Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Suggestions

The obvious:

• decrease the time/reward cycle.  Seriously - a crap defense tile can take up to 15 minutes/wave.  That's just obscene. go back to 5 minute rewards - even if it means decreasing the amount of crap, I mean endo, you give us.
  • Change the rewards - endo, endo, statue (rebranded endo), endo, and another statue does not make for rewarding game play.

The Mechanics

• If we can't melee through walls, drones shouldn't be able to link through walls.
  • Revives
    • get rid of them and fix host migrations.
    • failing (or continuing to fail) the above, make the green things "Press X" to pick up.
    • Move the burden to the player who dies.  One idea I had would be to let all drones drop green things all the time.  You can pick them up by pressing X, at which point you are "burdened" for 30 seconds.  Once you have carried 5 of them, you are granted a revive.  You don't have to carry them all at once.  you can't stack "revives" so if you use yours up, you have to start from zero again.  If you didn't collect 5 before you die - well you're dead.  So if you know you are a squishy player, you better plan accordingly and pick your spots to pick them up to build up your stack.  The advantage of this is it means a player could also get revives when playing solo.  IF DE's intent was really what they stated ie. "dying is no fun" and not simply to mask host migrations, DE should be on board with this.
  • Enough with 300 power strength.  Change it up - give us 300% range, 300% efficiency, 300% duration.  change it up a bit.  Pretty tired of seeing 300% power strength on loki, inaros etc.
  • Give us more than just the one mission type per hour.  If you want to limit us to running one arbitration/hour, fine - but let us choose the type.
  •  

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

38 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Change the rewards - endo, endo, statue (rebranded endo), endo, and another statue does not make for rewarding game play.

I would just put statues something that should be able to be dropped from rathuum because rathuum is already an endo farm

If we can't melee through walls, drones shouldn't be able to link through walls.

Most definitely, they shouldn't even go through walls at all.

• Revives
    • failing (or continuing to fail) the above, make the green things "Press X" to pick up.
    • Move the burden to the player who dies.  One idea I had would be to let all drones drop green things all the time.  You can pick them up by pressing X, at which point you are "burdened" for 30 seconds.  Once you have carried 5 of them, you are granted a revive.  You don't have to carry them all at once.  you can't stack "revives" so if you use yours up, you have to start from zero again.  If you didn't collect 5 before you die - well you're dead.  So if you know you are a squishy player, you better plan accordingly and pick your spots to pick them up to build up your stack.  The advantage of this is it means a player could also get revives when playing solo.  IF DE's intent was really what they stated ie. "dying is no fun" and not simply to mask host migrations, DE should be on board with this.
  • Enough with 300 power strength.  Change it up - give us 300% range, 300% efficiency, 300% duration.  change it up a bit.  Pretty tired of seeing 300% power strength on loki, inaros etc.
  • Give us more than just the one mission type per hour.  If you want to limit us to running one arbitration/hour, fine - but let us choose the type.

Yes yes, yes, and yes.
All of these sound good. 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

On 2019-05-16 at 2:12 AM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

The Mechanics

• If we can't melee through walls, drones shouldn't be able to link through walls.
  • Revives

What Tucker said^

Players can't access Arbitration until they have completed all mission nodes of the Star Map, its not for beginners.

Its true, players don't have to collect Resurgence Burden from killing drones to resurrect the downed players.
If player needs the group to keep them alive, they aren't ready for Arbitration.

And now, maybe because we can resurrect players, some are using squishy warframes, like Saryn. Which then leads to do players collect Resurgence Burdens and risk their lives for players who aren't ready or expect to be carried through Arbitration or do they ignore the downed players and act like A******s because they don't want to risk dying (& risk not getting further rewards) to help others who maybe shouldn't be in Arbitration or using squishy builds?

With the no revive mechanic, anyone can get carried (using rifted Limbo) by a pre-arranged group, so that option would still be available,

and then players who PUG Arbitration, would not be expected to risk their lives, the rewards they might receive, to help downed players who aren't ready for it or who choose to use squishy warframes/builds.

As things stand atm, if player does not want to help revive a downed player, they are probably going to be viewed as an A******, and its hard to kill drones and not pick up Resurgence Burden (by accident), so adding additional burden to players who just want to play the game and not have to carry others (there is a difference between working with other players and carrying them).

No-revive Arbitration is a stepping stone to being a better player, its not where those-that-have-worked-to-get-to-that-point, are meant to carry those-who-aren't-yet-ready. I worked at being able to survive in Arbitration or I died and missed out.

Which brings me to this...
I have an immortal Inaros build and i joined PUG Arbitration Survival with 2 Saryn and an unknown. The unknown died fairly quickly, was revived and died again and then left. The Saryn's died, and while i was slowly collecting revive tokens I was ganged up on by several Ancients (room was getting crowded) protected by drones. I ceased to be (at that point my Inaros ceased to be immortal). If not for trying to be a nice player and gather Resurgence Burdens, I wouldn't have died.
Guess if i want to kill drones and not pick up the Resurgence Burden, I'll need to use a sniper rifle and stay away from the area (awkward).

---------

Solo survival arbitration (no one else joined group). I killed everything that spawned and yet I ran out of life support few seconds before reaching 30min mark.

Suggest DE provide more enemies or more life support. Both would be nice. I can't make other players join the mission to get an increase in spawn rate so the current spawn rate penalizes solo players.

Just ran my first arbitration where my squad actually attempted to engage the revive system and it seemed super obtuse.  I much preferred the previous perma death mode as it added more tension and consequence.  If someone in the squad went down you could still finish the mission and everyone was rewarded for time spent.  As it is, when someone goes down it just gets confusing.  This is compounded by the fact that the mode does not seem to have any in game guides or explanation.  I understand that this is very much a work in progress but I personally feel like the revival method was a regression.