Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For De How To Prevent Rage In The Forums

zzang

Yea we all saw it happend in the past and see it happen to this day

incredible rage in the forums sometimes justified in case of stamina and most of the time unjustified when calling for nerfs based on low level/beginner expirience.

to save the DE a lot of reading time and allowing them to get a better insight who is a expirienced player posting in the forum and who is just a beginner that didnt expirienced the whole game but decided to go the the forums and rage out for nerfd here is my suggestion:

Implement displayed RANK for tenno in the forums

and a lot of rage and problems will be solved by this and i think we can have more constructive discussions instead of political expressions (in sense of i dont like it so i want it nerfed) or blind rage/nerf threads.

Edit: basically nothing new every MMO i can think of have this implemented in their forums

Edited by zzang

Great idea in theory, but it cultivates discrimination.

Let the tone of our writing reflect what we know.

Yes. Really pretty much all of this. Opinions and feelings from new players aren't always that of the oblivious. New players coming from other games, etc. offer a fresh perspective and our biases as experienced players are unavoidable too.

People really need to state why they feel they want something changed, and think about it twice before they post.

Zzang you'll see some of us have thousands of forum posts yet you're less than 100. It shouldn't be that our opinions are more important than yours.

There are free players and/or founders that have not bought the higher tier packages. They choose to only keep 5 warframe slots, etc. They won't ever reach nor have the desire to go past Mastery Rank 7. This doesn't mean they don't know how to play the game well, and apart from the newer mastery tests, being higher ranks than a rank 7, etc. doesn't mean someone is necessarily a better player.

care to explain why or just some spam?

Only because you asked <3

First, lets talk about why we complain:

• Sometimes We Need To "Vent":

Like a shaken bottle of carbonated goodness, when we are under pressure, we can sometimes feel the urge to "explode" in complaints. Letting it all out can relieve the inner tension we feel from a difficult situation, and help us feel ready to face the next frustration. Sometimes we just need to blow off steam by expressing ourselves.

• Validation Feels Good:

Often when we are frustrated or feel wronged in some way, feeling emotional validation from another person is like a salve for our bruised egos. Hearing someone say, "I know how you feel. I'd be frustrated too!" can feel like a warm hug. After getting some quick validation, like scraped-up children who have just received a kiss from mom, we feel confident to venture back out and face our problems.

• Solutions Can Feel Even Better:

Approaching a problem as a team can pool the strengths of several people at once. Complaining to others about what is bothering you opens you up to their input, and perhaps some solutions you hadn't thought of. People often engage in complaining as a way to ask for help.

Now; Please tell me how badges that show how many guns we've gotten to level 30 would stop anyone from raging, and I'll respond.

Wait, so you mean to prevent rage we should split everyone into categories?

We should not have one category for rage, instead we should collect rage points and level out rage rank. So we can join higher rage forums.

You cannot prevent raging. It is the same as trying to prevent raging IRL. Not gonna happen.

The only way to prevent rage from being in your feedback is having a testing audience that can convey their critiques, thoughts and ideas in a calm, respectful manner. That's pretty much the antithesis of an internet forum but we get by, I guess.

You cannot prevent raging. It is the same as trying to prevent raging IRL. Not gonna happen.

ok true that maybe i should rename the title to how to identify unqualified rage or uneccessary.. something like that but in essence i think you know what i mean dont you?

Edit: the idea is simple and not new basically every MMO have this in their forums

Edited by zzang

Yeah don't discriminate or judge people by rage posts. But as funny thing
If a person posts an obvious rage post. Then the community mods or admins should put up a rage comic as a reply!

le me reading warframe forums :3
Sees rage post =.=
y u no constructive comment user? T_T

And there's another solution - actually listen to the community and our feedback.

Thank you

the problem is the feedback often is just threads with hate rage or nerfs these and that you know and to see what feedback have value and what feedback is just some forumspam you can atleast take a little judge to know what kind of player do we have here.

ok true that maybe i should rename the title to how to identify unqualified rage or uneccessary.. something like that but in essence i think you know what i mean dont you?

Edit: the idea is simple and not new basically every MMO have this in their forums

This might not prevent raging and QQ, but your idea is on to something.

It wouldnt be bad to have forums orientated on in game hours ( not perfect, but could work ). So forums can give feedback in the point of new/experienced players. This could solve alot of misunderstanding.

It wouldnt be bad to have forums orientated on in game hours ( not perfect, but could work ). So forums can give feedback in the point of new/experienced players. This could solve alot of misunderstanding.

exactly how i see it misunderstandings between a expirienced players and a beginner also often cause a debate which is just purely uneccessary

We already have this.  It's called The Design Council.  Costs $99.99USD to get in.

because donating 100 bucks makes a experienced player right?

Edited by zzang

The experiences of any players as a whole is needed, not only the ones that do know what they are talking about but beginners as well. It is very humane to feel the lack of sympathy towards anyone you don't know. There is of course some little but all in all, human nature just does not feel strongly about people that don't matter to them. What this means is that experienced player easily tends to ignore and forget the experiences of a lesser experienced player and in most cases, experienced players beginning moments are very different than the ones who have started now, since there have been quite a lot of changes done to this game during the whole time. I remember that when I joined Warframe 6.8 and compare it to now, this is a whole new game.

Sure, implementing rank will give better idea where others stand but it does not help anyone to progress. Not every experienced player knows the best and a beginner can know better than them, unlikely but possible. I don't know what the proper answer would be, I can't say anything about it but it certainly is not this one, that I can say. Nothing personal.

The experiences of any players as a whole is needed, not only the ones that do know what they are talking about but beginners as well. It is very humane to feel the lack of sympathy towards anyone you don't know. There is of course some little but all in all, human nature just does not feel strongly about people that don't matter to them. What this means is that experienced player easily tends to ignore and forget the experiences of a lesser experienced player and in most cases, experienced players beginning moments are very different than the ones who have started now, since there have been quite a lot of changes done to this game during the whole time. I remember that when I joined Warframe 6.8 and compare it to now, this is a whole new game.

Sure, implementing rank will give better idea where others stand but it does not help anyone to progress. Not every experienced player knows the best and a beginner can know better than them, unlikely but possible. I don't know what the proper answer would be, I can't say anything about it but it certainly is not this one, that I can say. Nothing personal.

its not wrong that we need feedback from new players but what im saying is that in recent time i see only players suggesting nerfs and high likely players from the lower end of the expirience bar its something different if a new player can give feedback about venus earth or mars but its an entire other story

if such i call it unexpirienced person try to suggest balancing suggestions inform of rage/nerf/hate threads based on their low level experience with the game.