Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid farming at low levels

Vit0Corleone

Question

I'm hoping that someone here could help out with some feedback.

I'm currently at mr8, having started 3 weeks ago ( or close to that ).

At the moment, I'm trying to make sure I max every syndicate every day, but I'm having issues with Toroid farming for Vox Solaris. All other syndicates are manageable, but this one has been a complete frustration.

In order to get the 9 toroids I need per day, I end up spending something like 2-3 hours, which is absolutely ridiculous, especially comparing with the other syndicates.

So.. I have to assume I'm doing something wrong.

I end up always doing it solo because apparently no one wants or needs Toroids anymore. Which is understandable. From what I've heard, after maxing Vox Solaris this is only needed for cosmetics etc. and people just use Profit Taker for rep. Recruit chat, clan/alliance chat, so far haven't had any luck forming a group.

Anyways, here's what I've been doing ..

I go to either Labs or Space Port ( they seem to be a little more manageable than Profit Temple ).

I pick a spot I can defend[1], deploy my Volt shield and start killing the enemies, letting them place the alert beacons and letting the alert reach level 4.

Given my poor choice of frames/weapons, I usually leave at around 15-20 minutes tops, when my DPS starts falling. As far as I can tell, staying longer does not improve drop chances. In fact, since it takes me longer to kill, in theory it should make chances worst?

Now, for those 15-20 minutes, I end up with anywhere between 0 ( normal ) or 3 toroids ( my record so far ).

I don't know what am I doing wrong. Yes, I'm aware that with specialized loadouts the results would be way better, but is it normal to get such a low drop rate in my case?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :-)

Edit: funny, after posting this, did a 18 minutes run at the Labs that got me 5 toroids, my record so far! Didn't change anything on my method/gear, so I guess just luck.

[1] Labs: I go into the bunker at the right side and place shield on the door. Space port: Left room at the entrance, place shield at the door.

Edited by Vit0Corleone

17 answers to this question

1 -> pick  khora / hydroid / nekros

2-> take the augments 

3-> go to fortuna 

4-> ??? 

5-> profits

or just wait until u have a higher mr / better mods and weapons / unlock rank 5 fortuna.

Edited by affropiaf

19 minutes ago, affropiaf said:

or just wait until u have a higher mr / better mods and weapons

You're saying that my problem is being low mr and having bad weapons/mods? That is true, but I don't see how should it affect in this case. Can you elaborate?

I can kill them just fine up to 15-20 minutes. I usually stop when they are reaching level 40. My problem is that they rarely drop toroids.

Vox Solaris isn't really one you need to be focusing on so early. It may be more efficient to wait until you have the gear (and Solaris United standing) to kill Profit Taker or Exploiter and farm them for the advanced toroids instead. Profit Taker only takes 5-10 min with decent gear, and will always drop a Crisma Toroid worth 6000 standing.

The few toroids you need for crafting and ranking up will still be a pain, but getting better guns and the right frames will help a lot.

5 minutes ago, Llamatronian said:

Vox Solaris isn't really one you need to be focusing on so early. It may be more efficient to wait until you have the gear (and Solaris United standing) to kill Profit Taker or Exploiter and farm them for the advanced toroids instead. Profit Taker only takes 5-10 min with decent gear, and will always drop a Crisma Toroid worth 6000 standing.

The few toroids you need for crafting and ranking up will still be a pain, but getting better guns and the right frames will help a lot.

That was actually my initial plan, when I learned how much the big Toroids are worth.

But the thing is, I can only do 9k rep per syndicate per day. At that pace it will take a while to max it if I wait, so the sooner I start, the better. That was my rationale, but off course I wasn't expecting such a poor drop rate.

do u already finish the eidolon farm ? 

cause little duck rep is only a upgrade to cetus quills .

if u do , just complete all rank for fortuna ( it ll take some time since u are low mr ) then farm the profil take for toroid rep .

if u want to begin the toroid farm , just use a farming friendly frame like nekros / hydroid ...  and some good weapon (gas ignis  / slash viral khom ...) or just wander in the caves since toroid can spawn inside.

beside, each tilme u upgrade ur mr, u get more standing per day .

Edited by affropiaf

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

So.. I have to assume I'm doing something wrong.

Nope.... The Fortuna Syndicates are by far the worste in the game...

You're not doing anything wrong. The RNG Is just bugged.

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I don't know what am I doing wrong. Yes, I'm aware that with specialized loadouts the results would be way better, but is it normal to get such a low drop rate in my case?

Well I wouldn't say it's normal but yes it does Happen alot. 

The fastest+easiest way to farm toroids is to find group for Heist 2 Profit taker. Do not return to Fortuna, but just farm incomming enemies. I got 44 toroids in ?30-40min? (88 with booster) with pug. I guess teammate had Drop chance booster but there were no Nekros etc. You need maxed Solaris united standings to access Profit taker heists.

