Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Odomedic superior to medi-ray?

• Odomedic - Robotic: Every 3m traversed by Wall Running regenerates +40 Health over 4s. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Considering medi ray has a 15 sec cool down, and with Odomedic all I need to do is wall hop 3 times to receive 120 health over 4s (120×3 = 360 health total)? 

Sounds more like the devs trying to give people excuse to use more of the parkour.

Thing is, Medi-Ray is basically passive, and heals by percentage, which is especially great for frames with lots of health like Inaros. This thing sounds like having to find a wall to actually run on, and would benefit squishy frames the most.

We'll have to test it out for ourselves to see.

Edited by KnossosTNC

10 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It says every 3m not every 3 hops. 3m isn't very far. As long as you have a short wall nearby you can activate it but it's going to be significantly more difficult in open rooms and open world map environments. 

Even then it's going to be significantly more annoying to have to activate it manually rather than Medi-Ray's automatic passive heal.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

As long as there are walls to run. A bit pointless in open roams.

Medi-ray is also 12% over 4 sec. Thats 1/4 of the total per second.

+40 Health over 4s sounds a lot like 10 health per second. up to 120 being 30 per second.

For a activated ability. I'd save the slot and just plop a team health.

Edited by Firetempest

Just now, SordidDreams said:

Even then it's going to significantly more annoying to have to activate it manually rather than Medi-Ray's automatic passive heal.

Yeah but it's also going to do a whole heck of a lot more for low-health frames since Medi-ray is a flat 12% while this is a specific amount over time.

Depending on the way it stacks it could stack up to 30 health/s or just be 10 health/s for a longer time. Either way you have a large amount of control over when you use it and I can see it being useful in some of my builds.

7 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It says every 3m not every 3 hops. 3m isn't very far. As long as you have a short wall nearby you can activate it but it's going to be significantly more difficult in open rooms and open world map environments.

I was thinking you probably don't even need to "run" but hop off a wall like object to gain health. To me health pretty much on demand could be better than waiting for Medi ray to cool down. Coarse trying to fit both might be the most optimal. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

As long as there are walls to run. A bit pointless in open roams.

Medi-ray is also 12% over 4 sec. Thats 1/4 of the total per second.

+40 Health over 4s sounds a lot like 10 health per second.

Depends greatly on the frame. Tbh... stacks up to 3 times, its  120 HP.

It will depend on how you are building the frame and how much HP it has. It would be a waste on a frame like Inaros, but on a squishy like Banshee?

Requires testing.

Why run medi ray when there isn't room on sentinels for it anymore and you have operator arcanes namely repair and nourish that do the same thing but better?  Same with this new mod, worse then magus repair and nourish by far because it wastes a slot for a mod that could be improving your warframe abilities.  

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I have it on all both of mine. What are you running instead?

My healing needs came from a triplet of Sanctigris, Arcane Victory and Medi-Ray. That all became obsolete the moment Magus Elevate became a thing. Now, I just spam 6 until I'm full again.

Just now, DoomFruit said:

My healing needs came from a triplet of Sanctigris, Arcane Victory and Medi-Ray. That all became obsolete the moment Magus Elevate became a thing. Now, I just spam 6 until I'm full again.

I run Magus Repair, Medi-Ray, and Arcane Grace all at the same time, which keeps my health topped off nicely most of time time. I just wish Magus Repair would also affect sentinels. Oh well.

• Like 1

Could be okay. It's more of an alternative healing than anything. It's more 'on demand' than medi-ray but you need to do something for it. 

We also do not know how it will work, yet. As in, do we have to properly wall 'run', i.e. 2 hops and then it'll take the distance? Or just hop off wall will trigger it.

I won't use it personally, because my Arcane Victory and Hema are keeping me topped off. And I always run Vazarin, so I can already heal anything on demand. I also don't have room on my Wyrm. 

3 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Sounds more like the devs trying to give people excuse to use more of the parkour.

Thing is, Medi-Ray is basically passive, and heals by percentage, which is especially great for frames with lots of health like Inaros. This thing sounds like having to find a wall to actually run on, and would benefit squishy frames the most.

We'll have to test it out for ourselves to see.

Hunter recovery for the win 🙂

These are the kind of discussions we should be having when new mods come out. We should be like "ohhh is this one worth using?" rather than "throw it on the pile and forget about it". So glad to see a mod thats giving players a second thought about an established meta.

No it wont be worth using over Medi-Ray because swapping in and out of void mode while wearing elevate or repair is just much quicker and far more reliable/beneficial.

This new mod heals a measly 10hp/sec for each 3 meters traveled across a wall, thats alot of traveling to get it up to any acceptable levels of /sec healing. Why do that when you can simply insta heal 40% of your (and everyone elses) max hp with 2 repairs equipped?

edit: Unless DE has a different meaning regarding "40hp over 4sec". Still not worth the delayed heal over what your operator can do.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Not a chance.

Medi passively heals you - you don't even need to know its there, its just working.  Then, when you have that oh sh*t moment, there are all the operator arcanes available with two of them being guaranteed heals.  I promise you there will never be a wall around when you need it to heal yourself - and you'll be dead before you make it 3m.

Worthless.

Medi-Ray is passive and doesn't require me having to stop what I'm doing, it wins just on that.

Add the fact I carry around Magus Repair in case I really need healing and I see no point in Odomedic.

I mean I can get infinite health per second (operator energy permitting off course) while being in void mode and my frame has damage reduction on top of that.

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Why would you waste operator arcanes on healing your warframe?

because nothing heals inaros faster when double arcane grace decides not to proc.  and in general, for any frame knowing that anytime you're in trouble you have a guaranteed get of jail free card is invaluable.

aside from specialized eidolon hunting, why wouldn't you slot one repair in there?

• Like 1