Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara farming... euugh

Els236

Didn't know quite where this should go; General Feedback, Warframe Feedback or Mission Feedback as technically any of these 3 could be used.

Anyway, after god-knows how many spy missions on different planets, I have finally gotten all 3 component parts of Ivara, but still do not own her Main BP.

Over the last few days alone, I have probably spent 8-10 hours farming Laomedeia, only to get [[ 50 Endo / Meso Z Relic / Ammo Mutation / 2.5k Credit Bundle ]], yet I've still not yet received my Main BP.

This doesn't include all the farming I did for her before this week, which likely equates to about 100 or so spy missions, if not more than that.

FEELS BAD MAN.

Ivara is still largely regarded as THE WORST Warframe to farm; whether it's on YouTube videos, these forums, reddit or elsewhere, a lot of people do agree this is the case.

With the release of Baruuk, DE upped the anti with their "we don't actually want you to farm it, we want you to buy it" mentality (that's how it appears to many people), but with Exploiter Orb and Lazulite Toroids, the farm has been greatly reduced for Baruuk and at least you know where his parts drop/are purchasable and if you were already at least rank 3 with Little Duck, then there was not much grind for you to begin with. (Yes, Toroid farming still sucks majorly).

Harrow is a bit like Ivara in the fact that his neuros drop from a spy mission, but at least there you know it's in Vault C, so again, reduces the grind somewhat. His systems also seem to have a semi-decent drop rate (obtained mine in about 24 Squads [8 x 3 runs] from Defection Missions)

Nidus was a major PITA, but again, everything drops from one source with a supposed semi-decent drop-rate (took me about 40 C rotations to get Nidus from Infested Salvage).

Gara, Revenant and Garuda all drop from bounties, so there is some grind/farming to be done there, but their BPs are quest-related and the bounties themselves only have a limited loot-pool.

Ivara, on the other hand is the most prime-like non-prime warframe in the game with the way her parts are farmed; All 4 of her parts are spread-out over the starchart (like primes are spread-out over relics), but really that's the only resemblance. Ivara drops from Spies, which have some of the worst loot-pools in the game (personal opinion) [exception being Lua spy] and unlike primes she is untradeable. Her drop chances in the loot-pools of those spy missions is also abysmally low (between 5% and 10% depending on the part).

Not to mention that Ivara requires 3 x perfect vault extraction, meaning if you accidentally lose one vault, that's it, no Ivara part for you.

Looking at her Wiki page, the "nearly guaranteed" (this is already a bad-case scenario) chance for getting all of Ivara is basically 400 spy missions, give or take 100. With a 3-man team and one person per vault, I can run Laomedeia in 4 minutes (give or take a few seconds); solo it takes me about 6 minutes with Loki Prime, Sprint Boost and a Hacker-Moa.

A bit of math--

Best case scenario (if you're semi-unlucky like me):

300 spies at 4 minutes each = 1200 minutes, which equates to 20 hours

Solo:

300 spies at 6 minutes each = 1800 minutes, which equates to a whopping 30 hours of non-stop running spy missions

Absolute worst case scenario:

400 spies at 4 minutes each = 1600 minutes, which equates to 26.6 hours

Solo:

400 spies at 6 minutes each = 2400 minutes, which is a mind-blowing 40 hours....

Essentially you could run spies (doesn't really matter which) non-stop for 30+ hours and only end up with "X credit cache" "Y ammo mutation" "Z Relic" to show for your pain.

I mean, yes, you could go to Earth and immediately get the systems, go to Jupiter and immediately get the Chassis, then maybe get ultra lucky and get both the Neuroptics and BP to drop from Uranus, all within a couple of hours, but the chances of that happening are so so slim.

Please just double the drop-rate for Ivara? Going from 5%-10% to 10%-20% would really shave off the hours of farming this frame.

I don't think any other frame in the game is as tedious or annoying to farm as Ivara is; even Equinox with 9 parts isn't that bad seeing as she drops from one source and said source doesn't require a lot of time or flawless execution. (Personal Opinion).

