Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last man standing battle royale mode

-PIPL-____Aivengo____

It's no secret that PvP content in Warframe is almost not developing, our offer will help to attract players who are interested in PvP content in the game.

What we offer:

The weekly battle of the alliances and clans

Purpose:

Attracting new players and old-timers to the game

What is the essence:

The battle in the context of PVP:

- Capture the flag, hold the point (bunker)

- Certain modes (only melee weapons, only secondary weapons, only primary weapons, only a certain ability from 1 to 4 randomly)

-Various debuffs for players in the party

Battle PVE:

Analog of complicated sortie

– inability to resurrect a team member

– enabled random modes nightmares and / or individual debuffs (similar to the keys of the dragon)

– different maps

The competition is held in several stages from 3 to 8, the advantage is the uniqueness of locations (only for participants of clans and alliances, solo players unavailable) of the planet or the ships of the new type (design / layout).

Be sure to separate ratings.

Reward options:

- consecutive reward (analog of night wave), in case of loss participants fall down 1 stage

- Boosts(random) (all players in the Alliance)

- Discounts on product groups (only members from the Alliance / clan)

- Temporary weapon that would be issued to participants from the Alliance / clan at the time of the battle and\or winners.

- Ability to obtain buff's on certain planets (for example +200 damage+protection+ damage from abilities and vast)

- A set of relics from the age of clans and alliances 7-10 pieces from a closed store

- The memorial room in the dojo.

- Souvenirs for all players in clans and alliances participating in battles.

For clans and alliances which within weeks keep first place in the rating of additional awards (such as paint, boosts, weapons, skins for warframes from tennogen)

• Like 1

Also temporary weapons would be like event exclusive weapons? If yes then I hate that idea.

Let me get this correct, only squad up with clan/alliance members?

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.
  • Like 1

Why should developers suddenly remove pvp content? I really like pvp and it would be great if the developers they will implement at least some of the described ideas.

Guilds in the game now do not have much importance. What can you get from the clan? this is a social component, laboratories... that's all. Maybe it will be able to slightly improve the position of the guilds. Why would indeed not do something like arbitration\alarms\waves of on pvp of a component of? And really, why not make exclusive rewards for Guild members? I think that's a good idea.

Edited by Lost_in_Cyberspace
completed his thought

I like that idea. still would have come up with some difficult challenge for solo games with individual awards for players (glyph,sigil or something similar). on type kill Solo wolf 60lvl. this will force players to pay more attention to their equipment. and this mode was only possible in a single game pve.

Edited by prudens063
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We need a massive map like plains of earth or orb vaillis but take out all the enemies and put as manny people as u can fit in one of those maps and have a last man standing battle royale or a last squad standing with arbitration revival rules cause the conclave is kinda lame 

@Gabbynaru This is it, right? Your favourite topic to post in. I've seen your name pop up as one of the first ones to comment on these, I figured it was worth mentioning.

@(NSW)tremorking Unlikely to happen. I think I've seen Steve even joking about on a dev stream, and personally, I don't think the engine could handle it anyway. It is optimised for other things. Just compare with what they did in Relays, Cetus and Fortuna to make it manageable with lots of people in the same instance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)tremorking said:

Why not?

Warframe just isn't PvP focused. And most of us like it that way. And PvP in Warframe is so small that it's massively overshadowed and abandoned in comparison with PvE content. And because most PvP events DE launched generated high levelsof toxicity within the community, as most PvP's tend to do. And because if anyone wants PvP there are lots of more options in other games, and with much, much higher quality since they specialize in PvP.

As for the idea itself? I wouldn't mind, could be interesting if DE managed to actually make the PvP system balanced and viable, and not clunky. But the reward is way too small and risky to actually see it as a viable investment of time and resources. So while I wouldn't mind, I rather have PvE content much more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)tremorking said:

Woah i feels the hate coming of some of u

Yes, and to be fair, this has been brought up repeatedly. But some forum dwellers just love to hate on it, and this suggestion in particular. I guess the "use the search function" reply is reserved for the most disliked topics around here. 😉

Looks like you're new on the forums. Don't let it intimidate you, you'll get the hang of it fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)tremorking said:

We need a massive map like plains of earth or orb vaillis but take out all the enemies and put as manny people as u can fit in one of those maps and have a last man standing battle royale or a last squad standing with arbitration revival rules cause the conclave is kinda lame 

And you need to use the search bar to learn that this has been posted many times and is not gonna happen not even in any alternative future.

il y a 30 minutes, Kontrollo a dit :

Yes, and to be fair, this has been brought up repeatedly. But some forum dwellers just love to hate on it, and this suggestion in particular. I guess the "use the search function" reply is reserved for the most disliked topics around here. 😉

Looks like you're new on the forums. Don't let it intimidate you, you'll get the hang of it fast.

