[DE]Helen

The Jovian Concord Coming This Week!

Posted (edited)

Well, color me 100% hyped!

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Aero Mod Set
Set Bonus: Damage enemies while Aim Gliding and put up to 5 of them to Sleep on landing.

• • Motus Signal - Warframe: Increase Double Jump strength by +200%
  • • Motus Setup - Shotgun: +100% Critical Chance and Status Chance for 4 secs after landing from a Double or Bullet Jump
  • • Motus Impact - Melee: Increase range of aerial melee attacks by +2m

• Proton Pulse - Warframe: Wall Dashing grants + 200% Bullet Jump Speed
  • Proton Jet - Rifle: During a Wall Latch gain +50% Critical Chance and Status Chance

• Gale Kick - Warframe: 100% of Melee Damage converted to Impact Damage on Jump Kick, knocking down nearby enemies on kill.
  • Anti-Grav Array - Robotic: Increase height of owner’s jump by +40%
  • Odomedic - Robotic: Every 3m traversed by Wall Running regenerates +40 Health over 4s. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

These looks bloody amazing!
THIS is how set mods should be done. They're niche and encourage a specific (and new) playstyle, but they're powerful enough for that playstyle to be perfectly viable. Motus Setup, Proton Pulse, and especially the Aero Mod Set look to be gamechangers for sure.

My god. If the Aero set's Sleep debuff functions like the Blind/Sleep/Pacify/etc abilities (regarding stealth bonuses), then I am officially drooling all over my desk.

On the other side of the spectrum:

Proton Mod Set
Set Bonus: During a Wall Latch gain 17% Damage Reduction

that's never going to outweigh the damage received from staying in one spot
seriously who comes up with these numbers

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

The Occucor / Battacor almost look "crude" compared to these weapons. 🤔

Perhaps to suggest that the Corpus continued iterating on their weapon designs, and now they integrated even more Sentient tech into their own?

Looking forward to the update (especially the Ropa' fight)! 😉

59 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Kavat's Grace - Warframe: Resist Hard Landings from falling at speeds of up to 40m/s

Is this rlly a thing????

Hard Landings can be easily avoided by sliding or rolling when reaching the ground.

This Mod is complete senseless! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

vor 1 Minute schrieb -TSA-Swaggi:

Is this rlly a thing????

Hard Landings can be easily avoided by sliding or rolling when reaching the ground.

wich of them makes even a sences 😂

Just now, Suiru said:

wich of them makes even a sences 😂

True! it's more like "nice to have" gimmicks and most of them are barely worth a mod slot but especially this one top all of them xD

"but 2FA is now required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno."

That's a yikes from me, Chief.

I respect DE's decision and I hope this helps get rid of tainted platinum but I wish it didn't come to that.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Suiru said:

Motus is good for shotgun but ònly for 4s. after double jump or bulletjump? i better mod something more usefull for my shotgun than this one.

You realize that higher leveled areas require you to stay mobile to consistently reduce damage, right? Double jumping and bullet jumping are things you will do constantly in those situations.

• Like 3

Oh, man, those mods. It really feels like DE fears making players overpowered. Because that would mean we'll have too much fun, right?

I suppose, nothing really interesting until TennoCon. Wasn't hypes for this update, but at least thought, that Ropalolyst will give some good rewards. But Wisp looks just... meh.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Loving everything about this update, and the new logo... 😮

P.S. I'm laughing at some of the whining here 🤣

Edited by Yahzee
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, -TSA-Swaggi said:

Is this rlly a thing????

inb4 de make rolling or sliding no longer avoid hard landings

• Haha 1

Wait, do we get the Fae Ephemera after the update or can we get it now? I don't have an inbox message.

Posted (edited)

redesigned Gas City of Jupiter,

Beautiful work. Cant wait to run around tiles designed to make full use of warframe movement.

New Enemy Type: Amalgams

New Game Mode: Disruption

New enemies should be fun. Amalgams look very interesting and most of the new Vallis enemies are pretty well done so looking forward to it. Disruption puts a nice twist on the good ol mobile defense. Did like what I saw on the devstream yesterday.

Beward the Ropalolyst

Hope it's worth my while... or at the least a fun fight like Exploiter.

Wisp, the Ethereal Warframe

Base stats please...

Here's hoping reservoirs and breach surge have a metric ton of duration because that's already 4 buffs to upkeep and we all know how fun that is *cough harrow cough*

Faster mode-switch when used by Wisp

Always nice to see DE exploring different stats to tweak. Perhaps a mod in the future that speeds up all secondary fire actions regardless of what they do?