It really stings and taints enjoyment when you spend hours and hours and hours farming for something only to end up with the rewards I mentioned at the start. 

I mean, on Laomedeia you can get more Endo from killing 10 of the mobs than you do from actually successfully opening a vault... I mean... really. Also, 2.5k credit cache and 5k credit cache should be removed from every single loot pool in the game. 

Even running the spy mission itself rewards 10k credits and to think something as stupid as a 2.5k credit cache is taking up a precious reward slot is...insulting to say the least.

If Ivara was only from Earth spy, I would let it slide having credit caches, but these sorts of rewards should not be present on the higher-end of the star chart missions.

Well, that's a different topic of discussion.

TL;DR: Farming Ivara is a PITA. Typical rant thread. Needs to be improved. I should now get the drop I'm after (seeing as ranting on the forums seemingly increases luck in RNG drops).

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

il y a 13 minutes, mcdoo a dit :

I farmed Ivara the easy way. Relics, mods, rivens for plat. Bought. Same with equinox. Some grinds are just too extra even for me. 

yeah, makes you wonder why the "poor man's" version of farming all these PITA grind-frames are even in the game, when a lot of people ive spoken to on region chat essentially said the same thing as you just did.

sort of proves the issue here

à l’instant, bibmobello a dit :

The worst frame to farm is harrow.

Systems drops fairly regularly, Chassis is a guaranteed drop in nearly any mission... yeah Neuros are a problem... bp is a freebie from a quest.

So, I still don't think it's as bad as Ivara, but I have seen a lot of people say Harrow is worse

2 minutes ago, Els236 said:

bp is a freebie from a quest. 

Not anymore it isn't...it's 'hard spy' rewards

Personally I don't see any issue with ivara being 'hard to get' considering how it allows you to literally cheese every single spy mission. 

I'd also argue ash (non prime) is harder to get considering how long it takes before manics spawn etc.

Edited by LSG501

il y a 2 minutes, LSG501 a dit :

Not anymore it isn't...it's 'hard spy' rewards

The main blueprint for Harrow is awarded from Chains of Harrow quest, which I completed only a month or so ago and I got it.

Chassis is from Void Fissure enemies.

Neuroptics is from Pago Spy Mission Vault C.

Systems is from Defection Rotation C.

Ivara has her main blueprint which drops from "Hard Spy" with a drop chance of 7%, which is written in my main post and is part of the whole issue of Ivara.

Edited by Els236

Just now, Els236 said:

The main blueprint for Harrow is awarded from Chains of Harrow quest, which I completed only a month or so ago and I got it.

Chassis is from Void Fissure enemies.

Neuroptics is from Pago Spy Mission Vault C.

Systems is from Defection Rotation C.

Ivara has the blueprint which drops from Hard Spy, which is written in my main post and is part of the whole issue of Ivara.

my bad for some reason I thought you meant ivara lol

If it's taking you that long, you should have tons of dual stats to sell. Just sell them and buy her. At least you get something useful during the farm, unlike most other farms.

I was actually farming dual stats to sell so I could buy vaulted primes and got her naturally while doing that. The game must've known what I was up to cause now I get Ivara parts more than dual stats, a lot more.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

il y a 2 minutes, LSG501 a dit :

my bad for some reason I thought you meant ivara lol

yeah I thought that was the case, but I was replying to the guy above who said Harrow is a worse farm.

à l’instant, (PS4)KingGuy420 a dit :

If it's taking you that long, you should have tons of dual stats to sell. Just sell them and buy her.

I was actually farming dual stats to sell so I could buy vaulted primes and got her naturally while doing that. The game must've known what I was up to cause now I get Ivara parts more than dual stats, a lot more.

Yeah, well, when I already have her 3 main component parts crafted and sat ready and only need her main BP, I feel it's like screwing myself over to just go and buy her.

Edited by Els236

Surprised Equinox isn't considered the worst to farm, considering you have to get full Day parts, full Night parts and Day & Night Aspect BP's to boot. 

Some way to improve drop chances would be nice.  I'm told it doesn't matter if you trigger alarms or not, maybe it should take that into consideration. 