Telling people to use the search function isn't hate and can be brought on any topic that has been talked about before. This is simply one of the most common type of redundant topic (aka Battle Royal). 

And it's not that we "love to hate it". I honeslty just don't like the idea at all in any way, shape and form. That's it. The annoying part of it isn't much about the many reasons why it's a bad idea, but rather the fact that we almost get spammed by these threads (since people don't know "their" idea was proposed several times before).

Most if not all arguments were already discussed in previous threads, so I personnaly don't know why I would bother repeating myself over and over again rther than ask those forums users to use just 1-2 minutes of their time to make a quick research with the tools at their disposition.

Just now, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Telling people to use the search function isn't hate and can be brought on any topic that has been talked about before. This is simply one of the most common type of redundant topic (aka Battle Royal). 

And it's not that we "love to hate it". I honeslty just don't like the idea at all in any way, shape and form. That's it. The annoying part of it isn't much about the many reasons why it's a bad idea, but rather the fact that we almost get spammed by these threads (since people don't know "their" idea was proposed several times before).

Most if not all arguments were already discussed in previous threads, so I personnaly don't know why I would bother repeating myself over and over again rther than ask those forums users to use just 1-2 minutes of their time to make a quick research with the tools at their disposition.

Look, I've been around since before the rework of the Conclave, and reactions like this one got old rather fast even back in the day. Proof? Here's an example from 2015. It just gets tiresome to scroll past the spam after a while, you know.

So you here you're basically telling a new guy on the forums off and clogging up a thread trying to start an argument. That's exactly what we don't need.

And by the way, current hot topics in GD have been discussed to death every single year I've been reading these forums. Where's the "use the search function" in those? Or in the countless "content drought" threads of this and yesteryear? Just spare me.

Now, do you have something to contribute that is at least helpful? You know, pointing to Steve's reaction in a dev stream might be (because I don't remember which). Linking to some other official information, or even a previous thread like this one might be as well. Anything?

• Like 1

Come one, come all, and spin the Wheel of Conclave "Feedback"!

Spoiler

jaYYZlN.png

3 hours ago, (NSW)tremorking said:

Technical concerns aside, this OP gives no meaningful discussion of how a BR mode might be implemented in Warframe.
It gives no consideration of balancing, spawning, weapons, equipment/vehicles, resources, matchmaking, team composition, or rewards.
It only barely explores maps and revivals, and two seconds of thinking about either will reveal that they are both grossly unfit:

• PoE and OV terrain favor sniping to the point of excluding other approaches.
  • Arbitration revivals require 5 special kills to collect a burdensome resource for one revive - do you really expect anyone to get revived in that case?
    (If anyone does get revived, it's clear their team had no use for them anyways.)

The most valuable thing this thread does, apparently, is serve as a dumping-ground for reaction gifs.

• Like 1

We got everything here:
- A battle royale mode;
- A few arguments here and there;
- A lawyer with an amazing ability to check backgrounds;
- Validation and Invalidation;
- Memes and Popcorn.

I might start looking and paying attention at the conclave section

From a technical standpoint OP, a battle royale just wouldn't work. Heck the regular gameplay barely functions as-is with P2P. If the host were to disconnect you'd have what 50-100 people in a host migration situation.

I'd leave a battle royale mode to games that already offer it, since the market seems to be saturated with them currently.

Battle Royale?

Animated GIF

After Arbitrations caught fire for the poor implementation of the player revive mechanic, a mechanic most recently seen in Apex Legends, I don't think DE would even attempt to borrow another concept from games like that for a while, let alone even touch up on PVP when most of the PVE aspects receive & require more attention at this point.

Still, good luck with...This thing.

• Like 1