Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade usability issues

supernils

I could complain about the core functionality of "stealth when near enemy" but that's not even what I wanna do here.

It's the little things.

- the undocumented 2 second delay before activation. I am near an enemy, in sight, but the cloak won't activate right away. Very annoying!

- the undocumented internal cooldown of what seems to be about 10 seconds. Can't reactivate that cloak until you wait it out! Even more annoying

- the lackluster interaction with abilities like Lokis stealth. Entering proximity of an enemy while stealthed will NOT give me Shade's cloak when the ability runs out. Not even after the 2 seconds, worse, it seems to trigger the 10 seconds cooldown! Desirable would be a seamless change from ability stealth to Shade cloak.

edit: I forgot - jumping decloaks

edit2: LoS breaks cloak

I understand stealth is strong in this game. But the Shade's cloak breaks upon weapon use. It's not nearly as bad as warframe stealth. Sentinels should provide "nice to have" utility. It's not about making Shade "strong". But Shade is just so unrealiable that it's of no use.

My proposition is: remove those two cooldowns completely and make for proper warframe stealth interaction so that Shade can be the weapon of choice for one or two warframes at least.

Edited by supernils

Totally agree, cooldowns are the problem, shade should not have a cooldown on invisiblity since it activates only when you are in proximity of an enemy and it stops when you go too far or attack.
Also I understand why there is 2 seconds before it activates, lower it to 0.5 or 1 sec would be ok. But if there is no longer a timer on invisibility casting you will be perma invisible if cooldown is set to 0 for this an maybe be unfair for stealth frames. Shade should make you disepear when enemies just saw you, with that change we should be able to : see an enemy -> desepear -> hit -> disepear again before you can get hit. With Shade's augment that give a bonus damage buff that would be great !

12 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Also I understand why there is 2 seconds before it activates, lower it to 0.5 or 1 sec would be ok

No, that should be zero. I want it to work when I enter the 10m, period. But I understand your point. It should not be possible to recloak immediately after shooting an enemy. But that would be the other cooldown - lower the 10 seconds to 1. Or: lower it to 2 if you're spotted, and to 0 if not spotted.

• Like 1

Never bring Prisma/Shade out for anything serious like Spy or Rescue ops, only bust it out for the memes. The little ****er will backstab you in any way it can. It’s Ghost precept only cloaks you when he wants to, not out of the necessity to do so. It may as well be considered that it procs via LoS because if an enemy goes behind a stack of boxes he’ll ****ing disable cloak and get your presence known.

The Sentinel is useless.

The more I hear Brozime say that Prisma Shade is a “good sentinel” I’d like to take a Pyrana Prime to it and its base variant out in the backyard for a mercy consignment to Lotus.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-16 at 10:29 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Never bring Prisma/Shade out for anything serious like Spy or Rescue ops, only bust it out for the memes. The little ****er will backstab you in any way it can. It’s Ghost precept only cloaks you when he wants to, not out of the necessity to do so. It may as well be considered that it procs via LoS because if an enemy goes behind a stack of boxes he’ll ****ing disable cloak and get your presence known.

The Sentinel is useless.

The more I hear Brozime say that Prisma Shade is a “good sentinel” I’d like to take a Pyrana Prime to it and its base variant out in the backyard for a mercy consignment to Lotus.

I can feel the tension in this post here.

I wonder how many times has shade back stabbed you. You know what don't answer from your post it seems it does it at clutch moments when you need it the most.