ZeonicGundam

An Idea For A New Corrupted Mod

Just something I thought of in a dream the other day right before waking up. Not out to actually get it put in game, not even thinking it's the best thing ever. Probably could do with some changes to the idea. But I thought it was interesting anyways and figured some people might like it. 🙂

So, the idea: Corrupted mod that gives +ability strength with -ammo to weapons (both primaries and secondaries). Was thinking it would be -ammo max, but could also affect magazine/clip capacity, too.

Or maybe some other positive or other negative or both. Idk. What're some ideas you all have? 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Launcelotko said:

Give me a million dollars, but take the bowl from my cat.

Here are my ideas about this.

I don't understand. I don't know that saying. Please explain.

1 minute ago, SECURATYYY said:

The -negative isn't enough.

Which is something I thought may be the case. Even stated as such. So, if you could please dispense with the mystery and state any changes you've thought of. 🙂

Anything that gives +str, which we have enough already, needs a hefty penalty. Ammo is basically a nonfactor in this game.

I don't think we need any more str mods period. You have to consider what it would do to certain frames if they combined all of them together. Results wouldn't be good for game balance.

Corrupted mod that converts shields to health, and a mod that converts health to shields.

Just now, SECURATYYY said:

Anything that gives +str, which we have enough already, needs a hefty penalty. Ammo is basically a nonfactor in this game.

I don't think we need any more str mods period. You have to consider what it would do to certain frames if they combined all of them together. Results wouldn't be good for game balance.

Corrupted mod that converts shields to health, and a mod that converts health to shields.

Hey, I also suggested changing the positive. Or both the negative and positive. I'm just curious what ideas others have for corrupted mods. Like, go ahead and critique mine, but what use is any of what you say if you aren't gonna post alternate suggestions? People often say this is a forum for discussion, so... Discuss! xD No need to be only the negative side of a corrupted mod yourself. 😛

I am not sure your suggested mod would be implemented, the negative ammo (unless it reaches 100%) will not impact much, it will also make the already powerful kitguns (with charge arcane) the preferred choice and no impact to melee is seen.

And this is less of a corrupt mod and more of a corrupt amalgam mod? 

Maybe +strength - damage (all weapons) would be better. 

Or + efficiency - multishot and combo duration, 

Or + range - fire rate and projectile speed and melee speed. 

Or + duration - Crit and status

The % would need to be checked for optimization. 

• Upvote 1

The idea of corrupted mods is related to double-edged sword. You  can't make a sword stronger by sacrificing your spare pockets, you can only make it sharper e.g. by tempering it and so making it more brittle, or by sharpening, and making the edge thinner and less durable. If you give strength, take away range (focused), or energy (cost), or duration (stability). That's the idea of corrupted mods.

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure your suggested mod would be implemented, the negative ammo (unless it reaches 100%) will not impact much, it will also make the already powerful kitguns (with charge arcane) the preferred choice and no impact to melee is seen.

And this is less of a corrupt mod and more of a corrupt amalgam mod? 

Maybe +strength - damage (all weapons) would be better. 

Or + efficiency - multishot and combo duration, 

Or + range - fire rate and projectile speed and melee speed. 

Or + duration - Crit and status

The % would need to be checked for optimization. 

Now those are some great ideas. 🙂 I really like that +efficiency, -multishot and combo duration one especially. Really makes me think how well that would actually perform in game. Would also really make use of frames that buff their weapons. Harrow, Rhino come to mind immediately.

1 minute ago, Bouldershoulder said:

The idea of corrupted mods is related to double-edged sword. You  can't make a sword stronger by sacrificing your spare pockets, you can only make it sharper e.g. by tempering it and so making it more brittle, or by sharpening, and making the edge thinner and less durable. If you give strength, take away range (focused), or energy (cost), or duration (stability). That's the idea of corrupted mods.

Hey, it was just a freakin dream. xD Don't blame me for how my min wanders. 😛 But I do like your suggested negatives. Especially the negative range and energy ones. Would also be interesting to see how the negative range one could be worked to affect hitscan weapons, too. Like, maybe negative accuracy instead of range? Or maybe even both negative accuracy and range?

9 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Yeah but we already have a decent rock paper scissor (best analogy I could think of) setup for corrupted mods, and amalgam mods are a thing but their +ve effects are rather lame. 

I guess OP is suggesting something similar but in reverse. 

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I guess OP is suggesting something similar but in reverse. 

Nah, I was more after discussion and brainstorming. 🙂 Seen too much negativity on these forums, people all too often after arguing over actually coming up with ideas. Only forum I've ever been a member of that's this bad regarding that.

19 minutes ago, ZeonicGundam said:

Nah, I was more after discussion and brainstorming. 🙂 Seen too much negativity on these forums, people all too often after arguing over actually coming up with ideas. Only forum I've ever been a member of that's this bad regarding that.

Yeah, there is a really high aversion to change. 

But "I do not want things to change" is still a valid feedback. 

Also you may want to add this to general discussion instead of feedback if you are expecting player views and are expecting your own views to change over time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But "I do not want things to change" is still a valid feedback. 

Yeah, it is, it's just the WAY that feedback is given. I haven't seen most people handle things in the most constructive of ways.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Also you may want to add this to general discussion instead of feedback if you are expecting player views and are expecting your own views to change over time. 

Is the only way to do that to remake the thread over there, potentially linking back to this one, asking for this one to be locked? Or is there somewhere I can request this thread be moved to that more appropriate section?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, ZeonicGundam said:

Is the only way to do that to remake the thread over there, potentially linking back to this one, asking for this one to be locked? Or is there somewhere I can request this thread be moved to that more appropriate section?

You can report your own post with a note that you want to move the thread. Already done this for you. A moderator will see and take action.

Edited by Bouldershoulder
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ZeonicGundam said:

Yeah, it is, it's just the WAY that feedback is given. I haven't seen most people handle things in the most constructive of ways.

What @Bouldershouldersaid 

On 2019-05-16 at 4:56 AM, Bouldershoulder said:

You can report your own post with a note that you want to move the thread. Already done this for you. A moderator will see and take action.

Cool, thanks. 🙂

On 2019-05-16 at 4:57 AM, SECURATYYY said:

+ flat armor

-sprint speed

Dayum, I like that a lot.

Here's another one... +ability range, -ability efficiency. Maybe even vice versa, but I dunno if subtracting range for an efficiency gain is enough of a trade off.

As long as there is a worty tradeoff, Corrupted mods are a great idea for min maxing, and the ones that we still lack should be created, if only to have the whole set.

I wonder what kind of weird interactions like speed Nova would we find out if we could reduce Range, Efficiency or Duration to negative values like we can do with strenght.

Also giving us a +crit chance, - status chance or viceversa mods would help with zaw customization quite a lot

• Like 1

I've thought of having a Corrupted set that mangles the bonuses and detriments so that every part of the set is at odds with the other properties on the mod, like a +Ability Efficiency/-Critical Damage set that has a Maiming Strike effect and an Equilibrium effect. The bonus is for Warframes. The detriment is a bane to using weapons. Every mod's effect is either redundant or actively disadvantaged.

• Like 1