Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict... Grineer?...

WarlokLord

Just finished an Extermination mission where partway through the enemies turned out to be a raiding party of Grineer. Now, I realize that it makes sense that Grineer would venture to explore these ships, just as you do, and for the same reasons, but doing an Exterminate and encountering a majority of Grineer troopers doesn`t fit very well to this tileset. Or to the whole concept. I wonder if some sort of unique non-boss Infested creatures ought to be peculiar to Orokin Derelicts, and if restrictions ought to be applied to the incidence of non-Infested when you do runs through one. Especially on Exterminations.

Given the progression of the Infested here, most groups ought to consider them "no-go" zones. At least, thats the feeling they have.

I agree, there should be a limited percentage of how many enemies are non-infested here on exterms. I just completed an extermination in the derelict and there we about 15 infested and over 100 grineer! That's pretty ridiculous considering this is supposed to be an infested tile set. I'm fine with 50% being grinner give or take but that was too many, it through me off. This could also be a problem for people with specific load out (if you have weapons and mods geared towards infested, that wouldn't help when 50 grinner decide to ambush you)

Well you guys are just too slow, the Grineer were there first and already wiped out most of the local resistance and are about to set up shop. Like already mentioned, it makes sense that the Grineer raid those Vessels for the same reasons the Tenno do, to aquire old, lost technology. I would even be fine with Orokin Derelict missions that only have Grineer or Corpus Troops on board the ship, just add some crates and science equipment strewn around to show how they are about to survey the whole thing and take everything with them that isn't nailed down (and can't be cut lose with a plasma torch).

Well you guys are just too slow, the Grineer were there first and already wiped out most of the local resistance and are about to set up shop. Like already mentioned, it makes sense that the Grineer raid those Vessels for the same reasons the Tenno do, to aquire old, lost technology. I would even be fine with Orokin Derelict missions that only have Grineer or Corpus Troops on board the ship, just add some crates and science equipment strewn around to show how they are about to survey the whole thing and take everything with them that isn't nailed down (and can't be cut lose with a plasma torch).

Thats a feasible scenario, but I just don`t agree with it. Orokin Derelicts are the domains of Infested gone insane... finding other factions onboard should be unusual and rare. These mission types are special unlocks that are striven for, and they ought to be exclusive Infested domains - thats their purpose & place.

When I craft a Derelict Key, I am fully expecting to confront hordes of Infested. Specially evolved Infested. But not Corpus or Grineer.

Make these multicultural missions (!) and you remove their special natures, such that they now threaten to be nothing more than different graphics upon the same mixed arrays.

I have found Corpus, Grineer and both on several missions, all fighting infested at the same time. Lore wise it actually works out, we are stealing the coordinates from these factions to begin with, surely they would have sent their own people to the derelicts anyways?

I have found Corpus, Grineer and both on several missions, all fighting infested at the same time. Lore wise it actually works out, we are stealing the coordinates from these factions to begin with, surely they would have sent their own people to the derelicts anyways?

Sometimes. Infrequently. Sure. But hopefully its rare - the showcase for these Derelicts are/is the Infested.

I've only run into the Corpus, but I agree that for extermination, it doesn't make too much sense that your mission requirement includes killing any random thing there (okay it can make sense, but I don't think that magical number Lotus gives you makes sense that it predicted the other faction(s) would be there too).

To fix this, make exterminate numbers count only Infested, make the number of Infested remain normal no matter who else is there, and thoss in the random factions all they want, because the other factions showing up is always cool to see, it's just not sensible that Lotus with her eyeless telepathy saw all the enemies there beforehand and didn't tell us.