[DE]Helen

The Jovian Concord Coming This Week!

While the mods look interesting, I don't see any room for them on my warframe, weapons or companions.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb [DE]Helen:

Defeat the Ropalolyst to earn our 40th Warframe.

And this is why I got myself some plat instead.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Also one more thing - speaking of parkour mods - one thing I really want to see is a mod that allows you to maintain a certain % of your prior speed when performing a bullet jump, stacking it ontop of your current momentum (as opposed to always resetting to your bullet jump speed when you perform the maneuver). This would honestly make parkour feel so much more physical and reactive. The ceiling for creativity and skill would go way up for this maneuver.

Like for example - I don't know if any of yall ever drop out of archwing at full boost just to slide half a mile across the plains - but it's quite a lot of fun. But it's a bit of a buzzkill when you are going 80kmph across a nice flat plane and then you hit the jump button and instantly you slow down to 15-20kmph. Very jarring. 

Looking over the wiki which might be out of date - f3et01.png isnt this technically inaccurate? From what I understand after reading many topics on this mechanic, bullet jump has two speeds - executing from standstill or while moving. Like I could be wrong, but I think that's essentially accurate - so it's less the fact that you are sliding, and more the fact that you are moving at all. Pretty sure you get the same slight boost if you execute your jump mid-air instead if you were flying forward already (perhaps after a sprint into a regular jump). 

Edited by Gnohme

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

i don't live on a Phone, i barely even do anything with Cellular service.
if you're going to force me to use the joke that is 2FA, it had better be something i can authorize one time and not every time i try to operate the game. otherwise it's just adding an extra couple minutes to my trying to use the game, or potentially just making me unable to login anymore.

if 2FA will necessitate some form of Authenticator app, then i can't login to the game.
i don't really appreciate being forced into inconveniences for a false sense of security when i'm already a computer expert and i know what i'm doing when i always decide i don't want to use Authenticators.

telling me i'll get some item for using a system that i'm almost entirely unable to use doesn't encourage me to use it, either.

Steam already gets in the way with making using its services slow and hard to use by insisting on 2FA that is very difficult for me to use.

- - - - - 

also, that Crit Chance / Status Chance Mod is just permanent bonuses for Shotguns because Bullet Jumps and Double Jumps are used extremely frequently when moving in Warframe?
probably want to rethink that one because it's just a direct upgrade for Shotguns.
the rest are interesting though.

and dogs following it around, occasionally nudging it with their nose and barking at it?
🙂

I tested to enable it and the 2FA is similar to Steam Guard. You verify that you want it, attempt to log in to the game, the game will send(after like 2-3 min) you a code to your registered e-mail, in which you use to be able to log in that one time. Since then, I haven't been in need of writing a new code every time I log in, so it will potientially remember your IP and location, so for most of the time its just gonna be a once-process. You should be fine.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Yousho said:

I'm so, so curious as to why DE seem to be obsessed with restricting already bad things sometimes. Like Cautious Shot... What exactly are they afraid of happening if they make it 100%

Because the Tonkor meta existed and there's plenty of options for non-self-damaging weapons. Frankly DE shouldn't be wasting time trying to pacify the vocal minority with Cautious at all.

Self damage is a thing. Making it 100% irrelevant should not be.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

@[DE]Helen does this update add new frames to conclave? Revenant and any of the newest frames haven't been rebalanced for it yet, so players like me who don't really like the mind numbing PvE but love the fast paced action from PvP have no reason to bother with getting new frames.

Get out of my swamp

32 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Because the Tonkor meta existed and there's plenty of options for non-self-damaging weapons. Frankly DE shouldn't be wasting time trying to pacify the vocal minority with Cautious at all.

Self damage should not have been a thing in the first place. 

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

If you're just ever adding more mods you should consider adding more mod slots in our equipment too.... 

Edited by slotschii
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, slotschii said:

Self damage should not have been a thing in the first place. 

False. The Tonkor showed us how utterly miserable and devoid of diversity the game can be with powerful and risk-free ordnance chuckers.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah while it can be mildly frustrating when I accidentally blast my teammate in the back point blank with the Ogris and end up one-shotting myself, I don't mind just applying a bit of tactical forethought before letting loose my load. It makes that successful shot all the more satisfying. 

Edited by Gnohme

I believe many do not know and DE isn't going to state these things.

If you enable 2FA and you lose your account because you were careless and made the mistake of using weak passwords, the same passwords everywhere or simply by telling the password, the suspicious activity ban or the ban applied after the account is used for example to sell platinum on the black market, the account will become permanently banned.

Before 2FA, support could recover your account and undo damage, this takes time, they might ask questions to you and in the end you could simply be a warframe account seller trying to get the account back, the doubt was always in the air.

