Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyboard "stutter" bug

IgnisWings

Hey,

So I found a strange (and sadly reocurring) bug, especifically with keyboard controls.
The keys will "stutter" at random when I hold them (as in, the game will act as if I was tapping repeatedly).
I can't find what triggers it or how to fix it, as it happens on bootup and at random.
Sometimes my gear key will be bugged, rendering me unable to select items, or my interact key, so I cannot revive allies.
But the last straw was when one of my movement keys randomly bugged, mid-game.
Many restarts do nothing, and the problem isn't on me as I tested my keys and they work fine.
Any ideas how can I fix this? Do I just wait for the next patch? 🤔

33 minutes ago, tychondus said:

is this a joke? 

No, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the bother to post this.
This is something that actually happens in the current build, regardless of keyboard.
Again, I'm still trying to find what triggers it.

The current build was released on May 11. Today is May 17. Logically speaking if there was an issue with something as important as peripherals, there would have been numerous post about it, almost immediately as it would be noticable. Seeing as there hasn't been a single mention of this in the 6 days since, i would logically assume its something wrong on your side. Possibly hardware failure?

Edited by tychondus

5 minutes ago, tychondus said:

The current build was released on May 11. Today is May 17. Logically speaking if there was an issue with something as important as peripherals, there would have been numerous post about it, almost immediately as it would be noticable. Seeing as there hasn't been a single mention of this in the 6 days since, i would logically assume its something wrong on your side. 

That's what I thought too, but I checked the input. It's working as intended. It may be software, but I have no idea what kind could cause this.
Any kind of help or idea, as vague as it is, would help.

8 minutes ago, IgnisWings said:

That's what I thought too, but I checked the input. It's working as intended. It may be software, but I have no idea what kind could cause this.
Any kind of help or idea, as vague as it is, would help.

Try warframe on another pc. It could be hardware problem. Furthermore, this is not the proper channel to ask for assistance. Use the "Players helping players" forum. You may get more people to help diagnose the problem.

Edited by tychondus

7 minutes ago, tychondus said:

Try warframe on another pc. It could be hardware problem. Furthermore, this is not the proper channel to ask for assistance. Use the "Players helping players" forum. You may get more people to help diagnose the problem.

Well, at least there's direction now. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I have the same problem since the Update too!

It starts when i try to do something. May it be simply going forward or another direction, when i need to hold down my X button for my equipment wheep, etc.

Funny is, if i hold down for example the W key to move forward and hold it, it stutters, and then when i use another key in addition to for example jump or roll, as long i hold down W key its working fine.

The moment i let the key go which started the stutter problem, it happens with the next key i use.

Edited by Feuerfeder

Edit 04.06.19 08:50 o´clock: Could not sleep until i figured it out. I tested a few more shooter games like World War Z and yeah i got the same bug there too. The problem was indeed my keyboard. The Asus Rog Claymore has a rappid key mode 1x/2x/4X/6x on the keys F1-F4 in combination with the Key Fn for programming on the fly. What i forgot when i tested the other keyboard was that i have the same keyboard twice, and the rappid mode stay active on my computer from the Rog Amoury.

Hope it will help you IgnisWings and VanFanel1980mx!

• Like 1