Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no release dates?

S.Dust

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

Listen to yourself honestly I have still been more civil than everyone here. I haven't called anyone entitled or questioned their intelligence. I haven't gone out and said your opinion is wrong to anyone I have only stated my own. And you use the excuses of this is reality to justify the fact that people have been out right rude. If you think I'm overly sensitive ok but grow up and be respectful.

It doesn't matter that you've been civil. Your question was answered and you continued to insist that the answer was wrong despite people giving you numerous examples of why DE does things the way that they do them.

You then took a few people being very slightly rude and said, "man, I sure am a victim right now," and you're surprised that people find that mentality annoying.

You're doing it on purpose and it's very obvious.

6 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Well as long as we're here another thing for you to hate me for is I think of they say sometime next week and that week comes they should inform is if they know it's not coming certain days so if it's Monday and you know it won't be done send out a tweet.

Updates are always the same day of the week (Wednesday I think) unless it's delayed a day or something for internal issues (which they'll tell you about).

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

We are being respectful. You're just upset that no one is pandering to an issue that you created. 

Am I like look back at all the comments and tell me none of those can be interpreted as rude.

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

Am I like look back at all the comments and tell me none of those can be interpreted as rude.

Wow, you sure are focused on having been 'wronged' while claiming you are not gathering sympathy.

Are you expecting the Principal to come in and give us detention for not communicating with you the way you prefer?

What is it you expect here?

Some of us express ourselves in a way you find 'bad'.

Do you want a cookie now or what?

Just now, S.Dust said:

You're taking a minority response and acting as if it's the majority. This is just a pity party you created. 

You claim victimhood, and yet you conveniently ignore the valid examples people have given you about why your premise was wrong to begin with. 

That's just low quality bait.

Heck, if I wanted to be rude like you're claiming we all are, I would have taken the mickey out on you for your horrible grammar. 

Just now, Zimzala said:

Wow, you sure are focused on having been 'wronged' while claiming you are not gathering sympathy.

Are you expecting the Principal to come in and give us detention for not communicating with you the way you prefer?

What is it you expect here?

Some of us express ourselves in a way you find 'bad'.

Do you want a cookie now or what?

Again the people in this forum are not changing who do you think im gonna get sympathy from.

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

Remember Spectors of the Rails? Remember The War Within? The amount of pure vitriol and toxicity when those didn't launch on exact dates were the final nails in the coffin. Now we get a soon or next week when they're close to being done. 

This War within was WAY overdue and they said "okay sorry we won't give dates out to over hype and let people down".

7 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Why have you posted this gif! Now I will stare at it for 10 minutes!

It is the landing that mesmerizes me.

*stares

Hopefully, with Railjack we'll see it a lot more!

Please?

they don't give exact times so that they can be more sure of their release going well on a day they are prepared for instead of being rushed. pretty sure they have said this in a devstream or prime time before.

i come to the forums to read angry people posts, today i am not let down 🙂

Don't make threads like this or some smart fella will come here and tell you to shut up because this is a "free to play" game.

Answer to your question is exactly that. DE probably don't feel "obliged" to do anything up to a certain standart because the game they provide is "free."

And TBH I'm not complaining. It has been this way since the start and except maybe once or twice, the lack of a time schedule never bothered me.

Edited by White_Matter

1 minute ago, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

Not to be rude...

But can someone tell me Why no release dates? 🤣

Not sure what people are talking about. They said it would be coming hopefully this week, maybe next week. Demanding exact dates is for control freaks.

Just now, Plushy said:

Not sure what people are talking about. They said it would be coming hopefully this week, maybe next week. Demanding exact dates is for control freaks.

why so rude?

In all seriousness, I know the answer and read a multitude of other good answers(hence my rude reference). Thought I'd diffuse the situation by being new "victim" lol

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Is there a reason DE can never give a concrete release date for any of the updates like EVERY OTHER GAME? I'm actual curious why is it that this game is the only game that just goes some time next week or some time this year/month rather than actually give a concrete date that players can expect.

Because they have a bad track record of missing their release dates, so they stopped setting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Lol love how there is a clear concrete wrong side no middle ground.

The middle ground is saying "update this week" with no concrete date but no "secret update whenever" either.

Edited by Fishyflakes