To erase this and make things really fast to handle, they will now check if you have 2FA (and yes, you will likely do so), if you lose control of both the warframe account and the email, your account will be banned forever, if you ask support why, it won't really matter.

If you sold your account, you're banned

If you were careless with account info, you're banned

This already existed, but not everyone enabled 2FA, so illecit trades and illecit account recovery were a thing, now if you're going to enable 2FA, please make sure you have secure passwords and do not reveal them to anyone, doing so is a time bomb waiting to happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Seems like something that would be easily fixable by just balancing the weapon. Infact, it has been somewhat. The Tonkor basically doesn't do self damage now anyway, unless you actively try to run into the blast - and you don't exactly see people using it commonly.

And neither my Tonkor, nor my Secura Penta, both with awesome rivens, even preform that well against higher level enemy armour. 

Self damage isn't doing anything for the power of these weapons, it's just making then annoying. Even at 100% Cautious Shot probably still wouldn't be strictly worth a mod slot, because these weapons just don't out preform other AoE options.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Yousho said:

Seems like something that would be easily fixable by just balancing the weapon. Infact, it has been somewhat. The Tonkor basically doesn't do self damage now anyway, unless you actively try to run into the blast - and you don't exactly see people using it commonly.

And neither my Tonkor, nor my Secura Penta, both with awesome rivens, even preform that well against higher level enemy armour. 

Self damage isn't doing anything for the power of these weapons, it's just making then annoying. Even at 100% Cautious Shot probably still wouldn't be strictly worth a mod slot, because these weapons just don't out preform other AoE options.

See my thread on the matter here. That's a common argument against self-damage and, essentially, you've got the cause and effect the wrong way around. DE can't/won't make the explosives competitive because people are complaining about self-damage and because people aren't even satisfied with Cautious Shot yet.

There's other options with no self-damage, and good reward. If people didn't complain about the risk, and/or that risk was scaled a little better, then risky/rewarding explosives with a greater output can be permitted. But this all is mildly derailing from the Jovian thread so if you want to discuss more, welcome to head over there and discuss about it.

• Haha 1

On 2019-05-17 at 6:27 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Enable Two-Factor Authentication on PC

Increase security for your Warframe account by enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Account Management page! Not only does this help prevent unauthorized access, but 2FA is now required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno. Once 2FA is enabled, you'll receive the Fae Path Ephemera via in-game inbox message!

If you already have 2FA enabled, log in anytime to check your inbox and claim your Fae Step Ephemera. For more information, please see the FAQ!

So, I assume we're getting that Ephemera with the update, right? Cause I haven't gotten it yet, even though I had 2FA on since it was introduced.

14 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, I assume we're getting that Ephemera with the update, right? Cause I haven't gotten it yet, even though I had 2FA on since it was introduced.

Yes

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nechiku said:

How long will last the operation ?

For a week I guess , saw it on Reb & Meg's nav consoles in latest Prime Time.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

False. The Tonkor showed us how utterly miserable and devoid of diversity the game can be with powerful and risk-free ordnance chuckers.

And the fact that almost no one uses explosive weapons or Thunderbolt shows us self damage is a bad thing. If we're going to have self damage on explosive weapons, we should also have self damage on Ignis, Amprex, Atomos, Sonicor, Staticor, Scourge, Corinth, Ember's World on Fire, Rhino's Stomp, and other weapons, mods, and powers that have a explosive radius or innate heat damage.

Removing self damage doesn't bring these weapons to god tier, they bring them up to the levels of other used weapons. Instead of just using Opticor for high damage, I may decide to take Penta or Zarr for a spin. Instead of Rubico to kill a boss, I may take Penta or Kulstar. The last time I've used an explosive weapons seriously was when I was Defy~I mean Wukong. Cautious Shot is trash, and it doesn't make me want to use explosive weapons, since I have to waste a mod slot. Band-Aid mods aren't useful. People don't use Warm Coat, they use Arcane Warmth. If someone needs sprint speed, they don't turn to Rush, they turn to Armored Agility and/or Amalgam Serration. And if I want to use explosive weapons, I don't use Tonkor, I use Staticor. It really seems like DE doesn't like the idea of Band-Aids and self damage either, as they have been slowly phasing them out. Tonkor was 16.4 and Staticor was 18.4. Warm Coat was 8, Arcane Enhancements were 16. Handspring was 7, Atlas was 17, and Valkyr got her passive around 17 as well. We use to have Stamina Bars for Melee and Sprinting, now we don't. Things change, and it's time for self damage to change as well.

• Applause 2

1 hour ago, Hawk197 said:

((bunch of false dichotomy/false equivalence))

Things change, and it's time for self damage to change as well.

