Sign in to follow this  
(NSW)Lavi

Some Enemies Can 1Hko? Glitch?

Seen this happen to myself, and someone I was in an arbitration in, though I think it's also possible in regular missions. Some enemies like bursas and ancients can sometimes 1hko you no matter your stats or immunity. I was literally 1hko'd by a level 20 bursa in a random mission with my khora who has very good mods so this shouldn't be possible. Also got instakilled by an ancient not too long ago in an arb. Watched someone else get 1ko by a bursa in an arb just a minute ago from full health.

Friend of mine says this is also happening in the pc version? Don't know about ps4 or xbox though? 

Can this maybe be looked into?

• Haha 2

This happens to me all the time. 

Some infected just do 1 hit KO, no matter if I have 1000 shield plus 700HP, other enemies also do that, like some grenades, even Saryn in on relay was killing me with just one hit. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it is quite frustrating.   

Unfortunately this is still happening, I'm not sure if it's also from lag but in arbitrations I just.. jump, and next thing i know I'm instantly downed even with max overshields

It has also happened to me a few times.

Had mesa prime 800+ HP and a 1000 shield 1hko during a low lvl mission on earth while helping a new player gather resources for Titania's quest line.

Another time with my Gara with 800 hp and 700 shield during a mobile def mission on mars.

In the end its random.

The same ancient 1hkilled me and a buddy within seconds in an arbitration, we were both so mad lol. Still happening unfortunately

there’s a mob in void mobile defense that explodes things where my nekros w 3 health conversion buff (1350 armor) gets wiped out in each console. it also hits the console leaving it with less than 40percent hp. 

Posted (edited)

I just had this happen again....except it happened to my Carrier this time. Completely ignored its maxed prime regen and it was fully dead. Annoying glitch

would like to add this wasn't an arby, just a regular relic mission

Edited by (NSW)Lavi

A few basic tips:

1. Aside from Hildryn, Gara, and Mesa, shields are not worth building for. If your frame has more than 200 base armor, build for armor+health. If not, try Quick Thinking.
  2. There are some enemies that can do 1k+ toxin damage in a single attack (Toxic Ancients, Mutalist Osprey, etc.). The only way to avoid dying to this is to use a frame with over 2000 eHP, or kill/disable them before they can perform such attacks.
  3. Make sure you are using your frame's survival abilities, if any. Gara and Mesa have DR abilities, Zephyr has projectile and hit-scan deflection, Trinity has DR combined with damage reflection, etc. etc. If energy is a problem, craft energy restores and take them with you, or finish the Second Dream and work towards getting on-demand energy regen with Zenurik.

Posted (edited)

infested deal toxic damage, so have fun building for shields. same goes for slash proccs from grineer for example.

generally u dont want to build for shields except for hildryn because armor only affects health and some dmg types dont really care too much about shield anyway.

the enemy scaling of warframe is not intended for long runs and if u do stay in a mission for lets say 2 hours or more, especially on MoT for example, then ur bound to get 1 shot by a butcher tickling u.

also, u have to remember that every enemy is different and a bursa is not a basic enemy. even at level 20 they tend to hurt and if u take something like arbitrations as an example then ofc u can get 1 shot quite easily. ancients have the mentioned toxic damage so shields wont exist if they hit u with their toxic breath. dodge it is all i can say, or kill them faster.

additionally u also have to remember: enemies can headshot u too, which ofc hurts more than a basic body-hit.

Edited by Xydeth

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A few basic tips:

1. Aside from Hildryn, Gara, and Mesa, shields are not worth building for. If your frame has more than 200 base armor, build for armor+health. If not, try Quick Thinking.
  2. There are some enemies that can do 1k+ toxin damage in a single attack (Toxic Ancients, Mutalist Osprey, etc.). The only way to avoid dying to this is to use a frame with over 2000 eHP, or kill/disable them before they can perform such attacks.
  3. Make sure you are using your frame's survival abilities, if any. Gara and Mesa have DR abilities, Zephyr has projectile and hit-scan deflection, Trinity has DR combined with damage reflection, etc. etc. If energy is a problem, craft energy restores and take them with you, or finish the Second Dream and work towards getting on-demand energy regen with Zenurik.

Quick Thinking + Primed Flow + Rage.

I am disappointed at the shield's enaction.

