Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Pack Leader available on all Platforms

Marcooose

Bad choice to make a Primed of it in my opinion, my Kubrow and kavats builds don't even have Pack Leader at full rank and it's good enough to heal them, also with Primed Animal Instinct, there is just no space in my Kubrow 8 forma build(Maul, Bite, Link Armor, Link Health...).
What pets lack is a mod to make up for using squish frames/builds with them.

6 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

not every weapon is gonna do it in one hit, might even take 2 lul, besides do you really want a copper mod? smh

Every weapon I use does it in one hit. I see no reason to use a melee weapon that deals less than 200k damage, which translates to 72K HP for your pet using the regular mod.

No pet can reach 72K HP even with Inaros.

Prime mods are supposed to be noticeable improvements over the original. This is not. If it could at least now be used in Sentinels or work with Primary/Secondary then I'd say it is a noticeable upgrade even if it remained at 36%.

Waste of Endo otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Every weapon I use does it in one hit. I see no reason to use a melee weapon that deals less than 200k damage, which translates to 72K HP for your pet using the regular mod.

Prime mods are supposed to be noticeable improvements over the original. This is not. If it could at least now be used in Sentinels or work with Primary/Secondary then I'd say it is a noticeable upgrade even if it remained at 36%.

Waste of Endo otherwise.

well, lets see how will evetything will stay with melee 3.0.

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Waste of Endo otherwise.

I'll waste those ducats and endo, and when you're leveling a sheev, you'll know that it would have been better in this one case 😜

10 minutes ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

Bad choice to make a Primed of it in my opinion, my Kubrow and kavats builds don't even have Pack Leader at full rank and it's good enough to heal them, also with Primed Animal Instinct, there is just no space in my Kubrow 8 forma build(Maul, Bite, Link Armor, Link Health...).

they can use the sentinel ones, but their baase stats aren't really helpfull. 
I really wsh that kobrow collar had slots for mods, kavcats can still be usefull without damage mods and survive a lot, bu kubrow don't have this luck

21 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

I'll waste those ducats and endo, and when you're leveling a sheev, you'll know that it would have been better in this one case 😜

Unlikely. I only used my Sheev for MR points and I'm never touching it again. Same as any other melee weapon that doesn't deal 200k damage on its own in general regardless of the frame you're using.

You do you though. Your Ducats and Endo are your own.

5 hours ago, Madway7 said:

I know it wasn't meant to be released yet but I hope it gets buffed. Atm healing is easy enough with regular pack leader so a prime isn't necessary or even useful.

Was hoping since the incomplete text implied that it was a 2 way lifesteal link it would have been the case and be be useful as a result, but it was just that, incomplete text. 

Regardless, thanks for releasing it on all platforms despite it being a mistake.

4 hours ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Waste of Endo otherwise.

All this. It was a waste of a mod to prime in my opinion as well. Mod capacity is already pretty limited on companions and the normal pack leader is good enough as is. I bought it in case there were going to be any improvements on it in the future but won't be wasting any endo or credits upgrading it.

6 hours ago, Madway7 said:

I know it wasn't meant to be released yet but I hope it gets buffed. Atm healing is easy enough with regular pack leader so a prime isn't necessary or even useful.

Was hoping since the incomplete text implied that it was a 2 way lifesteal link it would have been the case and be be useful as a result, but it was just that, incomplete text. 

Regardless, thanks for releasing it on all platforms despite it being a mistake.

Agreed. The normal one is already sufficient for the pet and only the pet, arguably you didn't even need to max it for it to be good enough, primed one isn't really worth anything. It being two way seems unlikely but I'd actually rank it up then.

Might as well want to address the fact that some companions builds are impossible even with 8 forma.

Also, the mod is kind of... well, inconvenient. Pets gets healed 100% health with 1 decent melee basic attack with  normal Pack Leader anyways. So yeah, primed version is shiny and nice but it's as good as primed ammo mutation mods.

So is the text 100% wrong? I see a lot of people saying it is not 66% lifesteal link but instead it's lifesteal link for pet only and only melee damage on a enemy will regen your pet.   

If this is true then what's the point? regular pack leader already regens your pet to cap in a second with a melee hit. 

Can a member of DE either confirm the text is wrong or confirm text is correct and it'll be changed to reflect the text on the mod? thanks.

Like seriously,is this safe to buy? i'd sure like to know what i'm spending my ducats on.

If this mod is working as intended, I'm curious as to why it was made. Like, what specific purpose does it serve / what inspired Priming it?

Amusing that it shows up right after Primed Animal Instinct, a mod that many people consider a must-have and are very happy to see Primed - yet this one is possibly one of the top 10 mods that never needed to be primed at all.

A strange way to create a balance if that's the intention.

2 hours ago, (PS4)grevenilvec75 said:

Tennocon Baro relay will bring it if you want to buy the ticket.

I am well aware of it. But Its not worth $25 if that was the solo reason for getting a ticket. The point is it was drop from baro's item rotation.

11 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Baro accidentally brought with him Primed Pack Leader.

Can we consider that the thing getting Primed was an accident as well?

It's borderline useless seeing how a normal Pack Leader is more than enough to heal your pet unless you're running with an unmodded melee weapon and an Extinguished Dragon Key on top of it. 

9 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Can we consider that the thing getting Primed was an accident as well?

It's borderline useless seeing how a normal Pack Leader is more than enough to heal your pet unless you're running with an unmodded melee weapon and an Extinguished Dragon Key on top of it. 

I’ve been told that pack leader is bugged and runs in reverse as well (meaning companion attacks can heal you). But if it’s intentional and your pet somehow is a godslayer then it could be worth it

12 hours ago, Zyga21 said:

not every weapon is gonna do it in one hit, might even take 2 lul, besides do you really want a copper mod? smh

Nope. Properly modded normal (which means none of the outdated low tier weapons like Cronus) weapons always heals the pet in 1 hit.

3 hours ago, Jangkrik said:

Nope. Properly modded normal (which means none of the outdated low tier weapons like Cronus) weapons always heals the pet in 1 hit.

Yeah, when it isn't killed in 1 hit from fully healed condition. :D

18 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Got to admit, as nice as this mod is we're starting to have mod fitment issues for companions....

There's no way I'm willing to 'modify' my builds to even consider adding in the elemental mods, so wasted mods, same goes for tek mods (apart from maybe tek enhance) and I'm pretty sure I'll need to forma my last slot (already done like 8 forma...) so prime pack leader will even fit in my current builds...

I wouldn't even say I've got an excessively overkill build as it's more about survivability and utility than pure offensive abilities.

edit: just checked my builds and funnily enough I don't even use pack leader on most of the builds because I don't have space for it...

PS.... any idea when we're getting those new kavat breeds that have been mentioned in devstreams?

Utility mods just offer more value compared to offensive ones. Poor general offensive stats make matters worse. Barely worth adding still other options which are stronger. I started to ditch shield mods due being weaker. 

Archived