Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Won The Plat Giveaways For Livestream 14

Shadow-Blades

I dont like the fact that you have to do some crappy facebook connect to get into the chat so you can win.

You don't have to be connected to facebook. You just have to be logged in to Twitch. Your name will still be in the viewer list which is where the selections come from.

I dont like the fact that you have to do some crappy facebook connect to get into the chat so you can win. I dont have a face book so I cant possibly win, at all.

As if RNG isnt bad enough, but they also make it literally impossible. Thanks DE.

This is absolutely false. You do not need to be able to participate in chat to win the plat prize. You simply have to be logged into Twitch while watching. Rebecca has confirmed this on several occasions.

You don't have to be connected to facebook. You just have to be logged in to Twitch. Your name will still be in the viewer list which is where the selections come from.

I read up on it, you cannot participate in the chat, and thus you arent in the chat connect, and the pool comes form the chat connect. I really wanted to at least be eligible to win, so when I tried to post in chat to see how it all went down, it told me I wasnt able because of facebook crap.

Looked into it, cant connect to chat, and thus cannot win.

Again, Thanks DE. I dont do facebook, so I cannot win. Nice.

I read up on it, you cannot participate in the chat, and thus you arent in the chat connect, and the pool comes form the chat connect. I really wanted to at least be eligible to win, so when I tried to post in chat to see how it all went down, it told me I wasnt able because of facebook crap.

Try looking into it again. Or pay attention when DE says you don't need to be connected to Facebook to be eligible.

Edited by FatalX7

I have a twitch account, never connected with facebook, and I was eligible (I could chat) just fine. You're wrong.

Yes, you aren't permitted to type in the chatroom when not connected to facebook but if you are logged into a Twitch account, your name is put into the viewer list, which DE has stated multiple times, is where their selection of winners comes from. You can still be eligible to win if you are logged into your Twitch account and not connected to Facebook and participating in the chat room.

when I posted on the chat, this is all I got.

oTCCUSC.jpg

Everytime.

Yes. But you are still in the chat list. You may not be able to chat but that doesnt matter. If you are logged in, open the viewer list and you should be able to find your name. Therefore you are eligible for the plat giveaway.

I dont like the fact that you have to do some crappy facebook connect to get into the chat so you can win. I dont have a face book so I cant possibly win, at all.

As if RNG isnt bad enough, but they also make it literally impossible. Thanks DE.

While I don't know if this is true based on the back and forth in this thread, it's bad enough that those of us who don't use Facebook are unable to speak to the developers, particularly given how little I see them around the forum. I'd actually tried to use the chat to ask for a transcript, since I'm hearing impaired and can't tell what's said in the streams, but couldn't even do that. And now there's no "Thank you for watching" thread, much less a transcript or summary. Frustrated again.