Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best arcane to use for primary / secondary?

(XBOX)Aress

Question

14 answers to this question

First, in answer to your question, you could consider Awakening, and Energize is pretty popular.

Secondly, just some words for thought...

I'm hoping somone far more knowledgeable will expand on (or correct) my thoughts.

All the 'modularised' weapons can have arcanes (zaws, kitguns, amps). These arcanes can be extremely powerful, usually much more powerful than weapons-related warframe arcanes.

I would probably suggest that you have a look at those to see if you want to go through the process of building those weapons and arcanes. That way you could use support/utility type arcanes on your warframe (e.g  Energize as mentiond above).

Hope that helps. Happy hunting tenno.

My question to you would be, why do you want to use your Warframe arcane slots to buff your primary/secondary? In most cases, the extra conditional buffs are unnecessary for a properly modded weapon to kill the majority of enemies. And if you're dealing with high enough level enemies that it is no longer the case, then oftentimes survivability is a larger concern.

So to give a proper answer requires more information, including what frames you like using, what missions are a concern, and how you play. But I can tell you that the only weapon-buffing warframe arcanes I use is... none, actually, since Velocity got nerfed to no longer apply with Mesa's Peacemaker. And the only one I use that triggers from weapons is Consequence, cuz gotta go fast (and get stuck on terrain, thus negating the benefit of going fast).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, corallein said:

But I can tell you that the only weapon-buffing warframe arcanes I use is... none, actually, since Velocity got nerfed to no longer apply with Mesa's Peacemaker.

Velocity does apply to mesa’s 4th ability, it didn’t work for a short time after an update but currently does.

if the point here is to compare Awakening and Velocity, Velocity will generally perform better partially due to being able to be triggered far more consistently, and triggered by attacking, rather than having to Reload mid fighting to try and get your buff.

basically, Awakening is hard to justify unless you are expecting Enemies to take several Magazines to Kill in the first place.

if you wanted to consider a Base Damage Arcane over Velocity, i would highly recommend replacing Awakening for Precision, in your mental decision.
it's more practical to use, and also stronger. especially since you're referencing using a Shotgun, which means getting a lot of Weakpoint hits quickly is something you can do reliably.

another way to possibly think about it is that the Base Damage Arcanes are kinda weak overall. regardless for Primary, Secondary, or Melee, they're topping out at ~30% extra Damage which is ok but not really that great.
you can usually get more of a benefit out of DPS Arcanes that increase something other than Base Damage. they'll just make a larger difference, usually. that being mainly Fire Rate/Attack Speed, but also Reload Speed.

or maybe you forgo DPS Arcanes entirely and some of the strictly Utility ones might actually be more compelling, in the long run.

Edited by taiiat

17 minutes ago, (PS4)turbodart said:

Velocity does apply to mesa’s 4th ability, it didn’t work for a short time after an update but currently does.

Ah. I never saw it mentioned in the patch notes, so I didn't it got reverted back. Good to know.

So what’s a go

1 hour ago, corallein said:

My question to you would be, why do you want to use your Warframe arcane slots to buff your primary/secondary? In most cases, the extra conditional buffs are unnecessary for a properly modded weapon to kill the majority of enemies. And if you're dealing with high enough level enemies that it is no longer the case, then oftentimes survivability is a larger concern.

So to give a proper answer requires more information, including what frames you like using, what missions are a concern, and how you play. But I can tell you that the only weapon-buffing warframe arcanes I use is... none, actually, since Velocity got nerfed to no longer apply with Mesa's Peacemaker. And the only one I use that triggers from weapons is Consequence, cuz gotta go fast (and get stuck on terrain, thus negating the benefit of going fast).

What’s a good arcane for survivability?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Aress said:

So what’s a go

Arcane Guardian is decent for frames with alot of health but no Gimmick to Protect it like Equinox.

Arcane Barrier, which I just got, is semi decent for Waframes with a high dependency on Shields, Volt, Harrow and Hildryn...

Regardless of which you choose they aren't going to work on their own or if you stack them on top of each other... you're going to want to pair Arcane Barrier with Arcane Aegis.... and then Arcane Guardian with Arcane Grace...

All depends on your build.  Arcanes can be used to not waste a mod slot.  For example, shorguns generally fire slow, so why throw a faster fire mod on it if there really is no room, and after all the mods I would sa are mandatory, you may not have room, so use Arcan Tempo which increases the fire rate of shotguns.  Fully maxed it proxs a lot and increases the fire rate with out throwing a mod on.   It really depends on your frame and load out as to which you want.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Aress said:

So what’s a go

Arcane Guardian, Arcane Grace for high Health frames, Barrier/Aegis for Hildryn, and resist arcanes are always useful for certain content (entering a Rad [Hazard] sortie? bring an Arcane Healing or two!)

15 hours ago, (XBOX)EliksniExo8 said:

[stuff]

Just curious, how did you find this topic / why did you seek it out?

Like, this was a 3.5 years dead topic, so it certainly wasn't on the first page of active topics or anything :P

Seriously though, it's a good habit to check post dates, much of what you're bringing up didn't even exist back then.

Also, level 55 unarmored enemies are far from the upper end of what a Kuva Nukor may be able to deal with.