Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to figure out what to do about complaint

(XBOX)Sillyshishi

Question

So, I'm trying to figure out the best course of action here.

About a week ago, my wife's sister bought a 3-day credit booster for my wife. Her fiance was watching her gift it and confirms that it was sent to the right person.

After 48 hours of the gift not arriving, a ticket was put in. The response that she got requested information that was in the initial ticket (user name of gift recipient.) After complying with the request, she was told that there was no record of the transaction and the only thing showing for the day of the ticket submission (she had been clear that this had occurred 48 hours prior in her ticket) was the resource booster that she gifted me. When she asked where her plat was, then, she received a condescending response with a "one-time favor" list of her plat transactions after the Prime Access purchase and was told that the ticket was closed. The biggest issue with this is that we sat down and added up the numbers on transactions with her plat remaining on these records. Lo and behold, 40 plat is just missing.

My interpretation of this is a customer service rep that didn't even bother to read the ticket or her own information. The very numbers she gave as "proof" that my sister-in-law was basically lying to her validated my sister!

The three of us have played Warframe together for years and have really enjoyed the game. However, my wife and her sister are (rightly, I think) quite upset at the fact that the situation not only didn't get resolved, but the CSR left a very strong implication that my sister was a liar. They honestly feel like DE is just stealing money whenever they can get away with it. I would like to find a way to resolve the situation so that we can continue to enjoy the game.

How does one submit a complaint to DE? I cannot find a way to do so.

0 answers to this question

Eh it happens sometimes. Not all the Support Staff are that legit, it really depends on your luck.

You can try reporting it again.

Possibly the system glitched out after the plat was spent but before the gift itself was sent, so the plat was taken but there wasn't a record. No idea how gifting actually works though. Trying again is your best bet, but occasionally the devs will respond to ping mentions on twitter. Not WFCD.

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose

Another question: On reddit, the response she got was that it was her own fault for not providing transaction details, but nobody gave her any info on how to get those. Are we supposed to take a screenshot every time we spend plat?

RWBY: That is our belief as to what happened as our internet had several hiccups that night. She did make some sort of post pinging (at)warframe (I think) asking how to file a complaint this morning after she got the last email. Also, what is WFCD?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Sillyshishi said:

Another question: On reddit, the response she got was that it was her own fault for not providing transaction details, but nobody gave her any info on how to get those. Are we supposed to take a screenshot every time we spend plat?

RWBY: That is our belief as to what happened as our internet had several hiccups that night. She did make some sort of post pinging (at)warframe (I think) asking how to file a complaint this morning after she got the last email. Also, what is WFCD?

The community discord, not the official one that we can't do anything on. I asked there on your behalf already and the response was "make another ticket." As for transaction details, that's honestly the safest bet, I don't know enough about that sort of stuff but people have gotten banned because of negative plat values caused by people buying plat, then buying expensive stuff from trade chat, and then refunding the plat purchase, and in cases like that a screenshot of the chat is the one source of proof that you weren't the offender. Also you can mention me: @RWBY-WhiteRose

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose

That's always better to provide accurate information. "Happened like 48hours earlier" is not accurate at all (even more if you're not in the same time zone as the Customer Support).

Plus, being polite is always helpful when dealing with tickets. You're dealing with people, if you're talking to them condescendently (does that exist ? 😄 ), they won't be willing to look for the information you're not giving them. And if they can't find it, they'll do a favor and refund, but only if you treated them with respect and not jumped on the high horse after 2 exchanges. Because if this :platinum:  transaction doesn't appear anywhere on logs for whatever reason, they only have your parole.

Edited by Chewarette

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Sillyshishi:

They honestly feel like DE is just stealing money whenever they can get away with it.

I work in IT service as well and quite frankly, I whouldn't take people like you seriously.

The tone makes the music.

With the kind of attitude you are showing here, I'd shoot your ticket down as fast as I could as well.

2 hours ago, AirMaskNinja said:

Check the Warframe Logs for a proof of the transaction

Not an option on console. Although annoyingly I have had support say "provide the logs" as follow up - until I ask them how exactly am I supposed to get them on console. I am assuming the OP's relatives are also on XB as he is.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

I work in IT service as well and quite frankly, I whouldn't take people like you seriously.

With the kind of attitude you are showing here, I'd shoot your ticket down as fast as I could as well.

You got that from the original ticket submitted?  You must work as one of those fortune teller IT service where you can read peoples future thoughts about you.  His opinion was formed AFTER they said no.  IF the plat was in the account, and now its not, and if the recipient didn't have the booster, they (support) should be able to see that and fix it.  In fact, support themselves provided the evidence the 40 plat was missing.  And you still say the customer is wrong.

With the kind of attitude you are showing here, I'd feel like you provide uncaring garbage support as well.

I've had issues with DE Support before I left the game also, them just closing tickets and not doing anything.

My specific issue, I got chatbanned by a glitch, *Support told me this*, and told me to take it up with Technical, which I did, linking this ticket in the second one.
Technical closed the second ticket immediately.

I made a third ticket, and just got told "Sorry, looks like you'll have to wait it out."
No apologies for closing the second ticket, no action, just 'Ah well, don't care.'

That was one of many reasons I've quit the game.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Tucker D Dawg:

not even bother to read the problem.  I'm not even the OP.

*sigh* OK; yeah, I didn't bother to check the name of the person, who barged into the conversation I had with somebody else.

The white horse and armor should have tipped me off. My bad!

Just submit another ticket. Keep submitting tickets (not at same time wait for one to close).

For another game, I submitted a ticket and they wouldn't give me a response they just C/P and closed it. I eventually got to the Lead Game Master of the Support team to give me a real answer.

Yeah, I've run into a couple CSR's that aren't so good with math.  (And coming from me, who really isn't good with math, you know somethings up)

I would gather all your proof and open another ticket, maybe even prod DE via Twitter, since they seem more responsive to interaction there.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Sillyshishi:

Would you mind explaining what about my "attitude" is setting you off, or are you just here for the trolling?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Walkampf:

I can't quote quotes in quotes, all I want to say is, I already answered your question.