.

11 hours ago, Buttaface said:

"But but DARK SECTOR, DARK SECTOR!"

Wut?

This comment reveals your lack of maturity. 

I am not fond of how affinity mechanics mean that the best way to level weapons is often to leech affinity from other people's kills.

However, also, I have gone into eso (or arbitration) with a level 0 weapon and at the end had dealt over 50% of the group's damage. This does not always happen (sometimes I might have delivered only a small fraction of the group's damage), but I do not think "preventing affinity leeching by restricting allowed weapon ranks in eso" is the right fix. (And this often enough happens with me doing most of my damage with weapons.)

Weapon rank doesn't really say much about weapon lethality. They used to have a conclave system which was also a crude estimate, but maybe a better estimate than rank. But also, the mechanics of the game which are driving players to do this are an important part of the picture.

On 2019-05-18 at 1:19 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is it really leeching when Saryns getting all the kills anyways?

Well, ... if you are playing that Saryn, definitely no - because your weapons aren't going to get the affinity from those kills.

A laughably selfish solution. 

Nobody runs ESO for the rotation C. They run it for the easy affinity. 

Take that away and that game mode will drop faster than a bullet shot into a puddle. 

9 hours ago, Xaxma said:

A laughably selfish solution. 

Nobody runs ESO for the rotation C. They run it for the easy affinity. 

Take that away and that game mode will drop faster than a bullet shot into a puddle. 

Actually yes people do run it for the rotation C because it means you get a bunch of Focus which was the intended use for the mode as DE hinted at early on in it;s development. Not to mention the rewards that only have a chance to appear at rotation C like the Ephimera and the Lato vandal Receiver as I recall. I could be wrong about the part  in-particular but getting whichever Lato part comes from rotation C and enemies with higher levels for all that extra focus is a big factor in why people play it as well. Stealth farming with equinox at Adaro and going to hydron in general is more then enough to level any equipment, I am against the idea of leeching or helping people who don't contribute whatsoever as well and block anyone who is obviously leeching. I even go as far to report them if they do absolutely nothing or don't even try regardless of the mission which often happens in ESO and even Hydron by extremly lazy players. Although Affinity is tied to focus so it would not work either way, I'm still sticking with the idea that you should be forced to have atleast one maxed weapon to contribute and you cant go in the mode without that. Total Removal of Affinity from the mode would also defeat the purpose of ESO to begin with as well but dont act like the majority of people use the game mods to farm affinity, it is played for a variety of reasons and that is a fact my very narrow minded tenno.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with leeching unless players are AFK. It's not like the game is actually hard to solo. You can solo whole ESO by yourself quite easily. If you abhor helping someone level up that much then perhaps it's you who hates the idea of contributing & helping others, not everyone else.

I am of course talking about using low level stuff but still playing, not plain afk'ing. Requiring lvl'd up weapon won't stop afk'ing though, so this idea to fix AFK is totally pointless. Besides, you can contribute just fine with just your frame abilities.

Edited by zoffmode

I didn't read the whole thing considering how some people throw themselves at each others' throats on a topic like this...

You got a recruit chat, you got a ton of discord channels since that seems to be the primary communication app for warframe and all (I'm half sure there's a squad building discord somewhere but not sure if it's just for eidolons), you have clans, multiple communities with or without a clan (be they streamers, youtubers, TS users, etc),  among others I can't recall right now - In general, you have the tools to avoid thie problem at hand. People always find ways to make the grind faster and easier and either way it's not the players' fault that DE made Onslaught with such high affinity numbers to level up weapons as fast as it does.

And let's be real here, if you're still levelling your Focus in Onslaught then I highly recommend you find an alternative cuz there's faster ways than the very mode that was designed for it... which is funny since using a mode for reasons it's not designed for is kinda the topic.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Actually yes people do run it for the rotation C because it means you get a bunch of Focus which was the intended use for the mode as DE hinted at early on in it;s development. Not to mention the rewards that only have a chance to appear at rotation C like the Ephimera and the Lato vandal Receiver as I recall. I could be wrong about the part  in-particular but getting whichever Lato part comes from rotation C and enemies with higher levels for all that extra focus is a big factor in why people play it as well. Stealth farming with equinox at Adaro and going to hydron in general is more then enough to level any equipment, I am against the idea of leeching or helping people who don't contribute whatsoever as well and block anyone who is obviously leeching. I even go as far to report them if they do absolutely nothing or don't even try regardless of the mission which often happens in ESO and even Hydron by extremly lazy players. Although Affinity is tied to focus so it would not work either way, I'm still sticking with the idea that you should be forced to have atleast one maxed weapon to contribute and you cant go in the mode without that. Total Removal of Affinity from the mode would also defeat the purpose of ESO to begin with as well but dont act like the majority of people use the game mods to farm affinity, it is played for a variety of reasons and that is a fact my very narrow minded tenno.

