Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PsychicWarlock

Addressing the Elephant in the room

Someone had to do it and sucks that it has to be me. This is going to be a long thread so bear with me. DE fanboys read completely before going all keyboard warrior on my "back".

So, I started playing warframe in 2015(since vauban prime access) and played for few months(until a few weeks after release of Plains of eidolon release) as I had to take a break from gaming to complete my engineering. I recently started playing warframe again and was excited as I thought I was gonna have fun. I was MR 17 or 18 when I left and I never felt boring for one second. But recently I was unable to enjoy warframe like I used to before. And the reasons are very plain and simple. It’s not what it used to be. This doesn’t feel like warframe. What are the reasons? Oh boy, they’re too many that I can’t even count them on my fingers.

1.     THE GRIND

Warframe was always a grindy game no doubt but recently there has been an excessive increase in grind. From warframe parts now droping out of quest to the ridiculous weapon requirements.  

>Paraceis

If you don’t know Vauban prime is the rarest frame as all his part drops are rare. Making his value 400 ducats (highest of any frame), and the pareceis has a build requirement of 1000 ducats. That means you spend more than 5 prime frames(not Vauban prime) worth of farming on a single weapon. I DO NOT understand this logic. If you’re implying the weapon is special the sure I can understand spending some ducats (100 or maybe 150) on it but 1000? That’s not fair.

>Prime weapons and prime warframes

Back then prime weapons and frames used to cost 1 orokin cell but now the magic number is 15 without any explaination. It’s still a rare resource, I thought you guys wouldn’t do something like this after the HEMA drama but nah, boy was I wrong.

>Open world Syndicates

Why are there multiple syndicates in a single “place”. In plains of eidolon it’s understandable as Quill and Konzu do not want to appear together because of what happened between Quill and konzu’s wife. But when Fortuna was released I was shocked to see not 1 not 2 but 3 SYNDICATES. I do not understand this logic. And each syndicates rank up differently. Why are there no sigils for open world syndicates? The bounties get boring and makes a person lose interest in the game. They’re same repetitive and for the lack of better word “unfun” or not fun to play.

>Warframes

You guys always talk about how people ruin the fun by going to hydron/berehyneia and not actually rank it up like how it’s supposed to. Do you know how much pain in the butt it is to rank up a frame even with boosters? The XP required on the frames should be greatly reduced. If you think it’s an overestimation maybe you guys should try ranking up a frame from rank 0 to 30 without booster in your next stream and we’ll see. You’re free to use any node just don’t do it with equinox. Rank it up solo and you’ll finally realize what I’m talking about.

>Events

Thermia fractures and ghoul purge. As soon as I see a message for ghoul purge I just ALT+F4. That’s a very very very bad event. It’s ok to have less quality and fun events than throw these events on the face of community.

AS I SAID I KNOW WARFRAME IS A GRINDY GAME AND NEEDS AS MUCH PLAYERS IN GAME AS THEY CAN BUT DEVS NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE PERSONAL LIFE TOO AND THE DAILY LIMIT CAP IS NOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF PLAYERS. IF ANYTHING IT’S A BURDEN.

2.     THE EVENT BOSS (WOLF)

I’m paraphrasing here as I don’t remember the exact words “Itzal will  be nerfed as it’s too fast(her 1) and this means we are forcing players to choose a certain archwing over the others” Make an event boss which require certain weapons and certain frame to kill him. I get it you wanted to give something to the vets who were asking for difficult enemies(end game) but your vision of difficult is wrong. The entire game is based on warframes and their abilities but this boss chose to give zero crap about them. Like why? THIS IS NOT WARFRAME. Making him immune to status effect so his armor can only be removed by pet or a certain mod(shattering impact) and even after the armor is removed his flesh is armoed flesh, because logic.

The idea of a difficult boss in warframe or any game should make players fear for their (in-game)lives. Wolf simply stands in a place and swings his hammer for a couple of seconds and then with the speed of light move towards a  target.

What he should be able to do was be able to inflict high damage(ranged; not melee), not stand in one place and swing his hammer, walk normally and be susceptible to damage from players. That’s a better boss than most of the warframe bosses second only to HAMMER “TYL REGOR” TIME.

3.     FALSE HOPE & FALSE PROMISES

I’d simply suggest you to stop making false promises like

“we talked and we’ll make sure no prime ak weapon will require two prime weapons”

Hey guys check out AKLex prime it requires 2 lex primes and a link.

“We want to reduce grind”

Continues to increase grind

Now to a more critical subject, FALSE HOPE.

STOP IT! Whenever rebbeca ask steve something the community has been asking for years, steve will just shake his head and say “we’ll see” making people believe that they’re gonna do something great, but nahhhh it always like that. Always a FALSE HOPE. If you do not want to do something just say it outright we won’t ask you again.

