Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wouldn't it be nice if platinum was easier to earn

notafaze

You either farm items for platinum or buy platinum, depending on how much time you have. I bought about 12,000 worth of platinum/Prime access pack. That helped my progress tremendously and also supports the developer directly. It also helps those who farm items for platinum from players like me who pay platinum to buy some items. It’s win-win either way. 

Plat is easy to earn, trading. It takes a bit to get use to but once that happens plat is easy to come by depending on what you selling. And getting stuff to sell is easy for new players. Plains and vallis bounties have either vaulted relics during unvaulting (sometimes) or the newest relics, just a but farming and you'll have a parts that people will want.

There is no way to earn platinum in the game. That is, any platinum you see around was bought by someone else. You can't "earn" platinum in the same way you can earn a grindable resource. You can only trade platinum from someone who (eventually) bought it with real money.

There is some objective platinum value via cash shop with buying frames and some cosmetics for plat, but mostly its price is determined by player market, and its worth (that you perceive as "earnability") is entirely playerbase dependent.

What you call "plat being easier to earn" means people paying more plat for the stuff you sell which is, basically, inflation. It's mostly irrelevant for the purpose of player transactions, but generally means less effective plat sinks (cash shop, reactors, catalysts, all the stuff). Which any way you look at it effectively means DE undercutting themselves on plat sales

I've play few years for free and put a few buck in the game after that and as you can see i'm still alive and on the game.

If we are able to play for free , it's cuz others people sometime buy platinium , also we should be happy to play at a pay2fast and not a pay2win.

Also like other peoples said above you can earn PL for free with trading prime part.

Sorry for my english.

All plat that can be traded to another player has been bought for money.

as for ‘earning it,’ you do that by selling prime parts to people who have spent real money.  The cost of those prime parts is determined by the open market.  Ie, we the players decide how much we think things are worth.  There is no mechanism that DE could add that would control those prices.  We do it in real life with taxes and interest rates.  They don’t really work here.

besides, if you could sell your prime parts for more platinum, it means the buyer has to pay more - ie, he gets less parts for his plat.  And that cycle would continue where the plat you received would buy you less than it would have before.  

45 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think a better idea would be to find a way to sidestep platinum all together....

It would be nice of there was a way to earn Slots and Potatos without Platinum.

haven't seen slots, but there has always been ways to get potatoes without platinum.    And now its easier than ever.

No, increasing plat gain would only cause inflation and a fluctuation in pricing in current mods and items, It would also cause them to have to reevaluate pricing in the market and the amount of platinum they give with purchases and cost of other ingame things. It would cause volatility in places where it doesnt need to be for no gain other than the perception of an increase.

I'm just going to be blunt here... but you sound entitled.

You believe you deserve something because you are new? I'll give you a free lesson since I'm a generous person: the world don't work like that.

To compare, here's how I would sound entitled, "I put so much real money into this game, I deserve all of the Nightwave rewards". But I understand if I want those rewards, I need to work for them. I missed out because I didn't put in the effort others have.

If you want Platinum, you need to put in the effort. Go and start a new topic asking, "As a New Player, How Could I Earn Platinum in Game?". Here's another free tip, if you show integrity and humility, you may find there are more than a few players willing to help you get started for nothing.

On 2019-05-16 at 9:47 AM, notafaze said:

I mean for new players it is such a pain to have to earn platinum especially if they don't wanna spend cash on the game

You should be grateful that plats are tradable between players. This act is basically akin to someone else paying for you to enjoy the game. I dont know of any free-to-play game that allows the ability to trade with premium currency. So once again, be grateful that plats being tradable is even possible.

Edited by tychondus

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I think a better idea would be to find a way to sidestep platinum all together....

It would be nice of there was a way to earn Slots and Potatos without Platinum.

Nightwave for you

On 2019-05-15 at 4:47 PM, notafaze said:

I mean for new players it is such a pain to have to earn platinum especially if they don't wanna spend cash on the game

That would cause a price increase across the board, so, no thanks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

I do think for new players it might be beneficial to provide them some. The biggest holdups are slots. It may incentivize them to buy more,

If not plat, maybe just the slots

Legit and totally non-judgemental  question - you don't think the 50p starter plat and the slots earnable through nightwave currently are sufficient ? 

Just now, kkert said:

Legit and totally non-judgemental  question - you don't think the 50p starter plat and the slots earnable through nightwave currently are sufficient ? 

Comes down to what is 'enough'. 50p starter, I don't think that is enough personally. It's not tradeable, and will net you very little. It's also super easy for a newbie to blow through it on things they don't really need, but don't know any better.

Nightwave, slots and stuff are great, but there are few and can't be reacquired - barring waiting for the new nightwave to come around. Perhaps if there were more, then yes. It is a good step in the right direction IMO.

Something that I never  quite understood with (new) players. When I tell them the easiest way to get plat, even offering them very profitable ways to do so, the common reaction to it is : meh, that's boring. Any way i can get 1000-2000p without actually doing anything?

After that I must use the ignore function on this player.

Edited by arimanari