Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Rank Trials are unnecessary and frustrating

KimbaLion

Question

I must agreed with othe peoples on the older threads, who thinks those trials for advance playr lvl are totally unneccessary and very frustrating. I?m still lvl 7 on the game and can't able to pass the "test" for the lvl 8. Also is dam frustrating restart the trial on the 1st platform when you are playing on it. 2nd waiting 24hours is absurde... about the same for making warframes/wespons or pther stuff, timing is ridiculs high.

But return to main question aboutg trials, they're absolutely frustrating and don't add nothing, making many peoples like me too quit the game. I agree to skip them paying credits, or make a free choice to who to make them, giving to willing or more skilled players a bonus in platinum or unique skin/parts if want to make them, and leave to others to advance and keep to playing, without receiving any kind of benefits,

It make the game lesser frustrating and enjoyable to my personal opinion.

Kimba

Based on the wiki, I assume you are referring to a parkour test?

"Movement Test
This test requires players to jump across several platforms, with a varying distance between each one. Shooting the red orbs that appear spawns the next platform. Players have three tries to complete the test; any fall from the platforms counts as a try." - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank#Rank 8

You do know you can practice the mastery tests in the relay in Simaris room?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

Based on the wiki, I assume you are referring to a parkour test?

"Movement Test
This test requires players to jump across several platforms, with a varying distance between each one. Shooting the red orbs that appear spawns the next platform. Players have three tries to complete the test; any fall from the platforms counts as a try." - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank#Rank 8

You do know you can practice the mastery tests in the relay in Simaris room?

I know it, but still there's peoples, who not have that great coordination, also personally I really hate parkouring. Aside that, I've tried the Silmaris Room for make practice, but still is frustrating keep to fails anyway. Three tris are too low and 24hours to wait for make another test try is too high too as time to wait for it,

And I mean the test lvl 7 to lvl 8. Anyway mine was suggestions. Make peoples who plays for fun to choice to make those trials or not, and to the others give a bonus, so everyones is happy.

Yeah maybe it spoils the "fun" of the game and the competitions for advance to new lvl indeed, but let to gains more "occasionals players" and new peoples to join too, instead to make them quit for frustrations.

Quite frankly, if you don't care about the parkour mechanics of the game and refuse to put in the practice to improve, then you're just doing yourself a disservice and don't have much room to complain. There are tons of secret areas hidden throughout the game, shortcuts to bypass enemies (ex: in spy/rescue missions), and performing parkour maneuvers in general just makes you harder to hit. We're space ninjas, not mindless Grineer grunts.

The Mastery Trials exist as a test to make sure you understand the basic mechanics of the game and if they were made optional, it wouldn't fix your problem. What if the next update has rooms that require you to use parkour to scale walls or jump across moving platforms while dodging lasers? Are you going to say that they need to get rid of those rooms just because you think they're too hard? Having a mindset like that means you'll just keep making excuses for why you've failed and that's not a healthy way to approach anything.

As NovusNova said, you can practice trials in the Simulacrum as many times as you want, so do yourself a favor and practice the mechanics that give you trouble. Parkour will become second nature to you, eventually.

Edited by Ailith
  • Like 2

So, whole game should be built around weak players? or what? no,ty. Firstly they want be able to play whole game without any skills or game knowlege, and then we are seeing wukongs with bows in the tridolons hunts. Go and prove that u are USEFUL for ur future mates and that u deserve to play with them. If u cant even make jumps in game where u do such moves 70% of the time - what are u doing here? 

If u cant shoot,jump,move in shooter where u jumping whole game and running - learn how to do this or dont play it, cause its obviously not ur type of a game. 

Edited by Melanholic7
  • Like 2

I passed the test on my first try with no information. There's a starter frame that can, in fact, cheese half of the challenge.

28 minutes ago, KimbaLion said:

I know it, but still there's peoples, who not have that great coordination

Please don't speak for anyone but yourself. There are people with bad coordination, there are people who are heavily disabled, and still manage to complete mastery rank tests. They have to speak for themselves, and not be lumped into a category before they get the chance to prove themselves.

