Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let our Sentinels roam, give them some personality?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Il y a 3 heures, Birdframe_Prime a dit :

Not half finished, ended. The Devs moved away from the Solar Rail conflicts because they basically became the property of the big clans and alliances, with some alliances literally strip-mining the places they captured just because they could, knowing that even though they were claiming 90% of the resources you might farm on a Dark Sector, players would still go there just for the Affinity boosts and some of them even for the challenge.

The Solar Rail conflicts, was probably the most fun thing we have ever had in Warframe, and the only thing that could be described as a true "end of the game". DE designed it wrong and allowed what you rightly say to happen. But is DE obliged or resigned to remove this feature? Of course not. The players are not the owners of the programming code! DE can rework and learn from your experience to bring a new version of the dark sectors. I am convinced that I can speak on behalf of many veteran players.

Edit: The problem is not the players. It is DE's responsibility how players will use different options and resources. But we all know the internal problems that DE has in leadership, among its executive ranks, where the contents are abandoned for years.

Edited by Awazx

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

The Solar Rail conflicts, was probably the most fun thing we have ever had in Warframe, and the only thing that could be described as a true "end of the game". YOU designed it wrong and allowed what you rightly say to happen. But is DE obliged or resigned to remove this feature? Of course not. The players are not the owners of the programming code! DE can rework and learn from your experience to bring a new version of the dark sectors. I am convinced that I can speak on behalf of many veteran players.

To be honest, both of you have a point about Solar Rails. Almost every Vet I've spoken to loved them, but all of them admit that they were flawed that they allowed Clan's to capture so many points. Solar Rail needed a couple of balance patches and a fix to stop clans from dominating the routes, but they ccertainly didnt need to be deleted.

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Not half finished, ended. The Devs moved away from the Solar Rail conflicts because they basically became the property of the big clans and alliances, with some alliances literally strip-mining the places they captured just because they could, knowing that even though they were claiming 90% of the resources you might farm on a Dark Sector, players would still go there just for the Affinity boosts and some of them even for the challenge.

At the very least it was never a fully realized concept based on how they made it sound. (never get hyped)

I know a lot of things I said are Soon™ but they've been so for years in purgatory and many such things that have happened like Archwing were never finished when released so again with the Developing uphill concept they have to go back and re-introduce it because it never had a proper foundation in the game.

Spoiler

That one fell through when they made literal advanced 'gift of the Lotus' weekend events using that system and the results were a horrible unbalanced mess with a Defense that spawned nothing but Nullifiers and Sapper Ospreys...

I musta been on break for that. That woulda been funny. So troll and yet a hidden point made behind enemy design concepts.

What needs reworking on those? I use them to hilarious effect when I remember them, but otherwise they're just fine.

It was mentioned years ago. I recall Reb saying they wanted to add a scaling to those mods. It was around the time they added augments for Jat and Sobek.

Woah-woah-woah... there was never a Damage 3.0 announced... how could it be abandoned? If you're talking about Khora's release, that was IPS Status only, where they tried to increase the effectiveness of Impact and Puncture's Status types, and then stealth nerf Slash's Bleed proc by making it only scale off the the Slash damage on your weapon.

There was in Devstream 101. It involved Elemental status effects as well. They abandoned the concept which we'd already seen coded examples of in exchange for "Enemies 2.0" they drooped it because their examples were awful, got very negative feedback and frankly made me wonder if Damage 2.0's complexity was a flawed yet unintended perk. Remember the Eximus weak points idea? Still though, Enemies 2.0 isn't any better with their Immunity craze.

Name a Warframe that hasn't had weeks or sometimes even months of updates and hotfixes after its release in the last three years. Far from 'not polishing', frames are literally crowd-tested in their over-powered or under-powered release state and then tuned based on what the community does with them thereafter. They stomp on the worst bugs and sometimes even change up the entire thing again (Oberon, Saryn and so on). Plus they come back to some frames at a whim, like Volt with his 2, or his 4, or even his 3 that one time.

