Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino prime buff

(XBOX)HERODI0N

3 minutes ago, (XB1)HERODI0N said:

Why don't you like my idea?

Cause rhino prime already has buff to armor 275 compared to the 190 of the base variant. His tanking is dependent on his iron skin which if you want to increase just add power strength and has window to turn incoming damage into more iron skin, he's fine where he is.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)HERODI0N said:

Out are right.

Putting that confusing statement aside.

More Base Armor for Rhino would hardly do anything for him. 25 extra armor is maybe a 2% buff to his overall EHP and Iron Skin would barely receive a 1% buff.

So, yeah, pretty pointless.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

1 minute ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Putting that confusing statement aside.

More Base Armor for Rhino would hardly do anything for him. 50 extra armor is maybe a 4% buff to his overall EHP and Iron Skin would barely receive a 2% buff.

So, yeah, pretty pointless.

Plus theres more things to increase power strength than armor in the game

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)HERODI0N a dit :

I know but when all mods are based on percentage and all abilities are based in multiplayer 25 armor will help

25 armor point will increase your hp potency 4 percent.

2/ ( (275/300 + 1)         or ((300/300) + 1) / ((275/300) + 1) = 1.043

(300/ (300+300))  / ( 275/ (275+300))  = 1.043

300 * (1+1.1) = 630      275* (1+1.1) = 577.5

(630/ (630+300)) / (577.5/ ( 577.5+300)) = 1.029

You can see the difference decrease when the armor is increased.

The number might be odd but this is nothing to get upset about.

Also iron skin will get a boost of 9%.   300/275= 1.0909

but from 190 armor point to 275 the increase is drastic. an increase of 44%

Say we have 300 armor. 300/190 = 1.57   This is an increase of 57% wich is something.

There is a major missunderstanding about armor increase difference.

300 armor = 50% damage reduction

600 armor = 66.7% damage reduction

900 armor = 75% damage reduction

1200 armor = 80% damage reduction

1500 armor = 83% damage reduction

1800 armor = 85.7% damage reduction

275 armor = 47.8% damage reduction

190 armor = 38.75% damage reduction

Rinho use his base armor to calculate his iron skin. So rinho prime has an iron skin that is 44% stronger than the regular version making him one of the most buffed from regular to prime. He basically has a passive boost to iron skin.

Edited by angias
rinho base armor is 190 not 165
  • Like 1

as Rhino main, i'll never say no to extra Armour, but i wouldn't say he needs it when a half decent build gets you enough Iron Skin health for the starchart anyway, and there's other stuff that needs addressing, mainly his terrible Passive (and perhaps Heavy Impact itself).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

as Rhino main, i'll never say no to extra Armour,

Indeed!

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's other stuff that needs addressing, mainly his terrible Passive (and perhaps Heavy Impact itself).

Definitely agreed. Heavy Impact is, arguably, too situational to be really useful. In addition, the AoE is fairly meager and based solely off of impact speed, when it should also take into account height from ground as well. It's nice that equipping Heavy Impact on Rhino buffs his passive, but that's not saying much when the ability is rather restricted to begin with. Perhaps Heavy Impact should also take into account the amount of Armor the Warframe has as well.

With regard to the rest of Rhino's kit, I'd like to see Roar generate aggro within a sizable radius. Seriously, it should...because common sense and logic. Roaring loudly does and should command attention.

I'd also like to see Charge allow Rhino to regain lost health from enemies that are gored by his charge attack. If at full health, perhaps even allow gored enemies to overcharge his health for a limited amount of time with an upper limit as to how much health Rhino can have overharged (similar to how rubble buffs Atlas' armor).

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

I'd also like to see Charge allow Rhino to regain lost health from enemies that are gored by his charge attack. If at full health, perhaps even allow gored enemies to overcharge his health for a limited amount of time with an upper limit as to how much health Rhino can have overharged (similar to how rubble buffs Atlas' armor).

I don’t know about overcharge, but regaining health would be nice. That’s actually how I thought his iron skin buffing augments worked at first. I was a little confused after I bought them.

hace 11 horas, swiftasacoursing dijo:

counter argument: rhino prime should have 265 armor to line up with the usual 75 armor buff on primes. buffing 190 to 300 is a 110 armor boost, an unprecedented number.

u are right my friend we need to nerf rhino !

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Oh can I guess?

Reveal hidden contents

i-S9hNr6L.gif

At least I'm not calling for buffs to crutch prime. No thought behind why this should happen, what issues does it address with his design, how will that change him and where will that put him in comparison to the other frames... It feels written by someone who manages to fail with Rhino on the regular.

Edited by Ver1dian

On 2019-05-17 at 6:34 AM, Ver1dian said:

At least I'm not calling for buffs to crutch prime. No thought behind why this should happen, what issues does it address with his design, how will that change him and where will that put him in comparison to the other frames... It feels written by someone who manages to fail with Rhino on the regular.

Crutch Prime is still Mesa

Rhino don't need more armor. He's invulnerable enough as it is.

If DE decides to do changes to Rhino then it will most definitely be a nerf. So I'd be careful with starting discussions about his stats on official channels 😄 

Rhino powerful enough and doesn't need a buff.

However, I agree that thematically it doesn't make sense. The highest armor in the game is in Valkyr who is a skinless dissected frame. Rhino is listed as the heaviest frame available, yet his armor score is middle of the road. It is completely opposite.

300 Armor wouldn't make any difference.

I'm neither for or against the idea. I'm just saying it literally doesn't matter.

Giving him 300 base armor over 275 is a 2.6% increase in his Iron Skin value. Which is nothing.

Here's the math if you want.

Spoiler

266% Power Strength Iron Clad 4 Enemies hit at 133% per + Health Conversion + Steel Fiber
1200 + ( 2.5 * [(Health Conversion) + Base Armor * ( Armor Mods)] * (Power Strength) * Iron Clad

1200 + ( 2.5 * [(450 * 3) + 275 * (1 + 1.1)] * ( 1 + 2.66) * 5.32 =
1200 + ( 2.5 * [1350 + 577.5] * ( 3.66) * 5.32 =
1200 + ( 17,636.625 ) * 5.32 = 95,026.8

1200 + ( 2.5 * [(450 * 3) + 300 * (1 + 1.1)] * ( 1 + 2.66) * 5.32 =
1200 + ( 2.5 * [1350 + 630] * ( 3.66) * 5.32 =
1200 + ( 18,117 ) * 5.32 = 97,582.4

(97,582 - 95,027) / 97,582 = 0.26 = 2.6% increase.

Please leave the OG frames alone. That's not directed to OP but any newer players reading because I see a of this lately.

Seriously, every time DE touches them something horrible happens. Saryn is now obscene and Nyx / Ember are trash heaps.

The only buff needed is to implement Iron charge and iron Shrapnel inside his passive because you rely only on iron skin to survive to use both. After 90 minutes of arbitrations 200.000 IS  are nothing and with leechers and drones is really hard to get high amount of IS.

Edited by bibmobello