Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heliocor not yieldng kavat genetic codes - PLEASE FIX!!!

(PSN)Lancleaver

Ok unless i'm missing something here i just last night played the Sands of Inaros quest with the main purpose of harvesting kavat genetic codes. i used simaris standing to purchase the heliocor, went through the grind of max ranking it and had a resource boosted enable in order for me to maximize the harvest and...NADA!! I killed every kavat that spawned using the the Heliocor and when the mission ended i did no receive a single genetic code, NOT 1!!! And upon each kill the kavat lit green indication that it had been scanned upon kill.

I searched the web and came up on a couple of forums where players complained they had experienced the same problem. PLEASE FIX THE HELIOCOR SCAN MECHANISM AS THE WEAPON IS USELESS WITHOUT IT. I wasted a good chunk of my life doing a mission trying to get a reward and to get bubkas.

I understand there's only a 25% chance of acquiring a code from a kavat scan, but to kill near 50 with a heliocor with a resource booster enabled and to not get a return with a single code. That is just plain annoying and infuriating. And you can't even replay the quest where i can go back and just scan em the old fashioned way. A major resource well totally wasted.😡

😡👿👿😡

• 4 years later...

The informations about how Heliocor scan works is very inconsistent and/or unclear.
My experience of 3~4 days dedicating to kavat code farm also rendered Heliocor giving 0 kavat genetic codes while I got 21 genetic codes total from normal scans.

My guess:
A) It works as Helios (drone companion) which you no longer get effective scans from 'acquired codex' targets, even though it can still be 'scanned' unlike Helios;
or,
B) Same target cannot be scanned again, thus Heliocor kills on an already scanned target resulting in nothing.
This is not certain, because while some of the kills indeed had prior scans, some were non-scanned kills, yet still 0 from Heliocor. (perhaps simply a terrible luck, 0 in 3~4 days)

* Note: I'm only equipped with Synthesis Scanner from Simaris (upgrade includes infinite charges, but no double-scan), applies to Heliocor (if I'm correct) and my manual scans.

Forget about Heliocor. Just run Terrorem (Deimos) method and do manual scans... That's how I did. less frustrating.

Edited by StrayCatTerry
clarification