30 minutes ago, KimbaLion said:

Yeah maybe it spoils the "fun" of the game and the competitions for advance to new lvl indeed, but let to gains more "occasionals players" and new peoples to join too, instead to make them quit for frustrations.

This is simply the game not being for you.

• Like 1

They really aren’t Mastery tests, they are proficiency tests - can you handle the fundamental mechanics of the game?

The 24hr delay isn’t that big of a deal as you can continue to gain mastery. The excess mastery is automatically applied to your next level. I think banked up enough for five Mastery Ranks when I first started on Switch.

45 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

there are disabled gamers that are paralyzed from the chest down which are MR 22 that i know of, so if they can do it you can.

oh snap

2 hours ago, KimbaLion said:

I agree to skip them paying credits, or make a free choice to who to make them, giving to willing or more skilled players a bonus in platinum or unique skin/parts if want to make them, and leave to others to advance and keep to playing, without receiving any kind of benefits

Unlike most of this game you have to bring the correct frame or have the skill to make up for the lack of frame. For example most people do spy mission with a stealth class to make things easier. Experience players can bring any frame because they know the map and how to avoid thing.

For this test I would suggest Titania or  Zephyr and just fly over everything. 

As for the 24hr timer. It hurt lower level MR more because they want to gate people from trading day one. Prevents a lot of unwanted accounts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Lol another MR test complaint. Should add this to the forum bingo card.

It’s been about two / three days since the classic MR6 thread. 

My first though being that it’s a duplicate account 😉

OP - there’s no skip button in the real world. Sometimes you have to just keep plugging away until you’re proficient.

5 hours ago, Ailith said:

and performing parkour maneuvers in general just makes you harder to hit.

No it doesn't...

Going invisible makes you harder to hit... There isn't a parkour technique that I know if thats going to make you harder to hit.... the enemies had no issues one shotting me when I was sprinting with volt (332% Ability Strength), Bullet Jumping (including while using two Rank 3 Arcane Consequences), Sliding (basically does nothing), Rolling (75% Damage is great but they can just still kill you after you roll) and Wall Running... which is actually slower than Bullet Jumping. I can string these moves together without issues in different orders provided im not being smooshed  into a tunnel by the level design.... it does nothing...

I've been killed by both Hitscan and Projectile Shooting enemies while doing all those things.

You're not doing your self a disservice by not bothering with mastering it.... at this point you can Parkour just for Style Points... which is what I do.... and then use Arcanes to stay alive and that at the very least still makes parkour fun....

6 hours ago, Ailith said:

The Mastery Trials exist as a test to make sure you understand the basic mechanics of the game and, if they were made optional, it wouldn't fix your problem. What if the next update has rooms that require you to use parkour to scale walls or jump across moving platforms while dodging moving lasers?

Just use Spoiler Mode... Problem Solved.

Believe me when I say I understand your frustration. If it wasn't for the Samaris practice tests I would still be lower mastery. For me it's a love hate relationship with Mastery tests. Watch a few videos and practice until you can get three success in a row. You should then be able to pass.

9 hours ago, KimbaLion said:

I must agreed with othe peoples on the older threads, who thinks those trials for advance playr lvl are totally unneccessary and very frustrating. I?m still lvl 7 on the game and can't able to pass the "test" for the lvl 8. Also is dam frustrating restart the trial on the 1st platform when you are playing on it. 2nd waiting 24hours is absurde... about the same for making warframes/wespons or pther stuff, timing is ridiculs high.

But return to main question aboutg trials, they're absolutely frustrating and don't add nothing, making many peoples like me too quit the game. I agree to skip them paying credits, or make a free choice to who to make them, giving to willing or more skilled players a bonus in platinum or unique skin/parts if want to make them, and leave to others to advance and keep to playing, without receiving any kind of benefits,

Kimba

We have all been through these hard tests and trust me you can do it too with practice. I recommend to carefully optimize your frame/weapons to do each test. Also, there are many youtube videos demonstrating how to pass each one as good references. some even have certain degrees of cheese in it and it’s all part of the ranking up process to earn your Mastery Rank.