Heh, is this agreeing or disagreeing? Though it's more that obvious flaws are not addressed in the frame's design. Garuda as an example I made recently where her shield does not block most radial damage which spun off into a post where many shielding and terrain cover objects do not stop radial damage (a global flaw in the game that's gone on for years). Her 1st and 2nd ability targeting is still clunky and most players would like to move her shield up and down. DE just gave her an augment and personally I don't think augments should come until a frame is polished as they essentially eliminate tweaks they might have made to the base abilities.

Jovian brings up an interesting point of how DE has become very single minded. PoE rework. Done. Alerts Rework, Done? Jovian coming, Done. I admit for better or worse in 2019 they've been pushing out what they say they're doing. That stuff from 2016 or so may never see the light of day but at least they have the short path moving leaving behind a wake of clouded confusion, inconsistencies and contradictions.

We agree it's a good idea though. I just haven't played much in 2 months for lack of anything to do and I'm being very critical of DE's development allocations.

Both past and present.

It might be unfair or perfectly justified. I just say it like I see it and after recently doing a playthrough of Divinity OS2 I'm reminded there's elegance in simplicity and in the end all we really need is a good game, a narrative and engaging characters. Adding personality to Sentinels is right on point. Simple yet flavorful and fun.

7 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

can we stop with the derrailment of the post? we were talking about the sentinels roamming

Fairly sure you were going to quote either me or Xzorn, and to that I say... nope!

This entire thread is now only arguments about unfinished projects!

Just so you know, though... That's because we've already agreed on the thread's topic and have gone back to bickering about things that aren't a universal 'yes' from everyone ^^ I've even made sure to tweet DEDrew about it (he's the guy that's secretly given us a Cleaning Robot for our Orbiter, after all the fun of Rebecca being unable to kill one in the previews), if we can have a Corpus Roomba, we can have Sentinels roaming!!

46 minutes ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

But our moas would be less special 

I don't see why moas can't roma too. 

That said I think companions, and robotic companions should have special interactions as well. 

In time Im sure. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

3 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I did. Any ideas? 

It keep following your kubrow/kavat, or looking to the fish you have on your aquarium, also, if you have the non-matured ones, it would carry it around like when we capture an animal. Not sure if it would be good if it could do it with the matured ones.

Edited by LupoDWolf

• 2 years later...
On 2019-05-16 at 9:11 AM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Let the Sentinels we own roam.

Some examples could include: 

Hellios- floats around scanning random things

Carrier- Roomba cosplay 

Wyrm- lounging on random things

Dirgia- teasing your kubrow/kavat

Taxon- fidget spinning 

Deth cube- making random pew pew sounds

Djinn- hanging out in the nidus room, lounging in the hemilith chair randomly. 

Shade- acts shy, hides in random places around our Orbiter/Liset, plays peek a boo.

Would make our Orbiters/ Liset feel more alive. 

Thank you. 

On 2019-05-16 at 11:45 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

Helios: Soo curious, he just observes things and scans around.

Carrier: If not found in the biggest pile of decoration on your ship it moves around small size decorations on the ship to his randomly choosen lair.

Wyrm: Runs combat simulations with the othet half of Ordis. Randomly shots at decorations.

Diriga: Floats around aimlessly, uses laser pointer to mess with your other pets.

Taxon: She follows another sentinel, it seems like she want to learn from them.

Deth cube: You dont know where he is but the orbiter radio pick up distress calls from flagships about a floating machine massacring their crew.

Djinn: Hes either chilling with Helmith or hes swimming in the fish tanks. You dont know how he got into them.

Shade: Shes perma cloaked and you only spot her if you look directly at her or when you notice that Taxon follows the air half-cloaked.

Still think this would be so nice! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Still think this would be so nice! 

That would be great.

I'd almost wonder if it could be similar to the Emotion modules for MOAs, except in this case you'd have more unique personalities like what you've suggested!

• Of course along with any animations, I think that they should be able to "crouch down" with you as well when you want to avoid getting spotted in a mission somewhere. All the sounds they could make could still be silent enough to not alert enemies though. There's a lot of variety they could have with Sentinel customization if it were implemented.

I can't think of much better than those personalities; I'd love to see it happen, perhaps as part of Pets 2.0 :)