Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

8 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Right but why is it on PC lol surely they have a different rotation to us. or just give them the event anything than 550 ducats

Because it's possible - albeit highly unlikely - that the clans with the research could all become defunct, and there needs to be a way to attain it through something other than trading.

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Hm? That's what I'm talking about. The Jovian Concord. Why? Did I make a mistake somewhere? (It's early morning here)

No youre fine, I was asleep on the couch all night so it's more likely my brain than yours lol

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Because it's possible - albeit highly unlikely - that the clans with the research could all become defunct, and there needs to be a way to attain it through something other than trading.

Rerun the event?

1 minute ago, paul5473 said:

Rerun the event?

That would certainly be nice, but it isn't the precedent.

Strun Wraith, Detron, Brakk, and a bunch of other weapons got alternate implementation rather than an event rerun.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That would certainly be nice, but it isn't the precedent.

Strun Wraith, Detron, Brakk, and a bunch of other weapons got alternate implementation rather than an event rerun.

But it solves the problem of if ever be you said defunct clans, and this is another problem events not being rerun but that's another topic

Edited by paul5473

My complain about all of this Exclusivity fiasco, has to be the fact that wether this was a clan reward for the top 10% Clans it just proves that Warfame's clan system is just really not working at all, i mean what would be a clan in warfame, if there is nothing to compete, nothing to do as a clan ( We used to have Jordas Verdict, Law of Retribution) which those were a clan activty mostly that would happen everyday,just an new "Chat tab" that you use as an LFG, or social chat.My point has to be that yes even if ignis wraith was a "Temporal" Exclusivty is just proving that Clan as a system is not taking seriously at all,Remember  when we used to have the Solar rail activites? i do remember,when we used to compete for an dark sector zone, that was a thing that clans would do,it was dumped, Law of retrbution too, Jordas Verdict same.Nowdays even these small events that we do that rewards clan benefits such as the ignis wraith just feels pointless, like as if if that leaderboard wasn't existing at all, a clan would just be like any other chat tabs in warfame, which i find it dull and really not improved at all ,even at some point we had in one of the Devstreams that we will get a clan tag,which ironically it never was implemented, we got a new Clan ui but no clan tags. I just hope that one day, they would just invest more time and effort when comes to the Clan system overall and not just throw an event just for the sake of being in there and then all the rewards that were on that event would end just being sold on baro or any other resources.

Edited by Vanilty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, paul5473 said:

But it solves the problem of if ever be you said defunct clans, and this is another problem events not being rerun but that's another topic

Well, yes, but again, that's not the current precedent.

Plague Star was the first Reran event

If you call getting top 10% in that event hard work then I can see the problem.

You still have the blueprint. Plenty of players miss Baro all the time and you can still give out the fruits of your, "labor," to them for that whopping 0 platinum that you always have.

This is just whining to whine, honestly.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

If you call getting top 10% in that event hard work then I can see the problem.

You still have the blueprint. Plenty of players miss Baro all the time and you can still give out the fruits of your, "labor," to them for that whopping 0 platinum that you always have.

This is just whining to whine, honestly.

Speak when you have something actually useful to say.

Getting to 10% as a moon clan IS hard work but you wouldn't know that judging from your stats, it takes quite alot of multiple hour runs to get to 10%, multiple coordinated squads and good clan managment, it doesn't matter if we still have the blueprint if the weapon is basically given away for free.

it isn't whining to whine if someone worked their ass of just to end up being spat in the face.

Wow...just...WOW.

I didn't think it was possible for a topic to be this....I can't even find a word for it, I want to say stupid but I don't think that is strong enough or accurate enough for what is happening right now.

You're giving the blueprints away. FOR FREE, and somehow DE is the one who is spitting on your "hard work" when you yourself are handing the blueprints for what could very well have been an other wise unobtainable weapon after the event passed; and somehow, SOMEHOW, DE is the one in the wrong for making it purchasable LONG AFTER IT WAS GIVEN OUT TO THE POINT WHERE IT IS MORE COMMON THAN THE NORMAL IGNIS.

I just can't define the level of mental gymnastics required to make such a ludicrous jump when players have been selling/handing the blueprints out like bloody tic-tacs for however long it has been since that event ended.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, --RV--Earth said:

if you did not read the entire post or my comment, we said that WE GIVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE anyway and this is about spitting in vets face than exclusivity

That's cool and all, but wouldn't you giving them out for free also be spitting in the faces of the people that worked to earn it? The end result is identical; people that weren't around for the event or who didn't do the requisite work to get the research are able to use the weapon.

How, exactly, is you giving it away for free any better than Baro selling it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eXotic said:

that's nice, now reply with something that's actually useful okay?

No? Coz Ignis Wraith is already on the list? Go assassinate Baro maybe?

It's not even the first time Ignis Wraith is on the list so I wonder where you guys had been to.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Wow...just...WOW.

I didn't think it was possible for a topic to be this....I can't even find a word for it, I want to say stupid but I don't think that is strong enough or accurate enough for what is happening right now.