Of course killing Heist4-Profit taker is also rewarding but it needs experienced/equipped group.

Because this method is so efficient I recommend you to forget toroids for now and farm Solaris united standings instead. I personally tried solo farming toroids or running caves. Very very slow toroid income..

Edited by (PS4)shanncz

10 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

In order to get the 9 toroids I need per day, I end up spending something like 2-3 hours,

Sounds like your not keeping the stars up high enough. Don't break the totems they put down. Higher stars will help and I like to farm inside so I don't get the longer to kill big enemies. The best thing you can do is just look for a toroid farming group. You just have to DPS and someone else can bring the frames you don't have. Also solo farming is going to hurt because more players in group mean more spawns.

Go with a group and kill the exploiter orb.  Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes - drops one toroid worth 12k rep.  You can donate that (who cares if you "waste" some -you are wasting far more time trying to get the worthless toroids.)  So in 15 minutes you can max your rep from now until you're MR 11.

If you need the other ones for donations or crafting:

• Bring or accompany a nekros or pilfering hydroid.
  • Bring a smeeta w/charm for chance at doubling drops.

but aside from donation (leveling up rank - not standing) and crafting, there is little point in getting the worthless ones.

9 часов назад, Vit0Corleone сказал:

You're saying that my problem is being low mr and having bad weapons/mods? That is true, but I don't see how should it affect in this case. Can you elaborate?

I can kill them just fine up to 15-20 minutes. I usually stop when they are reaching level 40. My problem is that they rarely drop toroids.

Toroid farming is VERY inefficient without 1 resource boosters - at the very least one of them but both for max efficiency 2 nekros 3 dps warframe - one is more than enough but yeah, Mesa is the best there hands down because she doesnt destroy beacons

9 hours ago, (PS4)shanncz said:

The fastest+easiest way to farm toroids is to find group for Heist 2 Profit taker. Do not return to Fortuna, but just farm incomming enemies.

I second this. I used to do what OP did, getting alert up and just keep killing the incoming mobs. Then I did profit taker heist 2 and decided to stick around for a while and quickly realized it gave me much more toroids in the same amount of time. I think the droprate is 1% and I can kill about 600-700 incoming enemies in half an hour this way (solo), usually end up with enough toroids to max my MR13 cap in half an hour assuming I have a booster. The dropships come in like clockwork and drop manageable groups of 4 enemies per ship. You will only get Calda toroids there of course but for ranking up they're all the same anyways. Just remember to pick up the data thingy from the heist again when you return to Fortuna, you still need to return that.

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

But the thing is, I can only do 9k rep per syndicate per day. At that pace it will take a while to max it if I wait, so the sooner I start, the better. That was my rationale, but off course I wasn't expecting such a poor drop rate.

Sure, the sooner you start the better but the reality is you are spending an awful lot of time (2-3 hours daily) towards a goal that isn't very important.  You have to ask yourself if that time could be better spent doing something else.  Like maybe increasing your mastery rank so that your daily standing cap was higher.  It's a whole lot easier to rank the syndicate when your cap is say 12k or 18k per day so that you can use 2 or 3 of the crisma toriods.  It would also take less time to get 3 crisma than it does now for 9 of the other three.  Delaying your vox solaris goal now will ultimately help you get it done faster later.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Sure, the sooner you start the better but the reality is you are spending an awful lot of time (2-3 hours daily) towards a goal that isn't very important.  You have to ask yourself if that time could be better spent doing something else.  Like maybe increasing your mastery rank so that your daily standing cap was higher.  It's a whole lot easier to rank the syndicate when your cap is say 12k or 18k per day so that you can use 2 or 3 of the crisma toriods.  It would also take less time to get 3 crisma than it does now for 9 of the other three.  Delaying your vox solaris goal now will ultimately help you get it done faster later.

Well, I just found out that in order to proceed to the next Vox Solaris rank, I need 15 x Gyromag Systems.

The Gyromag Systems are only available on the Heist bounties.

The Heist bounties are locked for me, as I don't have enough ranking with Solaris United.

So .. there you go, I guess I will be forced to wait anyways ;-)

Ermm. Because your regular toroids are a bad source of standing really. I would never waste non-boss toroids on standings, they are too annoying to farm. Use PT/Exploiter for the boss toroids, they are much easier to gain.

Speaking of Expliter though, there's a way. The small raknoids drop Vega toroids IIRC. And Exploiter spawns them in droves during the initial phase. Just drag out the Deck 12 phase forever and loot all the Vegas in the world. Bring a frame that can both live through the encounter and mass-murder the little spiders. Preferably also with loot augments. Khora worked nice for me when I tried. 20 minutes with a random Nekros and two tagalongs was enough to get a lifetime supply of Vegas.