Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Augment Idea

ShockBurst

Because of revenant's 2 mechanic, he is a very good frame for scaling levels but he lacks damage. May his 4th ability get an augment that increases status chance to 100% when the trigger is held? This would allow him to successfully strip armor through corrosive, halve infested health with viral etc. since his 4's damage type adapts to the faction. I think this would be a unique way to give him a way to increase his DPS. The damage from his 4 falls off and is too energy consuming to kill in high levels. This augment would make his 4 a utility to himself and the team since it would indirectly increase everyone's DPS.

Before someone says that revenant is a tank and shouldn't get DPS, Nidus was already arguably the best tank (because of undying and how easy it is to get stacks back) in game, had good cc (from 2 and his maggots) and very high DPS with his stomp and maggots. Despite that, nidus recently got an augment that assists his DPS. Therefore I don't think it would be game breaking or bad if Revenant got such an augment. Nidus started out with good damage that went well into the lvl hundreds whenever his stomp was complemented with status weapons like the pox, and despite that he still got an augment that further assists his DPS.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Danse Macabre is actually a much better Damage ability than Mesmer Skin is a tank ability.

His 2 is great because you can't die as long as you have charges, and his charges are depleted based on the number of times he is hit and what kind of projectile hits it. Because of that, he can tank multiple direct hits from a lvl 9999 enemy. He's also a great tank since you can recast mesmer skin (to refill his charges) whenever and your charges don't deplete quickly once you continue to maneuver. 

Either way, he's a great tank in the hands of a skilled player whose playstyle includes at least a decent amount of maneuvering. He isn't meant to be a committed bullet sponge. He just really needs damage for levels when his 4 becomes useless.

1 hour ago, ShockBurst said:

Either way, he's a great tank in the hands of a skilled player whose playstyle includes at least a decent amount of maneuvering. He isn't meant to be a committed bullet sponge. He just really needs damage for levels when his 4 becomes useless.

Well his 4 actually has a scaling mechanic. When Revenant takes Damage while using Danse Macabre any damage dealt to him is then also dealt out by Danse Macabre. The problem is that mechanic is rendered useless because of Mesmer Skin and it disabling any enemy that attacks him.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well his 4 actually has a scaling mechanic. When Revenant takes Damage while using Danse Macabre any damage dealt to him is then also dealt out by Danse Macabre. The problem is that mechanic is rendered useless because of Mesmer Skin and it disabling any enemy that attacks him.

Yeah so with this augment, his 4 should get much more use. I really hope DE can see.

An idea that's been thrown around a lot (and one I wholeheartedly agree with) was to give his 4 an Augment that lets him focus all of his beams  into a single death Ray if you aim while it's active. 

Would I be good? Hell if I know. Would it be cool? Definitely. Would it make sense (and be likely?) maybe. 

But considering DE's track record when it comes to revenant, he'll probably end up getting an augment that is both woefully ineffective and painfully out of place, as blinding Reave was. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

An idea that's been thrown around a lot (and one I wholeheartedly agree with) was to give his 4 an Augment that lets him focus all of his beams  into a single death Ray if you aim while it's active. 

Would I be good? Hell if I know. Would it be cool? Definitely. Would it make sense (and be likely?) maybe. 

But considering DE's track record when it comes to revenant, he'll probably end up getting an augment that is both woefully ineffective and painfully out of place, as blinding Reave was. 

The problem with putting things into a single death ray is that the damage may still only tickle high level enemies with armor. So having the ability remove armor etc is more effective than all flash and no substance.

High level enemy armor can for example, reduce damage by 70%. So only 30% of your beam's damage may be felt. That's why damage ults are not very good in endless runs or sortie 3's or against enemies over lvl 180.

38 minutes ago, ShockBurst said:

The problem with putting things into a single death ray is that the damage may still only tickle high level enemies with armor. So having the ability remove armor etc is more effective than all flash and no substance.

High level enemy armor can for example, reduce damage by 70%. So only 30% of your beam's damage may be felt. That's why damage ults are not very good in endless runs or sortie 3's or against enemies over lvl 180.

Not necessarily.

The simple, extremely effective solution would be to make the singular beam work like, well... Every other beam weapon, applying damage and status every second, as opposed to having each beam be an overlapping, singular instance of damage and status (which is how they currently work). 

Combining all the beams into one, at base stats, would give it around 11250 damage per second, with 20% status chance per second, and boosting it would see both double. Considering those, I don't really think that any target would be able to endure that all too well, regardless of their level. 

And since it'd be a massive beam, it'd probably have infinite (or at least very high) punchthrough, allowing you to decimate small groups far more effectively. 

52 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Not necessarily.

The simple, extremely effective solution would be to make the singular beam work like, well... Every other beam weapon, applying damage and status every second, as opposed to having each beam be an overlapping, singular instance of damage and status (which is how they currently work). 

Combining all the beams into one, at base stats, would give it around 11250 damage per second, with 20% status chance per second, and boosting it would see both double. Considering those, I don't really think that any target would be able to endure that all too well, regardless of their level. 

And since it'd be a massive beam, it'd probably have infinite (or at least very high) punchthrough, allowing you to decimate small groups far more effectively. 

That does sound good but I wonder if it would work because not even a 100% status chance amprex (beam weapon) strips armor right away. So I wonder if it would be better for the regular way to be used since that would be multiple beams with 100% status chance hitting all enemies on your ground level and a bit below you in a 360° radius rather than continuously aiming it in one direction until those enemies directly in front have their armor stripped. 

However I do like the damage you mentioned because that would make his 4 able to kill high into lvl 150-200s if his beams can strip armor or shields and then kill with that high damage/s since the enemies wouldn't have their damage reduction anymore

1 hour ago, ShockBurst said:

That does sound good but I wonder if it would work because not even a 100% status chance amprex (beam weapon) strips armor right away. So I wonder if it would be better for the regular way to be used since that would be multiple beams with 100% status chance hitting all enemies on your ground level and a bit below you in a 360° radius rather than continuously aiming it in one direction until those enemies directly in front have their armor stripped. 

However I do like the damage you mentioned because that would make his 4 able to kill high into lvl 150-200s if his beams can strip armor or shields and then kill with that high damage/s since the enemies wouldn't have their damage reduction anymore

Unfortunately, the status chance of danse macabre's beams can currently not be modified in any way, though they definitely should (considering how much you need to pay). 

Besides, the hypothetical Augment wouldn't rid you of the spin2win aspect, but would allow you to switch between both (which, again, would be quite nice, and actually worthy of a mod slot) 

2 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Unfortunately, the status chance of danse macabre's beams can currently not be modified in any way, though they definitely should (considering how much you need to pay). 

Besides, the hypothetical Augment wouldn't rid you of the spin2win aspect, but would allow you to switch between both (which, again, would be quite nice, and actually worthy of a mod slot) 

Yeah any frame that can strip armor immediately becomes an endgame Worthy frame because enemy armor is just ridiculous in endless runs. Rev's 2 makes him endgame Worthy but there's not much reason to have that if he can't kill the high level enemies that he can survive