Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation rifts are extremly frustrating

yannu

The title say it all. You cant keep the excavators alive and almost no energy cell guys spawn. And even when they spawn, there are like 10 ancient healers and nullifiers that keep them safe. I opened 2 axi relics but the extraction prompt never showed up. You are forced to leave and loose all your loot. Garbage mission in rifts...

9 minutes ago, yannu said:

The title say it all. You cant keep the excavators alive and almost no energy cell guys spawn. And even when they spawn, there are like 10 ancient healers and nullifiers that keep them safe. I opened 2 axi relics but the extraction prompt never showed up. You are forced to leave and loose all your loot. Garbage mission in rifts...

There is no extraction prompt in excav or survival missions. You go to the extraction point when you are done.

Uhh, if you're solo, then you should use the right frame for the job...you know like Frost, Gara or Limbo? Even if the power cell dudes take forever to show up, if you're using those frames, your excavators are safe. 

And there's also this thing called priority target. If ancient healers/nullifiers/shield drones are making the enemies tougher, then you should kill them first than waste your ammo/energy killing them while they're being buffed. O,o

vor einer Stunde schrieb SneakyErvin:

There is no extraction prompt in excav or survival missions. You go to the extraction point when you are done.

Sry, didnt know how to properly write it. I meant that the extraction point didnt show up.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Yxivi:

Uhh, if you're solo, then you should use the right frame for the job...you know like Frost, Gara or Limbo? Even if the power cell dudes take forever to show up, if you're using those frames, your excavators are safe. 

And there's also this thing called priority target. If ancient healers/nullifiers/shield drones are making the enemies tougher, then you should kill them first than waste your ammo/energy killing them while they're being buffed. O,o

I was using nidus and the enemys were dead before they could attack the excavator, the problem was when i had to get those energy cells the excavator was unprotected, its true that a defensive frame whould have helped a lot.

Obviously i prioritized the ancients and nullifiers whenever possible, but there were almost always 4-5 on top of eachother, protecting each others shield generator at the top. So it took too much time to deal with them just for 1 energy cell, by then the excavator was already dead. Again, a defensive frame would have helped.

Problem is, i currently dont have a good build defensive frame. So i think its sad that just because i dont have that i cant do that mission. It was the only axi relic mission at that time, i would have needed to wait an hour for new ones.

Still, i opened 2 relics, but no extraction point showed up. So thats kinda the thing that frustrated me the most.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hikuro-93:

Maybe you should improve yourself and your teamplay? I have 0 issues with them, as someone who playes Arbitration excavations regularly and to 20+ excavators.

I was doing it solo because i didnt want a team that would want to run 20+ excavators, ofc its completely doable in a team. Just wanted to open one relic.

Il y a 21 heures, yannu a dit :

Sry, didnt know how to properly write it. I meant that the extraction point didnt show up.

It does show up, but usually it's hidden behind an extractor icon.

It really is annoying, but if you run toward the furthest extractor placement icon, the green arrow-thing should show up on the minimap.

Also, completely agree. Without frost or limbo, trying to do a highish-level excavation solo is a PITA. you have to run to grab the batteries and by the time you're back, your excavators are dead.

Luckily in Relic Excavation, you only need to do 2-5 excavators before you can extract.

This is a gamemode that is blatantly made for teamplay and is quite solo un-friendly. This is the reason I avoid excavation relics, or high-tier variations of it. I usually just run the one on Earth when I need cryotic, because I can get to around 12 extractors before bombard and heavy gunners start being a serious issue.

It's not the level of the enemies that becomes an issue at that stage, it's the sheer numbers of them. Unless you're using Saryn + Ignis or some such large-AOE frame/weapon, you kill one enemy while at least 15 others are busy blasting the extractors.

Am 16.5.2019 um 21:51 schrieb Els236:

It does show up, but usually it's hidden behind an extractor icon.

It really is annoying, but if you run toward the furthest extractor placement icon, the green arrow-thing should show up on the minimap.

Also, completely agree. Without frost or limbo, trying to do a highish-level excavation solo is a PITA. you have to run to grab the batteries and by the time you're back, your excavators are dead.

Luckily in Relic Excavation, you only need to do 2-5 excavators before you can extract.

This is a gamemode that is blatantly made for teamplay and is quite solo un-friendly. This is the reason I avoid excavation relics, or high-tier variations of it. I usually just run the one on Earth when I need cryotic, because I can get to around 12 extractors before bombard and heavy gunners start being a serious issue.

It's not the level of the enemies that becomes an issue at that stage, it's the sheer numbers of them. Unless you're using Saryn + Ignis or some such large-AOE frame/weapon, you kill one enemy while at least 15 others are busy blasting the extractors.

I was actually on top of the onaly extractor at that point to see if the extraction icon was hidden. But it really seemed like there was no extraction. Was a bit weird.

First i was a bit hesitant to do that mission, but it was the only one for an hour and so i just went with it. Next time im not gonna go solo though ^^

When i checked my inventory yesterday i somehow had the items from the relics of that mission, that was pretty nice.