Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique enemy Units/AI! (A portion of endgame problem)

Midas

Since 2012-2013 I feel there has been little improvement/changes to the AI. If we were to see some changes on enemy AI (lower level star chart, not fortuna/sentients enemies.) what would you like to see?

I'd be interested in seeing units that take the hit from massive room killers like miasma/spores and negating most of the damage to their teammates. I feel unique AI may be our endgame answer as well (It would be a faculty to state that it is the full answer as more things will need to be done like trials etc...). Units that cover their teammates and require a bit of brute force to mo down, then you get to the weaker units. Or Units that signal their teammates to gather under a enemy nullifier IF the player is spaming a ability/melee weapon.

Few more examples include:

• Units that buff their teammates
  • Crowd Control enemy units that cc you into place hard
  • Units that punish player's upon killing them (debuff/status procs) more effectively (not just gas clouds).

The list goes on!

So I ask, what kind of theoretical Units would you like to see? Any ideas you've been dreaming of?

Edited by Midas
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Midas said:

I'd be interested in seeing units that take the hit from massive room killers like miasma/spores and negating most of the damage to their teammates.

Players routinely whine when they can't delete an entire tilesets' worth of enemies by using a nuke. It would make the game more interesting but the vocal majority is unwilling to discuss it.

But this has nothing to do with AI. AI is choices an entity makes. Grouping, going to cover, retreating. Not the tools the enemy has to use, but when to use the tools it has.

14 minutes ago, Midas said:
  • Units that make their teammates immune to damage if killed, punishing room clear.

This is a terrible idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

A tileset where the bosses are normal enemies. Like hyena pack, sargas rok, tyl regor. Especially mutalist alad v. Then we will see who complains about the game.

I mean, this sounds kinda cool.  However it totally breaks lore and doesn't really make any sense.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Players routinely whine when they can't delete an entire tilesets' worth of enemies by using a nuke. It would make the game more interesting but the vocal majority is unwilling to discuss it.

But this has nothing to do with AI. AI is choices an entity makes. Grouping, going to cover, retreating. Not the tools the enemy has to use, but when to use the tools it has.

This is a terrible idea.

Any punishing system for killing a unit. I really want to weed out map killing, I watched the saturn trailer (been out awhile...) and watch the Tenno individually fight 1-3 Grineer each. The games become god tier level where you wipe maps...

5 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

Do you know what AI means??

Artificial intelligence, although i'd like unique units but for certain the pathing of A.I (defence group/formations) needs to be updated.

Edited by Midas

1 hour ago, Littlemike137 said:

I mean, this sounds kinda cool.  However it totally breaks lore and doesn't really make any sense.

Advancements in robotics, mass production in cloning, infested cellular division. I don't see where it can't fit with lore. Let's not forget about own simulacrum that can spawn infinite numbers of enemies.

17 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Advancements in robotics, mass production in cloning, infested cellular division. I don't see where it can't fit with lore. Let's not forget about own simulacrum that can spawn infinite numbers of enemies.

Simulacrum is a training sim. Also, you can't just handwave a boss appearing as a regular enemy with cloning. First of all, cloning doesn't work that way, secondly it detracts from the flow of the game's lore. Oh yeah, this big bad Grineer dude, who supposedly started as a lowly grunt and crawled his way up the chain of command, earning unique augments, wargear and personality traits in the process... yeah, he's got a #*!%ton of clones running around with the common footsloggers, acting exactly like him. It's lazy and it's silly.

I'd rather a retroactive change to existing enemies that causes them to have special interactions with certain abilities, with many stand-out abilities (usually the mass CC and nukes) having most of their interactions be weaknesses. The more specific a Warframe's capabilities are? The more general their weaknesses. And in converse, the more widely powerful a frame is, the more faction-specific and intense. For example, Limbo's really powerful, but only in terms of defense, except at, like, super low levels. His vulnerabilities should then be fairly general - a handful of reasonably enemies that can bypass stasis naturally. Mesa, on the other hand, has a wide array of options - CC, 90% damage resistance to gunfire and a superpowered directional nuke. She should have a severe weakness to melee enemies and enemies with conventional shields (i.e. shield lancers), with the latter drawing her peacemaker fire and the former being protected from her Shooting Gallery. This makes her powerful still, especially against Corpus, but on the other hand she has no defences against most Infested, keeping her on the defensive to compensate.

And there could easily be positive interactions as well, especially for powers and frames that conventional wisdom consider weak. But the main idea is to basically rework enemies so they have a way to push back and counter Tenno powers, keeping the power of the player intact whilst preventing them from being powerful universally, and thus holding the players back from being overpowered - as there are still things the game can throw at them without needing a 'no powers allowed' button to put them on the back foot.

We do need some type of enemy that work like Cloaker form PAYDAY 2, that can instant kill you once it attack you.
Something like a Ballista and Scorpion hybird, when it spawn, it will pull you over and use it arm cannon to perform a close up heavy head shot. 

As for Buffing, how bout Healing and buffing at the same time

A enemy that create a unbreakable orb around him like Nully , whenever allies is inside, it will get heal overtime and also get damage buff while staying inside the orb.

These enemy can replace the Arbitraion shield boi, right ?

8 minutes ago, Vackz_ said:

We do need some type of enemy that work like Cloaker form PAYDAY 2, that can instant kill you once it attack you.
Something like a Ballista and Scorpion hybird, when it spawn, it will pull you over and use it arm cannon to perform a close up heavy head shot. 

As for Buffing, how bout Healing and buffing at the same time

A enemy that create a unbreakable orb around him like Nully , whenever allies is inside, it will get heal overtime and also get damage buff while staying inside the orb.

These enemy can replace the Arbitraion shield boi, right ?

No we need less oneshotting enemies. But we also need to oneshot enemies less.

3 minutes ago, Vackz_ said:

we actually have endgame oneshotting enemy ?

If you aren't playing a tank frame, every unit is a oneshotting enemy at high levels. Now obviously, you could just play a tanky frame, but that just means only tanks are viable choices to play which is a problem as well.

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

No we need less oneshotting enemies. But we also need to oneshot enemies less.

one shotting enemies doesnt matter.

What we need are enemies that require a level of thought beyond killing in the most obvious of ways. And environments that require atleast some thought, or in some cases specific mods to traverse

Edited by Medeucea

I would like to see an giant infested unit that cannot be killed and is pretty much the Berserker from Gears Of War where it hones in on you by how much noise you make and cannot see you when you're being stealthy..Just you and it in a tileset alone with a specific mission you have to complete and it hunting you down as you run around like bull in a china shop till you figure out how to actually use stealth in the game to avoid it...