I thought 

5 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A few basic tips:

1. Aside from Hildryn, Gara, and Mesa, shields are not worth building for. 

I thought that Harrow was supposed to have great over-shield capabilities. Also, EV Trinity's augment gives good over-shields, too, from what I've experienced playing her. I'd like to understand what you mean. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Badger said:

I thought 

I thought that Harrow was supposed to have great over-shield capabilities. Also, EV Trinity's augment gives good over-shields, too, from what I've experienced playing her. I'd like to understand what you mean. 

You cannot build for Overshields. Overshields are capped to 1200 (2400 for Harrow). Also, Harrow has no DR abilities, so his shields tend to get shredded. You are actually better off building him for health and just using your shields to keep up the duration of your 2, which allows you to heal based on damage dealt. Adding a Vitality mod to Harrow gives him the same eHP as a Redirection, and adding a Steel Fiber only further increases the eHP gain from Vitality.

The trick here is that, due to his base armor, he has the same amount of eHP from health as from shields. Increasing his armor increases his health eHP, not his shield eHP, and any other method of increasing eHP affects health and shields equally. Add to that the fact that he can regain both health and shields at ease, and you wind up having health be more useful than shields in terms of eHP.

Now, some might argue that more shields means fewer casts of his 2 to reach duration cap, but I think that if you are having trouble reaching the duration cap, then the problem isn't his shield values.

If DE were to ever add some sort of armor equivalent for shields, then frames like Harrow, Frost, Trinity, and Revenant might start building for shields, but as it stands right now, every frame (excluding Hildryn) that has the ability to restore shields also has the ability to restore health, and health is affected by armor. The only reason Gara and Mesa are worth building for shields is because they can regenerate shields, but have no innate means to regenerate health. This means that their DR abilities are better used with shields, as health and shields are mostly equal while under the effects of a 90% DR.

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You cannot build for Overshields. Overshields are capped to 1200 (2400 for Harrow). Also, Harrow has no DR abilities, so his shields tend to get shredded. You are actually better off building him for health and just using your shields to keep up the duration of your 2, which allows you to heal based on damage dealt. Adding a Vitality mod to Harrow gives him the same eHP as a Redirection, and adding a Steel Fiber only further increases the eHP gain from Vitality.

The trick here is that, due to his base armor, he has the same amount of eHP from health as from shields. Increasing his armor increases his health eHP, not his shield eHP, and any other method of increasing eHP affects health and shields equally. Add to that the fact that he can regain both health and shields at ease, and you wind up having health be more useful than shields in terms of eHP.

Now, some might argue that more shields means fewer casts of his 2 to reach duration cap, but I think that if you are having trouble reaching the duration cap, then the problem isn't his shield values.

If DE were to ever add some sort of armor equivalent for shields, then frames like Harrow, Frost, Trinity, and Revenant might start building for shields, but as it stands right now, every frame (excluding Hildryn) that has the ability to restore shields also has the ability to restore health, and health is affected by armor. The only reason Gara and Mesa are worth building for shields is because they can regenerate shields, but have no innate means to regenerate health. This means that their DR abilities are better used with shields, as health and shields are mostly equal while under the effects of a 90% DR.

thank you very much. 

Do you think that shield gating would make shields viable? I keep hearing good things about Hildryn's passive being pretty close to that. 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

thank you very much. 

Do you think that shield gating would make shields viable? I keep hearing good things about Hildryn's passive being pretty close to that. 

Shield gating, as Hildryn currently has it, would just make Quick Thinking less buggy; currently, if you have at least one point of shields left and you take damage exceeding your current health and shield totals, Quick Thinking does not trigger because the damage is 'against shields' instead of health. Hildryn's shield gating would prevent that, as you could never take health damage (outside of slash/toxin) while shields are active. It wouldn't increase your eHP, or make your shields any more effective, only make sure that your shields don't get you killed.

The other possible form of shield gating, in which shields do not have to recharge to full to refresh the shield gate, would just make Arcane Aegis overpowered, so DE will never do it.

The only thing I can see that would make shields viable would be to
1: Make Overshields scale with mods (either a fraction of normal shield mods, or brand new mods)
2: Give shields something equivalent to armor, though likely weaker.

This would allow shields to contribute significantly towards eHP, as both shields and overshields would block more damage.