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I'm told it doesn't matter if you trigger alarms or not, maybe it should take that into consideration. 

It doesn't matter at all.  Trust me on this one. I should have so many Ivara parts to make it rain, but I don't. 😄 

5 hours ago, Els236 said:

Ivara is still largely regarded as THE WORST Warframe to farm

In what universe is Ivara the "worst" farm?

whether it's on YouTube videos, these forums, reddit or elsewhere, a lot of people do agree this is the case.

The sum total of the people who participate on the forums, the subreddit, youtubers and their stans is a fraction of the player base. It is objectively not a lot of people.

that's how it appears to many people

This feels like it should increase the persuasiveness of your post, but it doesn't. Quite the opposite, really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

It doesn't matter at all.  Trust me on this one. I should have so many Ivara parts to make it rain, but I don't. 😄 

That makes me curious. How many Ivara sets do you have right now?

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

That makes me curious. How many Ivara sets do you have right now?

After selling all my extras about a year and half ago, this is what I have right now.

Y5iki2K.jpg

The 3rd Ivara was just recently build about a month ago when I finally got the Chassis to drop.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

After selling all my extras about a year and half ago, this is what I have right now.

Y5iki2K.jpg

The 3rd Ivara was just recently build about a month ago when I finally got the Chassis to drop.  

Actually less than I expected. Then again, you did sell the extras some time ago.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Y5iki2K.jpg

Why would you ever sell off your extra Ivara blueprints? Cries for lost Ivara bps T_T

6 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

Why would you ever sell off your extra Ivara blueprints? Cries for lost Ivara bps T_T

At the time when I did it, I already had two Ivara's.  It wasn't until Concentrated Arrow came out that I wanted another to make build without messing up my Main Ivara or my Plains/Orb builds.  

Sadly her parts can't be traded or I would have given them away instead.  

I am at mission 100+ for the chassis and still nothing.A friend of mine got all 4 parts for twice as less than time.I took a break, because I am simply sick of spy missions. Equinox was a breeze to get compared to her.I have only the systems and the blueprint and for them I did around 50+ missions so I'm roughly at the 150 mission mark.This is unreal.

On 2019-05-17 at 1:42 AM, LSG501 said:

I'd also argue ash (non prime) is harder to get considering how long it takes before manics spawn etc.

I have six sets of ash parts just from farming some other mods.He's almost like oberon 😄 .

Edited by vegetosayajin

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I am at mission 100+ for the chassis and still nothing.A friend of mine got all 4 parts for twice as less than time.I took a break, because I am simply sick of spy missions. Equinox was a breeze to get compared to her.I have only the systems and the blueprint and for them I did around 50+ missions so I'm roughly at the 150 mission mark.This is unreal.

I have six sets of ash parts just from farming some other mods.He's almost like oberon 😄 .

and I have had or have multiple parts/sets of ivara....  yet I have zero parts for ash while I have, I think, 2 sets of ash prime sitting in inventory lol.  I obviously don't need or want the mods you've been farming, and nothing is like oberon, except maybe harrow chassis 😛

Edited by LSG501

Man after looking at all these rant threads I figured I'm so damn lucky I managed to get the full Ivara and Harrow sets on the same day. That said, before that specific day I ran like 68 kuva spy and got Harrow neuroptics on the 69th that day. And don't even get me started about defection, the AI in this game is pretty... weird to put it politely. Although defection was really fun the first few runs. I think at least one of Ivara's parts should be added to the reward pool of kuva spy as not many people have that much time to farm one specific warframe part so they can at least get a bonus while farming something else. I think this should be done with more warframes, take defection for example, you mainly go there to farm Harrow systems but you also encounter grineer manics which drop Ash parts. Also if you're going somewhere to farm for a specific part it better have a good drop rate cause currently I think it's just not fun. The game forces you to play the same game mode again and again, I mean if I had to just play defection for a few runs I would love to play it from time to time but now whenever someone mentions it I just feel like I wanna puke, same for mobile defense and thermia fractures.