Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #247: Tonight at 7pm ET!

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

See you here tonight, May 16th at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Why are you Devs doeing this thing midnights you guys know that we need to work and get up early 

When are those Prime Time And Devs Streams not the same Time 

As an Europian this is getting frustrated

Devs Streams have an good time 

Pls consider this for allot of people that this needs to change in the future

For now ill be seeing it tonight but i can't be there always . and i so wanna be up - to date getting rewards for watching it 

realy difficult to obtain if you need to get up early and can't see it live

DE, we appreciate your work this far, but we are nearing a frame-glut. A wide ocean an inch deep. We need more storyline and backstory.

We also need dark mode for the splash screen and UI, and text that is more visible in the foundry and other small descriptions. The current UI, sash screen, and many scenes in-game not only blinds us at night, but is then impossible to read if the TV is dim for nighttime.

20 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Why are you Devs doeing this thing midnights you guys know that we need to work and get up early 

When are those Prime Time And Devs Streams not the same Time 

As an Europian this is getting frustrated

Devs Streams have an good time 

Pls consider this for allot of people that this needs to change in the future

For now ill be seeing it tonight but i can't be there always . and i so wanna be up - to date getting rewards for watching it 

realy difficult to obtain if you need to get up early and can't see it live

Imagine people in other timezones as well. Heck, I'm 12 hours ahead of DE. Devstreams are something I constantly miss, including the drops. Even if they make it work for you, it won't work for everyone, let alone them. 

is there any chance we can talk about how the Warframe Community Discord is highly toxic and very disorganized
as well as the fact that the moderators and staff don't do anything to keep people from doing stupid stuff and people are just looking to give each other band because they hate each other not like that when you report someone for the proper reason you have a chance of getting banged yourself because a person is a liar

2 hours ago, Ricardo58 said:

Either you get it today or next week only...

DE_Steve said before he would never do Friday Updates again.

Are you for real?  I really can't tell if this is a troll, or taking DE as completely honest and factual.

It takes no more than a few minutes to disprove this statement.  Might I suggest DE's own record keeping:

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-update-history

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bc3Mn86n1ArcP2d8yWQdR6HG1ITPx7nuFVUi8dN0v2o/edit#gid=1463251372

Latest Friday update was 3/15/19.  This followed Buried Debts coming out on Thursday evening, as a buggy broken mess that barely met Alpha qualifications in this OPEN BETA game.  The promise of "no updates on Friday" is a technicality that nobody who understands the history would repeat without a huge grain of salt.  

Soon(tm) is a meme because DE has a long history of releasing late, buggy, and broken content.  Their "open beta" for the last 6 years is pretty much admitting this.  I'm putting my money on the livestream, assuming the mode is 80% complete.  The update will then drop, as a surprise to meet the "coming next week" promise they made.  We'll have until Friday mid-day to have a buggy mess, and there'll be a 24.6.1 and 24.6.1.1 update before the end of the work day Friday.  The weekend will be a grind through the last of Nightwave season 1, Baro, and the new content, until Tuesday of next week when a proper 24.6.2 launches.

I'm less interested in further demonstration of the game mode, and more interested in the new content.  If we've got more low % drop chance BPs, then it'll be a demonstration that DE is incapable of understanding people will only tolerate so much grind before they drop the game.  If they can be earned, and aren't behind a grind wall (see: Profit-Taker), then we're back to a good place (while awaiting Railjack, which almost a year later is still vapor).

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, after Nightwave has proven to be less than an improvement over alerts and content has been very sparse and grind heavy (read: Thermia fractures).  Otherwise, it might be time to let Warframe rest for another 6-18 months.  That would offer 4-12 frames and some real content to build, and at this rate all that would be missed is gimick weapons (read: Wolfsledge) and event weapons which will eventually be a Baro inclusion.  

I'm glad they're planning to show off the new node mode for this. They already said they had changed it according to the feedback they got just from the bits we saw during the one stream. Like I saw a bunch of people go "oh it's just mobile defense 2" before so I'm interested to see what ways they've tried to alter it to keep the challenge while still feeling unique.

17 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

Are you for real?  I really can't tell if this is a troll, or taking DE as completely honest and factual.

It takes no more than a few minutes to disprove this statement.  Might I suggest DE's own record keeping:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bc3Mn86n1ArcP2d8yWQdR6HG1ITPx7nuFVUi8dN0v2o/edit#gid=1463251372

Latest Friday update was 3/15/19.  This followed Buried Debts coming out on Thursday evening, as a buggy broken mess that barely met Alpha qualifications in this OPEN BETA game.  The promise of "no updates on Friday" is a technicality that nobody who understands the history would repeat without a huge grain of salt.

Actually this is literally proof of why they don't do friday releases. So that they have a weekday after in which to do updates for fixes.

1 hour ago, masterofdetiny said:

Soon(tm) is a meme because DE has a long history of releasing late, buggy, and broken content.  Their "open beta" for the last 6 years is pretty much admitting this.  I'm putting my money on the livestream, assuming the mode is 80% complete.  The update will then drop, as a surprise to meet the "coming next week" promise they made.  We'll have until Friday mid-day to have a buggy mess, and there'll be a 24.6.1 and 24.6.1.1 update before the end of the work day Friday.  The weekend will be a grind through the last of Nightwave season 1, Baro, and the new content, until Tuesday of next week when a proper 24.6.2 launches.

I'm less interested in further demonstration of the game mode, and more interested in the new content.  If we've got more low % drop chance BPs, then it'll be a demonstration that DE is incapable of understanding people will only tolerate so much grind before they drop the game.  If they can be earned, and aren't behind a grind wall (see: Profit-Taker), then we're back to a good place (while awaiting Railjack, which almost a year later is still vapor).

