Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more.

This weapon was obtainable by people that spent countless hours working together to get this as a showcase of their accomplishment..

''This weapon was awarded from Operation: The Pacifism Defect event:

Clans that place within the Top 10% scoring clans within their tier received the Ignis Wraith as a Research in the Chem Lab at the end of the event. ''

This is how you treat us?!

unknown.png?width=1203&height=677

Honestly i, as a veteran,feel like i keep getting continuously kicked in the balls with every new change/addition to the game, stop giving new players everything and start working on your dying veteran playerbase.

Edited by eXotic
  • Like 3

So.. youre upset cause other people now have access to what you had exclusively? Seems kinda... ehhh. And just for the record, no I won't be buying it - I hate the Ignis I think it's a boring weapon and it also ruins Conclave single-handedly, but that's neither here nor there.

Edited by Gnohme
  • Like 40

1 hour ago, Gnohme said:

So.. youre upset cause other people now have access to what you had exclusively? Seems kinda... ehhh. 

To correct myself:

It's not as much exclusivity as seeing something you worked so hard for being sold for nothing, event rewards are becoming obsolete because DE just gives hard earned rewards away like it's candy under the guise of 'content'.

Edited by eXotic
  • Like 1

“Why isn’t X event item still exclusive to the event” because these events are non-replayable and locking content from several years ago is silly? And it’s a video game. Those clans put in that effort for a digital item in a digital menu. The achievement was never worth anything

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gnohme said:

So.. youre upset cause other people now have access to what you had exclusively? Seems kinda... ehhh. 

we are not upset because of that, we are upset that clans that worked hard to win the event, has turned up to be a waste of time because they just give them away to everyone and builded. while remnants of the void (i cannot speak for other clans) have gave for free the ignis wraith blueprint, we are not angry everyone have access to it, we activly try to give everyone access to it ourselfs, we are mad that veteran content is being handed to new players while veterans dont get anything new.

6 minutes ago, eXotic said:

This weapon was obtainable by people that spent countless hours working together to get this as a showcase of their accomplishment..

''This weapon was awarded from Operation: The Pacifism Defect event:

Clans that place within the Top 10% scoring clans within their tier received the Ignis Wraith as a Research in the Chem Lab at the end of the event. ''

This is how you treat us?!

unknown.png?width=1203&height=677

Honestly i, as a veteran,feel like i keep getting continuously kicked in the balls with every new change/addition to the game, stop giving new players everything and start working on your dying veteran playerbase.

It's more of a common thing now for DE to have an exclusive item for a while, then later release it to everyone in some way.  So it's more of a temporary exclusive than anything.  I think they're just trying to please everyone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a offical DE event. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Disagree. You gain timed exclusivity from events. Content that shows up that way should be exclusive for a while (we're talking years here), then put back into the game.

Also more availability => price deflation. Not sure how you arrived at the opposite.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, swiftasacoursing said:

“Why isn’t X event item still exclusive to the event” because these events are non-replayable and locking content from several years ago is silly? And it’s a video game. Those clans put in that effort for a digital item in a digital menu. The achievement was never worth anything

I'm bringing this up because It's disrespectful to the clans that tried their hardest spending hours and hours in one game mode in order to get the research, if you put it into another Official clan event then I think that's fine but selling it off like scrap makes us think we just wasted our time

2 minutes ago, --RV--Earth said:

while remnants of the void (i cannot speak for other clans) have gave for free the ignis wraith blueprint, we are not angry everyone have access to it, we activly try to give everyone access to it ourselfs, we are mad that veteran content is being handed to new players while veterans dont get anything new.

so you hand out Ignis wraith bps for 0-5 plat...and you get mad that Baro is handing them out for thousands of credits and a few hundred ducats? Ok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, --RV--Earth said:

we are not upset because of that, we are upset that clans that worked hard to win the event, has turned up to be a waste of time because they just give them away to everyone and builded. while remnants of the void (i cannot speak for other clans) have gave for free the ignis wraith blueprint, we are not angry everyone have access to it, we activly try to give everyone access to it ourselfs, we are mad that veteran content is being handed to new players while veterans dont get anything new.

I mean...You had (my Clan included) exclusive rights to it for a long period of time, so I don't see what the problem is here.

Need I also state how PISSED the Moon and Higher/Elite Clans were when they realized how many other Clans (Shadow mostly included) got the Ignis Wraith Blueprint Research. They believed their Elite selves were going to have more or less a Market Place Monopoly on the item, only to find out what they were trying to sell for 200p a pop was being given out literally for free by hundreds of other Clan in an attempt to immediately undermine them and give "Newer Players" a shot at the weapon.

This thing was a controversy Day 1 because of all that, so really, nothing has changed over it.

• Like 1

I think it's a tricky thing for DE.  They're trying to please everyone.  So they don't get the newer players who see others with the exclusive weapon and get discouraged that they will never be able to get that specific weapon or the MR for it.  So to compensate for that, DE makes everything a temporary exclusive, then later make it available for everyone in some way.  I'm sure they struggle with the decision every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Disagree. You gain timed exclusivity from events. Content that shows up that way should be exclusive for a while (we're talking years here), then put back into the game.

Also more availability => price deflation. Not sure how you arrived at the opposite.

Availiability wise I mean that when Baro leaves, the price will inflate from newer players trying to get it, as I mention to the last person, it shouldn't be sold off as a regular weapon, it should be put in another event like Plague Star it that was to ever get leaderboards

I'm also conflicted on the subject in general.  I used to play on PS4 for like 5 years before switching to PC main.  So, on PS4 I did the event and worked hard to earn the weapon.  Now that I switched to PC, I didn't have that available and that made me a little sad.  So, I'm glad that I can get it now, but also sad that it's not exclusive to the clans, like mine, who worked hard to earn it. 

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Guess who's giving out some Free Ignis Wraith Blueprints right now, just to "Undermine" your Elitism........THIS GUY~!!!

Wow, you're an amazing person, did you not read the part of the post where our clan is giving the BP's away for free?

10 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

I think it's a tricky thing for DE.  They're trying to please everyone.  So they don't get the newer players who see others with the exclusive weapon and get discouraged that they will never be able to get that specific weapon or the MR for it.  So to compensate for that, DE makes everything a temporary exclusive, then later make it available for everyone in some way.  I'm sure they struggle with the decision every time.

I understand where you're coming from, the only problem is that the veterans of this game now have nothing challenging or exclusive to earn because DE is trying to make new/old content available for the new player base which leaves veterans in the dust

Edited by --RV--Cannibal

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Guess who's giving out some Free Ignis Wraith Blueprints right now, just to "Undermine" your Elitism........THIS GUY~!!!

if you did not read the entire post or my comment, we said that WE GIVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE anyway and this is about spitting in vets face than exclusivity