Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

14 hours ago, eXotic said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more.

This weapon was obtainable by people that spent countless hours working together to get this as a showcase of their accomplishment..

''This weapon was awarded from Operation: The Pacifism Defect event:

Clans that place within the Top 10% scoring clans within their tier received the Ignis Wraith as a Research in the Chem Lab at the end of the event. ''

This is how you treat us?!

unknown.png?width=1203&height=677

Honestly i, as a veteran,feel like i keep getting continuously kicked in the balls with every new change/addition to the game, stop giving new players everything and start working on your dying veteran playerbase.

14 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Me and Exotic have created a thread each about this, but they have been merged together by a moderator.

Boo hoo! My clan got is as research too and you don't see any of us crying on the forums do you? Its ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS been DE's way to put event weapons into Baro's rotation eventual. Deal with it.

• Like 1

Translation:
Now that players can buy it from Baro we can't rip them off by charging an absurdly high amount of platinum. (Even though many clans give it away for FREE.)
This is non-sense.

The BP is STILL exclusive. And those clans are forever recorded in Warframe's history.
History remembers the names of the people & their accomplishments

This is extremely petty. Entitled veteranship at its finest.

One of this games BIGGEST flaws & it's a laughably bad flaw that shines a massive spotlight on DE's short term thinking, bad writing/lore design, & content implementation...Is the Tactical Alerts & clan events tied to them, their one time only nature, the deep lore tied to them that will never be relived, added to the game (DE only thinks about adding it...), and how broken & jumbled the story is because of all this. Its partially why Warframe was considered a joke for so damn long, and even now the game gets knocked for it.
The locking of content needed to progress (if you consider MR progression...) is also a flawed concept.

There is no harm in Baro selling the item, and it's really damn expensive too. It's cheaper to ask in Trade chat for a free one.

• Like 2

Oh look, someone pissed that an exclusive thingy is no longer exclusive, haven't heard that song and dance before (I say this as someone who got the Ignis Wraith via the event). Compared to a couple Founders complaining about Excal Umbra making their Primes feel less special and some Closed beta folks angered by the Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal now being obtainable from ESO, this just seems cheap, banal, petty, and really stupid.

I am one of the vets who placed in the top with my previous clan, and I don’t care.  The event finished ages ago.  Let everyone else get access to it now.  DE has only said o e thing is “exclusive” anyway.  It’s been more than a year.  People can probably just ask around in trade chat and get it for free anyway.  As a vet I want things to do.  I could care less about old rewards coming back.  

16 hours ago, eXotic said:

To correct myself:

It's not as much exclusivity as seeing something you worked so hard for being sold for nothing, event rewards are becoming obsolete because DE just gives hard earned rewards away like it's candy under the guise of 'content'.

You do realize that clans have been giving it out for literally nothing this entire time, right? 550 ducks is way too much for something you can get from a vet for an [Ammo Drum] or a small plat-tip.

Are you also someone who defends keeping Hema costs the same?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Oh look, someone pissed that an exclusive thingy is no longer exclusive, haven't heard that song and dance before (I say this as someone who got the Ignis Wraith via the event). Compared to a couple Founders complaining about Excal Umbra making their Primes feel less special and some Closed beta folks angered by the Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal now being obtainable from ESO, this just seems cheap, banal, petty, and really stupid.

Ya know, not to change the subject, but I never understood the anger about Excal Umbra. I mean, realistically, we knew there was never going to be just one Excal in general circulation, he had to have a 'prime' variant for people to get- and Excal prime is off the table, end of story. Like, what, were people expecting Excal to only ever be available as a standard frame for everyone? Doesn't make sense. 

Then again I guess a lot of things that we hear don't make sense.

• Like 2

Oh, my clan was put together at the end of 2018. 

So incomplete that my clan doesnt have Ignis Wraith research.

And with only me and two of my kids in the clan, I doubt we ever will have exclusive research items....

Still want to get a handful of free Ignis Wraith BP's for future close clan members though. 

And I paid too much for mine last year, because I was foolish enough to put a WTB in market and accept what someone said I should pay.

• Like 1

This weapon is a great one for cleaning enemies of rooms quickly. But it’s not a high platinum weapon whatsoever and many players are already getting it as gifts all the time. I have no problem to let newer players have one more ways to access this great weapon. And it’s just for this weekend. 

5 hours ago, Eklectus said:

You do realize that clans have been giving it out for literally nothing this entire time, right? 550 ducks is way too much for something you can get from a vet for an [Ammo Drum] or a small plat-tip.

Are you also someone who defends keeping Hema costs the same?

If you'd read the post you'd know that we also give it out for free..

3 hours ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

To the OP: You're the kind of person I hope leaves Warframe, and all gaming for that matter.

Thanks, never gonna happen.

Except for Founders Pack, screw "exclusivity" other than for cosmetics.

Personally, I'd prefer if DE would bring back the EVENTS to let people earn the items, but some are not possible to redo. Not sure on this event as was before my time. However, if the event is not able to be redone (or if DE just doesn't want to redo the event), then Baro is a decent choice of how to allow players to earn these items. Players still have to get Ducats to buy the item and, unlike the event, do NOT get the Blueprint to hand out.

So when Baro goes away, the clans retain their exclusives on the Blueprint.