Komorex

Clearly the in the grim dark future of the new war the corpus no longer go prone. Very interesting properties on the zoom in-out. Much more so than the flat damage buffs we have so far. And a sniper with a supposedly big magazine with base toxic? oooooo

Cyanex
Sentient tech merges with Corpus design to deliver this lethal sidearm. Fully automatic, it fires ricocheting, homing projectiles that release small clouds of Gas on impact. Alt-fire to release the remaining clip in a single burst.

So let me get this straight. The primary fire is full auto except we can control it. But the alt fire is ALSO full auto except we cant control it? Or is the alt fire shotgun mode?

Aero Mod Set
Set Bonus: Damage enemies while Aim Gliding and put up to 5 of them to Sleep on landing.

• Aero Vantage - Warframe: +100% Reduced Gravity during Aim Glide
  • Aero Agility - Sniper Rifle: +100% Reload Speed during Aim Glide
  • Aero Periphery - Primary: -50% Zoom during Aim Glide

Ugh. Descriptions are so vague. Hate it.

Periphery: straight trash. No one in their right mind is going to replace a damage mod for negative zoom if they have a choice. And lets face it. With primaires like the Ignis, Opticor, Arca Plasmor, Catchmoon, and Staticor. Aim is at best, a recommendation.

Suggestion: see set effect suggestions

Vantage... -100% gravity? Does this mean the warframe floats as long as they hold down aim glide? So infinite floating? That's....potentially interesting. That's going to be almost mandatory on Wisp and fulfill the gear check for the X headshot in aimglide riven challenge if its the case. Or does it just mean instead of dropping, aim glide now shoots us straight forward at its slow-ish speed. If its the latter effect. Trash.

Suggestion: Please make it the former.

Agility... Biiiiig reload speed. I can see it replacing primed fast hands on most of my snipers or used to free up Arcane Momentum.

Set effect: "damage enemies" yet no damage stats given. Not a good sign. Likely wont scale past lv 50, wont even tickle grineer. Where is the sleep radius stat? The sleep is probably where it's at but given that one of the set is pure trash it could stand to be a bit stronger by 2-3 enemies at full effect.

Suggestion: Change "damage enemies" to +90% multiplicative damage while aim gliding at full set strength. Keep Sleep enemies on landing.

Motus Mod Set
Set Bonus: Chance to become immune to Knockdown effects while airborne.

• • Motus Setup - Shotgun: +100% Critical Chance and Status Chance for 4 secs after landing from a Double or Bullet Jump

Signal: I have no idea what double jump strength means. Very likely trash. Between normal parkour and void dash we got all the mobility we need.

Suggestion: Enemies struck by a bullet jump/double jump loses 90% armor/shields for 5 seconds. This will synergize better with Setup AND be useful to the team as a whole.

Setup: Very interesting. Will probably get some use out of it. Going to see a lot of warframes bouncing around randomly once update drops.

Impact: For now. Trash. 2m is nothing. Wont replace a damage mod, wont replace primed reach. I can maybe see this becoming somewhat useful in the future if air combo or juggling is implemented.

Suggestion: After landing from double jump or bullet jump, the next 4 attacks have a 100% chance to apply bleed and impact procs.

Set bonus: Trash. Rolling RNG to decide if you can skip the CC or get knocked on your behind for a few seconds is bad design. The condition of "while in the air" is too specific of a situation to be consistently useful.

Suggestion: Make it a viable alternative to handspring (ex. 50/100/150% knockdown recovery speed). That will turn heads.

Proton Mod Set
Set Bonus: During a Wall Latch gain 17% Damage Reduction

• Proton Pulse - Warframe: Wall Dashing grants + 200% Bullet Jump Speed
  • Proton Jet - Rifle: During a Wall Latch gain +50% Critical Chance and Status Chance
  • Proton Snap - Melee: Hold Wall Latch for 2s to gain increased Toxin Damage and Status Chance for a limited time.

Pulse: dont see myself ever using this. Current parkour + void dash is more than sufficient. No flex slots in vast majority of warframe builds and even if there was there are much better options than a mobility mod.

Suggestion: change to +++wall latch time. So at the very least it synergizes with the set.

Jet: Is that additive or multiplicative? If it's additive its going to turn some heads. If multiplicative, trash. Is it for all weapons? Or just rifle?