From MR7, there will be many more difficult ones to come. As you pass each one, your proficiency in warframe’s movement system and the awareness of where and how enemies are approaching will improve and get better and better. All of that will make you a master in many situations later in game and in many high end missions. 

Finally, practice is the key. Everyone I know needs to first practice some of these tests to pass them. No one does it all without any failures or practices. 

Edited by George_PPS

10 hours ago, Zelmen said:

oh snap

Unlike most of this game you have to bring the correct frame or have the skill to make up for the lack of frame. For example most people do spy mission with a stealth class to make things easier. Experience players can bring any frame because they know the map and how to avoid thing.

For this test I would suggest Titania or  Zephyr and just fly over everything. 

As for the 24hr timer. It hurt lower level MR more because they want to gate people from trading day one. Prevents a lot of unwanted accounts.

I did all tests with Excal,they are not hard nor require a specific frame.

1 hour ago, Wiktoryk said:

I did all tests with Excal,they are not hard nor require a specific frame.

They do... I mean if I were to follow your Logic I could drive a car with my feet and claim they don't require working hands...

That being said some tests do disable your Abilities or theirs just no way to build up energy so the frame you bring winds up not mattering anyway.

the Key to the test if i remeber correctly is the bulletjump if someone dont know that mechanik they fail.
and after knowing that the test is realy easy.

Besides everyone that can go on a relay can test every mastery test by simars may use the quick travel to get to him than up the stairs and choose the test you want to do

Edited by Keiyadan

I am currently MR7, and I had a really hard time with the Terminal Hacking Test for MR 5... I was too slow for the last terminal every time.

I did not know you could use a cipher during this test, so I read about the training room and practised. A lot. A few days later I passed the test, and I really got better at hacking terminals now.

So I see this as a way to get better in this game and get to know some mechanics I am not familiar with yet. I'll see how the MR 8 test will go for me soon... 🙂

• Like 2

hace 18 horas, KimbaLion dijo:

Kimba

You can choose not do it and you will have no benefit O.o ... its kind like you ask .

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

They do... I mean if I were to follow your Logic I could drive a car with my feet and claim they don't require working hands...

That being said some tests do disable your Abilities or theirs just no way to build up energy so the frame you bring winds up not mattering anyway.

I second that all tests can be done with any frame. 

Yes, some tests are easier with certain frames but they are not required. I did all mine with Octavia after getting her at rank 4.

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay
Typo

I tried MR17 months ago, hated it, failed, never bothered with it.

Couple of weeks back bored after no Nightwave missions to do, clicked on it.

Flew through it 1st attempt without preparation or thought.

Quite annoyed at myself for avoiding it. Gained so much experience that next day I still qualified for another MR test. 

Do they serve a purpose? No!

There is no MR segregation, but plenty of good kit locked behind MR, and so all the more reason to level.

But no need to do it straight away, return to it later when your skikk level may have improved.

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

No it doesn't...

Going invisible makes you harder to hit... There isn't a parkour technique that I know if thats going to make you harder to hit.... the enemies had no issues one shotting me when I was sprinting with volt (332% Ability Strength), Bullet Jumping (including while using two Rank 3 Arcane Consequences), Sliding (basically does nothing), Rolling (75% Damage is great but they can just still kill you after you roll) and Wall Running... which is actually slower than Bullet Jumping. I can string these moves together without issues in different orders provided im not being smooshed  into a tunnel by the level design.... it does nothing...

I've been killed by both Hitscan and Projectile Shooting enemies while doing all those things.

You're not doing your self a disservice by not bothering with mastering it.... at this point you can Parkour just for Style Points... which is what I do.... and then use Arcanes to stay alive and that at the very least still makes parkour fun....

Just use Spoiler Mode... Problem Solved.

Terrible advice for a new player. You're literally encouraging them to be lazy which will make them worse at the game. 

• Like 1