Change, yes. Remove, no. We had the Tonkor, we saw what it did, and the result - never had the grenade-launcher moniker of 'noob tube' been more apt.

I still see people rocking the Lenz. Which has self damage. Zarr, too. Kulstar isn't so good since they tinkered with its firing mechanics but I still enjoy mine.
The Staticor isn't even an explosive... It's an AOE weapon... but distinctly not an explosive. That's not 'phasing' something out. Totally different. The Tonkor... was just a critical mistake that we all paid for, which they rectified, unfortunately,  at the cost of every other launcher too - remember auto-headshots? Yeah, they used to all do twice the damage before Tonkor's crit base ruined it because of the extra 'headcrit' on top of it all. Self-damage is here to stay.

Thunderbolt is unused (mostly) because of a lack of real output. Similarly, Concealed Explosives are memes except when used for the self-damage.
But because entitled people complain about joyriding a rocket two inches from the target and oh look it killed you, who would have possibly thought, the weapons aren't being given the damage they deserve (besides the Lenz) while DE is busy scratching heads trying to figure out how to make them stop complaining without just pandering to them and resurrecting the Noob Tube Meta.

Risk/reward weapons aren't for everyone, stop trying to make them be for everyone at the cost of them being competitively relevant for the people who actually might want to play with them.

Also what was that warm coat / arcane warmth supposed to even mean, they don't even do anything functionally comparable

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Guess what... That's why the Catchmoon is the only secondary in the game. And it makes 0 sense to have self damage on that thing. There are other ways to make the game more diverse. 

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Also what was that warm coat / arcane warmth supposed to even mean, they don't even do anything functionally comparable

Maybe I'm thinking of another mod, I don't know. There's some mod that increases resistance to cold effects on shields. Either way the comparison I'm making is this, why band-aid for something minor, when a better band-aid exists? In that regard, Warm Coat, or whatever the mod is called, was phased out because reducing the effects on shields isn't as good as ignoring the effects on shield. Maybe that's not exactly how these two function, I've only ever bothered with Nullify against Orb Mother and Eidolons, but I can't recall any mods that have a similar effect to Nullify, so had to use the next closest thing.

Also, if Staticor isn't a grenade style projectile, why can Fulmination be equipped on it? Fulmination literally says "blast radius", something most people wouldn't use to describe air pressure. And Staticor fulfills the same function in missions, to clear packs of enemies with as little ammo spent as possible. Even if we took this weapon out of the discussion, there's still Scourge, Corinth, Atomos, Amprex, Ignis, Quanta, Torid, Astilla, and maybe a few more weapons I'm forgetting that either describe their shots as "exploding" or is designed to shoot it's projectile in various directions (Like a tesla coil that shoots lightning bolts all around the barrel, or a flamethrower that should be burning you alive as soon as something or someone steps in front of you), as well as powers like Ember's World on Fire, Gara's Splinter Storm, Hildryn's Balrefire, and other powers that leave patches behind, explode when used, or surrounds the player/enemy. DE can't make up their minds about self damage. Maybe Triburos can explain it better than I can, he's already gone in depth a around a year ago on the topic of self damage with the Corinth. But whatever, I'm firmly on the side that self damage should be removed, or at the minimum have them have an innate Cautious Shot. Because as it stands, a Rivenless Opticor Vandal deals 10k less sustained compared to the Tonkor, but I got more range, and no self damage. The advantages of Opticor Vandal far outweights those of Tonkor. And Lenz. Because unless Lenz, I have more than 5 shots, and unlike Tonkor, I have more range. Even if my damage is slightly less, I can deal more damage over a longer period of time, at further ranges. Even if I'm expending 2 to 3 more shots to kill the lv 150 heavy with my Vandal, I'll still have more ammo to use on the next heavy, where you'd have to reload, wait for the explosion, and possibly run around looking for ammo packs or use a restore.

Don't forget that this game is movement based. You'll get charged by a Butcher or Charger, you'll be ducking for cover to avoid getting shredded by a Heavy, doors will lag because of a crumby connection. All things that will lead you to death by self damage. Launcher weapons are meant to be used when you can line a shot up, my Soma Prime is designed so I can walk in front of you and kill the enemy quicker than Lenz can be drawn, shot, and explode.

• Applause 1

В 17.05.2019 в 18:38, Jivy сказал:

i havent got the emphemra yet and it was already enabled pre this forum post

Same thing bro, allready enabled 2FA and have no ephemera.

I want to know how many time of the cyou’s agent contract ? I've had enough of the speech in Chinese server’s BBS(Baidu Post Bar ) ,Some people
 playing your game and still in discredit your reputation