Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Pack Leader not working as intended?

Candianhermit

When i saw the new primed pack leader I got excited , compared to the regular pack leader which only works on melee attack(and who uses melee in 2019? ) i though primed pack leader would work on all weapons and maybe even warframe abilites. Unfortunately its just a 300 ducats thrown in the garbage since it works like the old one and i usually only level a pack leader to 18 percent melee life steal since I find its enough to keep my kitty alive. 

4 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

All Primed mods do the same as their regular counterparts with higher numbers. Why would this not be intended?

I think what OP is getting at is, Prime mods are always a significant upgrade to their non primes. And PPL really isn't. "Except on paper."

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

Wait What about Primed Pack Leader?

Edit: OK picked it up based on the description then upgraded it and tried to decide how to work it into my builds...... then looked up standard Pack Leader..... would have been really nice if they had appended the full description to PPL I probably wouldn't have picked it up but at least I'm in a place where eating 300 Ducats, 40k Endo and ~2.5 million credits wasn't a huge imposition. I'd just have preferred to have been able to have made an educated decision based on a glance at the mod I was purchasing and not having to dig through the Wiki to find out how the vague description on the Primed version actually works. 

Course I guess I could have read through the OP instead of skimming to the "Clearly working as intended" replies. Quickly googling the Primed Pack Leader for which the top post was from DE staff confirming that there was indeed a new Mod at Baro since last I checked. Going to Baro, reading the description that seemed pretty darn strait forward and picking it up based on that. 

Edited by Oreades

16 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

All Primed mods do the same as their regular counterparts with higher numbers. Why would this not be intended?

The regular pack leader specifies that it only works on melee, the primed pack leader does not. 

Its not the end of the world, 300 ducats down the drain. I wouldn't advise anyone buying this primed mod though, might be the most useless primed mod every released. 

10 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Self made expectations. No primed mod has changed its "rules" from the vanilla version.

A Primed ammo mutation still mutants a specific ammo. Primed sure footed is sure footed with a higher %.

No failure on DEs part to append the full description to the new mod, plain and simple. 

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

No failure on DEs part to append the full description to the new mod, plain and simple. 

DEs failure was accidentally releasing the mod at all on console. They released it on PC shortly afterward to be consistent.

Next patch after the mainline will likely have a less WIP card text. But Primes still have yet to change their rules. Seeing a primed Pack Leader, expect Pack Leader.

Just now, Firetempest said:

DEs failure was accidentally releasing the mod at all on console. They released it on PC shortly afterward to be consistent.

Next patch after the mainline will likely have a less WIP card text. But Primes still have yet to change their rules. Seeing a primed Pack Leader, expect Pack Leader.

Yeah but the thing there is, Primed mods aren't like WiP mods. WIP mods are generally new functions all together where as Primed Mods are already pretty much decided. 

To the point that I'd imagine that the easiest/most efficient way to creat a primed mod would be to literally copy paste the the old mod and change a few of it's variables, such as unique ID, background color to silver, total level tiers and total maxed stat value. So the full description would transfer over automatically.  

That said I'm not privy to how their database is set up but I would hope it wouldn't be more complicated than that. 

1 minute ago, Diavoros said:

Primed pack leader is useless, the normal primed pack leader will keep your pet healthy with no effort, there was literally no reason to make this a primed mod other than for bloat.

You're probably right. I must have it though, can't handle the fact that I could have better stats on my cats!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

What about Primed Ammo Mutation?

That has more to do with ammo mutation being bad imo. the issue is that regular pack leader upgraded fully is more than enough to keep your kitty form dying even with inaros+ link health. 

22 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

who doesnt? Melee still has the best scaling damage

Melee = boring. 

At least, going only melee tends to be. 

Regardless, PPL is what it is. Do you need it? Probably not. Is it better? Yes! Is it going to make your pets more survivable? Theoretically, yes. In practical terms, maybe--maybe not. PL is good enough in most situations. 

Nevertheless, it IS better, so why not if you have the means? Also, it's an excuse to use forma and meet that NW mission req. 

Edited by Sloan441
A ?. A?. My kingdom for a ?

1 minute ago, Candianhermit said:

That has more to do with ammo mutation being bad imo. the issue is that regular pack leader upgraded fully is more than enough to keep your kitty form dying even with inaros+ link health. 

Again, this is a totally decent argument. We don't need Primed Pack Leader. I don't even have the regular one on 2/3 of my builds.

I'm so gonna waste 300 ducats on this mod 😃

6 minutes ago, Candianhermit said:

I don't think it's so much Ammo mutation being bad per say, there are a few weapons with ammo economy that is a sufficient dumpster fire to warrant it. Thing is most of the time regular mutation was more than sufficient and when they gave Carrier innate mutation they removed the need for Ammo Mutation mods on weapons all together. 

48 minutes ago, Candianhermit said:

(and who uses melee in 2019? )

most people.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I don't even have the regular one on 2/3 of my builds.

why not it is free sentient companion health (moas can use it to) makes keeping the dogos alive very easy

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

why not it is free sentient companion health (moas can use it to) makes keeping the dogos alive very easy

It uses up a valuable mod slot! On levels my pet can handle itself without getting downed I use mods to make their attacks stronger. On higher levels I use them more for support, so their strength is less important. That's when I feel the need to support them too, and use Pack Leader.

Sure, if I'm not talking about my 7 forma Smeeta, and level a newbie pet, mods like this are very welcome!