Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, this is how hard work is payed off DE?

Satan

I do wish theyd go down the rift sigil route. Something that did come back but you still had to do something to get it other than buy it with stuff you could stockpile beforehand.

Thats really my only problem, I think itd be a bit more satisfying if they were a little harder to get. Kinda like the braton/lato vandal but with actual drop chances.

I dont even care about exclusivity or prestige or ang of that. I just think it'd be fun to do something to be able to get those old event weapons instead of just unloading random prime parts.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 1

I don't see a problem with this. This has been the case with all the previous event weapons from events that do not repeat. Look at the Wraith and Vandal episodes.

The year of exclusivity for those weapons is more than fair for bragging rights, and the people who buy the Ignis Wraith from Baro still don't have an infinite amount of those blueprints, blueprints which you can just list on market and sell for 5 platinum all day for weeks on end and earn hundreds of platinum, trading a one or more between your every farming mission.

This isn't DE spitting in the faces of those who earned the BP, this is respecting all of the players who play the game and would otherwise have trouble staying in the game or play often because they know they'll miss weapons and never get it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

I'm bringing this up because It's disrespectful to the clans that tried their hardest spending hours and hours in one game mode in order to get the research, if you put it into another Official clan event then I think that's fine but selling it off like scrap makes us think we just wasted our time

Not really.  You still have the BP as your reward.  You aren't at the whims of Baro.  Hell, I forgot my clan got it until someone found an old post where I said to just DM if you want one.  Id honestly rather have someone know they can get it from Baro then have to search around from a rando to ask and hope that someone sees their message AND wants to take the time to trade it to them.

Also PS4 Tenno if you need one just look for me I am usually on in the evenings, but dropping me a message in here we can set up something.

• Like 1

Virtually every Wraith/Vandal weapon started out being distributed in a time-limited operation or as part of some other now-inaccessible event, and most of these weapons end up in Baro's shop, so why should the Ignis Wraith be any different? Moreover, if the item can already be obtained in several ways, who's getting hurt by this additional option?

3 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

An operation exclusive that only certain clans could get, and a majority of tenno would give out the BP for free.

Seems Baro is a little scammy to be offering the built for Ducats and credits

bad move DE

There's no guarantee clans will continue to do this, but personally I think the event was a dumb to begin with and they should make a way for newer clans to obtain the BP.

4 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

An operation exclusive that only certain clans could get, and a majority of tenno would give out the BP for free.

bad move DE

So, new players should have to rely on the graces of particular clans who may then charitably bestow upon them the weapon out of the kindness of their hearts?

Good joke.  The Ignis Wraith should be earnable as well as given charitably.  Both should exist as options.

• Like 1

lol Some guy gave me 5 Ignis Wraith BP for free once. Ignis W being a big meta weapon means everyone and their grandmas are running around with it all the time, not exactly a weapon that makes you an unique snowflake. 

Edited by Warhydra

We at Coup de Grace give it away to clan members of our various dojos for free and kick anyone trying for access to the Ghost dojo that has it, trying to sell them for plat in trade chat. I have no problem with Baro bringing it, our score is still on the leaderboards regardless. Same goes for the upcoming event, I care about the leaderboard, not the trinket exclusivity.

• Like 2

I don't get it, many clans have it as a policy to give the BP away to anyone who asks, Heck every Youtuber when it comes to "what you should spend your ducats on this weeks Baro" always, ALWAYS say to skip the Ignis Wraith, why you ask? Because it's a bad weapon? Because it's overpriced? Nope!

Because going to the trade chat and asking politely if anyone could give you one will net you a free BP in under 5 minutes...

That's how I got mine, game the good Samaritan a "Charged Bullet" mod for being so nice, he had a queue going to hand out the BPs.

This is not an exclusive weapon, not because DE made it something you can buy from Baro, but because the community refused to make it so and will gladly share.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

So, how do you feel about players like me, who gives out the Ignis BP for free?   Am I devaluing your effort?

And I don't just give out 1 BP, I make use of the entire trade.  Anyone who asks gets 6 BP's, for the low cost of whatever they want to put in on their side.

On a serious note though, this is well known behavior; bringing event weapons back in a manner that makes them accessible to the rest of the player base who didn't get it the first time it came out.  This is also not the first time the Ignis Wraith has been in Baro's inventory.  

That's the funny part.

Apparently they give it out for free too.

They are literally complaining about another source of giving it away for free.

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

Virtually every Wraith/Vandal weapon started out being distributed in a time-limited operation or as part of some other now-inaccessible event, and most of these weapons end up in Baro's shop, so why should the Ignis Wraith be any different? Moreover, if the item can already be obtained in several ways, who's getting hurt by this additional option?

Because it’s research is available To the clans that ranked the highest in the event. So it’s still available to everybody. 

And putting it in Baros shop just creates an opportunity for people to waste their ducats and credits on something they can get for free.

Ignis Wraith should’ve just been a Baro item on Switch or they re-release the Pacifism Defect on Switch and slow their clans to get the research.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

4 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

bad move DE

No its mainly for the switch people now. Most of them dont have the option to get it because a lot of clans are not ready. This is the reason why Baro has it. Its nothing for PC but a lot for Switch Players.

15 minutes ago, Warhydra said:

If anything I think a better argument for Barro not to sell Ignis Wraith bp, would be so people wont wast their ducats. 

But they're getting a fully built item, ready to go, no waiting needed. 

With the blueprint they have to, typically, farm up some margins and then wait several hours. 

7 hours ago, --RV--Cannibal said:

*Disclaimer*: This is is not about item exclusivity as much as it is about vets getting spit in the face once more

The Ignis Wraith in on sale at the moment from Baro for the second time and quite frankly I find this insulting, the clans who got this weapon earned it by placing in the top 10% in a official DE event. I am not complaining for the sake of keeping it exclusive, I am complaining for that fact that it is more of a "#*!% you" to veterans that worked their absolute hardest in that event. Content that was created as a reward for those who put as much work in as possible is now being handed out like common trash. Whilst RV (Remnants of the Void) give out the weapon blueprint for free (and maybe others but I cannot speak for them), a lot of people still find it insulting and it begs the question, will the upcoming event do exactly the same? Will Baro end up selling the new weapons that the top clans will get as research? the newest weapon we got was the Prisma Grinlok (I think), instead of giving out weapons people fought hard to earn, take advantage of the Prisma and make better weapon variants. This has happened twice now where Baro also sold a skin that was also from one of the official events. It just seems like you're making a clan's achievement worthless.

Some people may think i'm "Crying" about this but that's no the point, it's making the clans who have the research useless and will inflate the price.

Me and Exotic have created a thread each about this, but they have been merged together by a moderator.

Seriously just stop. 

I'm a solo clan and I have a event score of 800. If you know anything about that awful event 800 points was well over 3 hours continuously. 

Guess what my reward was?

Nothing. Now that's a kick in the face. But I'm ok with that. It's DE choice to say FU solo guys. 

So FFS go back to being salty somewhere else you look so foolish about this.

• Like 4

Can the complaints here on the forums get anymore silly after this?

For Hels sake! People have been handing them out for free for years and you complain that people can buy it from Baro at a cost higher than that of people selling the BP? What the flark is going on in your heads?

Well atleast thanks for the good laughs! Made my friday to see how petty people can actually get.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 6