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, after Nightwave has proven to be less than an improvement over alerts and content has been very sparse and grind heavy (read: Thermia fractures).  Otherwise, it might be time to let Warframe rest for another 6-18 months.  That would offer 4-12 frames and some real content to build, and at this rate all that would be missed is gimick weapons (read: Wolfsledge) and event weapons which will eventually be a Baro inclusion.  

I guess the troll is you, DE just confirmed that update is coming next week... And I mean big Updates, like this one which will probably be a few GBs heavy.

58 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Actually this is literally proof of why they don't do friday releases. So that they have a weekday after in which to do updates for fixes.

Yeah, that guy is the ignorant one.

53 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

You miss the point.

If I release an update at 80% on a Thursday, so that I have a day to patch, I didn't really release something complete until Friday.  I released a buggy test on Thursday, and used the following day to patch it into a viable enough state.  Calling it "never updating on a Friday" is less than honest, especially when you consider this game has been in development and beta for longer than any other MMO.  Specifically, WoW took 4-5 years of development.  Unreal Tournament 2003 (the base for 2004, which I'm citing as a shooter that DE worked on) was a couple of years as far as I can tell.  Both games could have been developed from scratch, with extra time, in the time DE has taken thus far.

This all misses a fundamental point.  In their usual fashion DE has not provided a critical update, because apparently social media is more viable than their own forums.  The update has been delayed...and the punchline is that it's coming soon(tm).  I give them respect for finally eating the delay properly, but they lose most of it back because it doesn't appear clearly in the forums (despite the promise of "next week" still being present.

One step forward and two back, right?

23 minutes ago, Ricardo58 said:

I guess the troll is you, DE just confirmed that update is coming next week... And I mean big Updates, like this one which will probably be a few GBs heavy.

Yeah, that guy is the ignorant one.

Trolling.  Yeah.

DE lacks the ability to communicate in their forums, and requires dogmatic following of their social media accounts.  The same accounts where a rendition of facts has blown up into a war and harsh accusations.  I'm the troll for not slavishly paying attention, when they can't even keep their forums up to date with critical information.

Let's test the theory.  I'll state here that in a week I'll give out $1000 to the first message received in my social media next Thursday.  I will set my e-mail to respond to all contestants that leave a reply.  In my e-mail tag line I'm going to update that the contest is put off indefinitely, and I'll never update the post here.  Whenever you reply to the social media, it must be your fault for not paying attention to the e-mail.

Do you not see how slavish devotion to a company is not fun...and them not having a single place for all communication is detrimental?  Of course, I could be wrong.  Maybe you should try the same stuff DE pulls with billing and a driver's license.  Maybe then the incoherence of messaging will be clear, and DE's inability to be professionals in providing information will be clear.  None of this is ground breaking.  If you want an example go to any professional company, and look at their employee communication boards.  Those that have a single point for all viable communication have informed employees, and those who communicate poorly have frustrated employees ready to leave the job.  We are DE's employees, as this is a free game.  The payers get to skip the grind, and get fun.  The people playing for free grind to feed payers.  If you don't get that, then I'd suggest free to play isn't the model for you. 

More importantly, I'd suggest DE starts treating this like a two way street.  Look at their website, and tell me where this update is.  Critical development gets pushed, and to find it you have to find the developers on twitter, scroll through their posts, looks for notations, and extrapolate information.  Meanwhile, the website proudly lists what you can buy from the vault, and the design challenge (players create things DE will profit from, and be paid in slightly more than "exposure").

-Edit-

Oh look, now the twitter feed has updated.  There's a separate post, leading to another forum, where the update being delayed is a footnote buried in the list of changes.  I will take back the fact that they did not communicate this.  I am in error.  They communicated this as a footnote, while confirming that they'll be just shy of a week late at best.  The at worst is impossible to measure, as there's literally no status other than "polishing Friday, but we have Monday off."  Again, I'd respect DE more if they didn't make an open promise a week in advance, wait until the last minutes to not deliver, and then give us the "Soon" answer.  Just don't make the promise.  Practice the words with me "We're targeting a release for the later half of next week.  That being said, the update is ambitious and may require some extra time.  We'll update you in the middle of the week with a status.  This may not satisfy those hungry for content, but we believe that delivering the update with the required level of polish will be worth it."

The key here would then be delivering.  If Archwing took another week, and my first mission didn't result in literally running in space, I'd have been more forgiving.  Likewise with spawning outside level boundaries, Bursas being cheap tanks at the time of launch, and PoE being as unstable as a Jenga tower during an earthquake.  DE simply hasn't learned about transparency, and that hurts.  Their enthusiasm is appreciated, but wasted when it isn't consistent and communicated.

I got this error while linking Warframe with my twitch account. I already had it linked but got an error and decided to unlink 😓

This is the exact error:

Forbidden - CSRF token invalid

^Fixed, using Chrome, guess I blocked sth w Firefox.

Linked with Mixer, so I can get todays drop there?

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

886e07a4d2fa9d1d799a241af2a4714e.jpg

Rebecca and Megan have a tentative plan to playthrough the soon-to-be-released  Disruption gamemode on the Dev build tonight! We’ll update this thread if the Jovian Concord does however requires their attention, and postpone Prime Time until the following week. 

PLUS, don’t miss the Ducat Twitch Drop, newest Warframe Community Fan Art, and see the winners of the Spring Dojo Remaster Contest!

See you here tonight, May 16th at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Please ensure your correct Twitch account and Warframe account are linked to receive Twitch Drops: https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link

*Don’t forget to get your Dojo in shape ... you never know when we could come knocking! 

Nintendo Switch Tenno: By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Will mixer get the drop as well or just twitch?

Archived