Snap: Cant tell from description. Need stats. Could be interesting alternative to virulent scourge

Set Bonus: pure trash. Make it 90% damage reduction at full effect that persists for 15s after touching the ground. Go big or go home.

Additional New Mods

• Kavat's Grace - Warframe: Resist Hard Landings from falling at speeds of up to 40m/s
  • Gale Kick - Warframe: 100% of Melee Damage converted to Impact Damage on Jump Kick, knocking down nearby enemies on kill.
  • Anti-Grav Array - Robotic: Increase height of owner’s jump by +40%
  • Odomedic - Robotic: Every 3m traversed by Wall Running regenerates +40 Health over 4s. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Kavat's Grace: Trash. So many ways to avoid hard landing without needing to waste a precious mod slot.

Suggestion: Exilus mod. +100% knockdown recovery speed, +100% stagger recovery speed.

Gale Kick: the "on kill" condition ruins the mod. Change it to "on impact". Also again, no radius is provided despite that being a critical stat. I recommend minimum radius 10-15m at max stat.

Anti-Grav Array: meh. I'll probably slot it because I have nothing better to slot.

Odomedic: interesting... I'll definitely slot it if theres nothing better.

Enable Two-Factor Authentication on PC

Heck yeah!

Edited by ADirtyMonk
  • Upvote 1

Super excited for this one. Love the look of Wisp, the new weapons and Gale Kick is gonna be fun on Baruuk! Hopefully the clan event isn't too strenuous on us solo bois.

• Upvote 1

lol

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

@[DE]Helen does this update add new frames to conclave? Revenant and any of the newest frames haven't been rebalanced for it yet, so players like me who don't really like the mind numbing PvE but love the fast paced action from PvP have no reason to bother with getting new frames.

lol

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to trying Wisp.  I just like her look a lot, and that of her gun.  Very old-school sci-fi look, like a Tusken Raider or something.  Some of the other weapons and mods intrigue me as well.

Overall looks like I'll have a lot to do when this comes out.  Some of the mods are pretty 'meh', though I do tend to spend a lot of time airborne or stuck to walls as-is, so perhaps I'll find some uses for them.  Maybe an excuse to dust Zephyr off, though I imagine Wisp herself will be able to make good use of them as well.

Edited by Sardekar

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Enable Two-Factor Authentication on PC

Increase security for your Warframe account by enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Account Management page! Not only does this help prevent unauthorized access, but 2FA is now required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno. Once 2FA is enabled, you'll receive the Fae Path Ephemera via in-game inbox message!

If you already have 2FA enabled, log in anytime to check your inbox and claim your Fae Step Ephemera. For more information, please see the FAQ!

40 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Wait, do we get the Fae Ephemera after the update or can we get it now? I don't have an inbox message.

With how it's worded, it seems like you can get it now, but I enabled it and didn't get the Fae Step Ephemera in my inbox. 😞

Aero Mod Set

• Aero Vantage - Warframe: +100% Reduced Gravity during Aim Glide
  • Aero Agility - Sniper Rifle: +100% Reload Speed during Aim Glide
  • Aero Periphery - Primary: -50% Zoom during Aim Glide

Unless the set bonus is changed to: put enemies to sleep for 10 seconds in a 15-meter radius at max rank, no one is going to use this.

Also, it would be cool if  Aero Vantage gave +100% reduced gravity and + jump height(going along with the vantage theme)

• Like 1

Oh, I font know if I have mod space for Kavats grace, but that Anti-Gravy (Yes I know it says anti Grav array) Mod I can probably use somewhere on a newly made frame

17 minutes ago, Memorii said:

With how it's worded, it seems like you can get it now, but I enabled it and didn't get the Fae Step Ephemera in my inbox. 😞

Thinking it's probably when the update drops as that particular Ephenera is probably not coded in yet.

Motus Mod Set
Set Bonus: Chance to become immune to Knockdown effects while airborne.

The set bonus must be: 100% immune to knockdowns at max rank while airborne. It would give the set purpose and actual MOD STRENGTH. People would use it for something because it could be used for something because it would be reliable. RNG POWERS/MODS SUCK, people won't use them.

the rest of the set makes no sense, having 2 mods that focus on the gimmick, that being meleeing in the air and the increased doubled jumping, then 1 mod that has an entirely different goal at the end, one that happens to be on the ground where the set bonus has no effect, and for a highly insignificant amount of time I might add.

• Upvote 1