None of it is a reportable offense. 

You have recruit chat if you want to get to rotation C.

Stop having expectations in pubs.

Blocking someone doesn't stop them from queuing with you. Just chatting with you. 

You're only going to see these people once in your entire life anyway. 

Equinox farming in Adaro doesn't level frames and requires 10x the work. 

Saryn can single handedly get to rotation C by herself already. 

You're pushing a nonissue thread. I would get upset about leeching in any other mode but onslaught because YOU WILL be inevitably and possibly intentionally leeching off the max range Saryn in pubs.

You can spare yourself the virtue headache by dropping that ego. 

Edited by Xaxma
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, _Kiro said:

In general, you have the tools to avoid thie problem at hand.

One tool would be to go play a better game where the higher tier game modes aren't allowed to be crammed full of leeches or players who endlessly rationalize their own and others' leeching.

The "make custom squad" retort to this pervasive problem in WF is just as fallacious in this thread as in all the others. Coop games are judged in quality on their random modes just as much if not more than premade teams. WF fails in this respect.

The "would kill ESO" rationalization is also absurd in light of the focus and rewards there.

Today I went to a pug arbitration and the team did fairly well. We stayed for 30 waves of grineer defense without much issue other than that the waves were very slow compared to what they should be. What could be the cause? Look at the end screen, one player has all junk, unleveled weapons on and as a result killed only about 5% of the mobs/damage. Another player with maxed gear, probably his best, is obviously newer with similar results, no harm no foul there, but the point is that there is already lots of carrying going on in WF without the purposeful, selfish leeches. So we could have gone much longer, got more rolls, etc., but for a selfish leech who wanted the higher affinity gains of the few high level modes in the game.

That's not the three honest players' fault for not taking the time and forming a team... that could be leeched -just as easily- because there is no "kick" button in WF and the host has no control over what weapons players equip before voting up to start the mission. Leech apologists in these threads posture as if premades are some panacea and they are most certainly not.

It's the game's fault and the selfish leeches' fault. Could and should be corrected and leave the rest of the starchart for carrying and leeching, not ESO, arbitration, top bounties, T4 fissures. That's requiring max gear or removing affinity from a truly paltry % of the game, yet rationalizers act as if it would create some massive hardship to level gear.

Edited by Buttaface

20 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

As long as nukers are in Eso. I'm leeching. Don't like it. Ask de to change parts of the game mode so I don't HAVE to. 

I don't have to leech to level.  I can contribute to a squad in support and kills while leveling at a decent rate.

Have you considered improving your gameplay?

43 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I don't have to leech to level.  I can contribute to a squad in support and kills while leveling at a decent rate.

Have you considered improving your gameplay?

Have you considered getting off my case and minding your own business? 

Just now, Xaxma said:

Have you considered getting off my case and minding your own business? 

Have you considered benefiting your squad?

Co-op games are meant to be cooperative.  If this thread is a bunch of arguments based on the merits of getting carried on someone else's effort, I see no real counter-argument to people raising this as an issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Have you considered benefiting your squad?

Co-op games are meant to be cooperative.  If this thread is a bunch of arguments based on the merits of getting carried on someone else's effort, I see no real counter-argument to people raising this as an issue.

Good thing playing Saryn requires no effort then, nor does 80% of content. 

Oh lol the typical nerf musketeers have arrived. They will turn anything into a nerf whine even when many people have already expressed disagreement with their point of view. Amazing.

ESO was never meant to be a challenge. It was created to take the bored vets out of the Starchart and into it as a focus farm. Like how Arbitration is artificially difficult but is actually just a giant time sink so you don't play other modes.

DE only needs the game that maximises their return, not the game to make you happy.

Edited by Guest

In Regular SO when I level my frames I’m still getting at least second or most kills with my melee when leveling frames 

In ESO when I’m leveling weapons if there isn’t a saryn I have to admit I’m a waste of space 

I don’t have a problem with this as long as I can level in SO I’m good

• Like 1