You're giving the blueprints away. FOR FREE, and somehow DE is the one who is spitting on your "hard work" when you yourself are handing the blueprints for what could very well have been an other wise unobtainable weapon after the event passed; and somehow, SOMEHOW, DE is the one in the wrong for making it purchasable LONG AFTER IT WAS GIVEN OUT TO THE POINT WHERE IT IS MORE COMMON THAN THE NORMAL IGNIS.

I just can't define the level of mental gymnastics required to make such a ludicrous jump when players have been selling/handing the blueprints out like bloody tic-tacs for however long it has been since that event ended.

Likewise, this isn't mainly about exclusivity, this is about DE continuously spitting in vets faces for all the hard work we did, this is basically the ephemera crap 2.0 where people completely disregarded the intention and went for the easy ''You're just mad because X can get it too and it isn't only for the elitist scum''.. read what we're actually pissed about and stop with this nonsense.

6 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

That's cool and all, but wouldn't you giving them out for free also be spitting in the faces of the people that worked to earn it? The end result is identical; people that weren't around for the event or who didn't do the requisite work to get the research are able to use the weapon.

How, exactly, is you giving it away for free any better than Baro selling it?

this is about content and veteran challenges, not about giving the item to new people, giving out the bp is not pissing off other clans (expect the A****** ones that sell it for plat) we worked for it and we have the ability to do this now, it was hard to get to the top 10% but we made it and this is the reward we got for it, but now they are giving them away making our hard work meaningless, the new operation is said to have something like the ignis wraith bp, there is no point to do it if they will just put it in baros rotation after a year. this means, veteran content is and some may argue that it has died and DE doesnt even care anymore about the players who supported them and bought prime access and plat when they didnt need to but just for the love of the game, and instead are working on making an easier life for new players to get to where the vets are faster.

Edited by --RV--Earth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eXotic said:

We spent all this time grinding, spent hours in a single mission to beat every clan in the game and get to that top 10% TO GET THIS EXCLUSIVE ITEM, it's insulting seeing it being sold off for scrap after working so hard to get it.

Well, you spent all that time grinding so you could enjoy 2 years of selling it off for plat? I think that's not a bad reward for that exclusivity.
I'll tell you what i was told when, 3 years after i spent ~200€ to buy Guild Wars 2 they made it F2P, "You got the benefit of having it before everyone else". And that's true, you had the Ignis first, you got to sell it for plat for years, and lets be honest, by the time they released it in Baro, most people already had it, and a lot of clans were giving it for free to whoever asked in the Trade chat.

You still have the exclusive of the research, they're not selling that, your clan has what many don't, the ability to get a blueprint for the Ignis Wraith at ANY TIME! That's still a pretty awesome deal.

1 hour ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

I could be wrong about this, but Barro rotation hits not just PC, but consoles as well.

Does your clan on Nintendo Switch have the blueprint to hand it out to the players there?

I suspect it is less a spit in clans, but a cheep way to get it into the regions where it couldn't exist.  Think about umbral Excalabur.   There is no way the asian market could get excal prime, so it has been suspect that umbral was a way to appease that sort of exclusivness due to the fact of "timing" unfairness.

It just seems to me this is an intention vs perception issue this time.  Oops.

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

Well, you spent all that time grinding so you could enjoy 2 years of selling it off for plat?

but we didnt sell it for plat we gave it away for free for anyone who asked, or came to our dojo when it was on the starchart. ACTUALLY READ BEFORE YOU START TYPING

Just now, OneYenShort said:

I could be wrong about this, but Barro rotation hits not just PC, but consoles as well.

Does your clan on Nintendo Switch have the blueprint to hand it out to the players there?

I suspect it is less a spit in clans, but a cheep way to get it into the regions where it couldn't exist.  Think about umbral Excalabur.   There is no way the asian market could get excal prime, so it has been suspect that umbral was a way to appease that sort of exclusivness due to the fact of "timing" unfairness.

but... baro has different items for different consoles

1 minute ago, OneYenShort said:

Baro has different stock for every platform..

• Like 1

Just now, --RV--Earth said:

but we didnt sell it for plat we gave it away for free for anyone who asked, or came to our dojo when it was on the starchart. ACTUALLY READ BEFORE YOU START TYPING

Then, you're one of the good guys, not the one i'm replying to. If you look at my post, i mentioned clans like yours doing it. Which is why this nonsense is nonesense. Because it was already commonly given away, and, like i said, clans still retain the exclusivity of the research.

5 minutes ago, eXotic said:

DE continuously spitting in vets faces for all the hard work we did

You sat in front of a computer screen doing makework for hours on end to get a ticket for a virtual weapon in a video game.

What part of that was hard work?

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Then, you're one of the good guys, not the one i'm replying to. If you look at my post, i mentioned clans like yours doing it. Which is why this nonsense is nonesense. Because it was already commonly given away, and, like i said, clans still retain the exclusivity of the research.

I'm in the same clan as him.