4.     RESOURCES

“Casual players are ruining the game” continues to spend resources on something that people never asked for and won’t bother about it instead of fixing bugs people have been reporting for years. Cough..cough.. Nyx, Vauban, mag, etc. If you think about it the open world shouldn’t really be the next big thing, It’s a different environment and same enemies with name tag changed and new resources to make people grind for hours. The resources can be spent on a much better thing like quest, bug fixes, etc. It’s easier to blame someone else but it’s equally difficult to find your flaws and correct them; casuals have no control over the game. The control in its entirety belongs to YOU.

5.     FEEDBACK / THE WE LISTEN TO YOU BOLD FACED LIE

People have reported some issues from years now and yet in devstreams you guys never talk about it. And you guys keep asking “What should we do”. We reply DO X and in the next stream there is not a single mention of said X but then the same damn “what should we do”. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX WUKONG, NYX, VAUBAN,ETC.

6.     SCALING

There’s no denying the fact that the enemy scaling in the warframe is messed up to a point that it will require atleast a year to fix it if that’s possible. So “what should we do?”. We do not want to see a warframe die by a single elbow whip so please add shield gates that will fix the scaling problem to an extent. What we got was hildryn. And that too it’s not shield gate. Please implement shield gates like nullifier bubbles on all frames.

7.     Freedom

It may not be an appropriate thing to say but warframe is not kindergarten, and you should not interfere with freedom of speech. Many times In warframe chat or on forums, I feel my freedom of speech has been violated. I just don’t understand why can’t people act like adults in a 18+ game as it says in EULA.

CONCLUSIONI tried to play warframe but it’s too much of a fun killer these days and I’m really not happy with the direction warframe is drifting towards. My intention was not to hurt you or call you out, I’m simply venting out the reality that’s been going on. Instead of acting out when confronted about it(bully-tweeting about a youtuber; not cool) you guys should think and reflect back on how we can improve. I know It's not constructive criticism just criticism as I think you guys wont even read it anyway and everything I've wrote would probably go straight to the bin. It's just my honest opinion. If the new updates bring even more useless grind then I’ll probably not play warframe as much and would most like never invest in warframe again.

Thank you for reading this.

Have a good day

I agree with elements of the grind portion and the Wolf.  However, there's a few points of contention I have.

Events:  They could be better designed, but they are optional.  When I see "Ghoul Purge," I do other stuff in the game, rather than exit.

Scaling:  The highest level you'll see on a daily basis is about 100.  At that level, you will usually only get killed if you mess up.  Movement works.  (Grenades do still need fixing.)

Freedom:  Digital Extremes is not based in the United States, and Region Chat is a private chatroom owned by a corporation that required you to digitally sign an agreement before logging in.  Having to refrain from descriptions of Nezha while using it does not infringe on your Constitutional rights.

13 minutes ago, PsychicWarlock said:

7.     Freedom

It may not be an appropriate thing to say but warframe is not kindergarten, and you should not interfere with freedom of speech. Many times In warframe chat or on forums, I feel my freedom of speech has been violated. I just don’t understand why can’t people act like adults in a 18+ game as it says in EULA.

Not going to bother commenting on the rest of this at the moment but for the love of everything, don't even go there.

You are on the internet playing a game made by a Canadian company. You digitally agreed to the ToS and EULA (you know, those things you probably didn't read) when you made an account on here. Your constitutional rights are not being infringed upon. They have every right to moderate their chats as they see fit whether you like it or not.

32 minutes ago, PsychicWarlock said:

and even after the armor is removed his flesh is armoed flesh, because logic.

that's not how that works. it's just like Eidolons and Tusk Thumpers. they are double weak to a Damage Type, making such Damage Types deal more Damage than they would if you were shooting at a Corrupted Heavy Gunner or Bombard or w/e.

using the same Health Type for Health and Armor is very convenient, for the Player. you deal more Damage that way. even if it's dumb and i don't like the game doing that as it's illogical and changes the Health Type rules we've had for years.

45 minutes ago, PsychicWarlock said:

“we talked and we’ll make sure no prime ak weapon will require two prime weapons”

The more recent Akbolto Prime doesn't have single variants that are required for its construction. I assume this trend will continue. 

46 minutes ago, PsychicWarlock said:

Thermia fractures and ghoul purge. As soon as I see a message for ghoul purge I just ALT+F4. That’s a very very very bad event. It’s ok to have less quality and fun events than throw these events on the face of community.

If they arent recurring, newer players wouldnt be able to get stuff from those events. Nobody is forcing you to participate again in those. 

49 minutes ago, PsychicWarlock said:

We do not want to see a warframe die by a single elbow whip so please add shield gates that will fix the scaling problem to an extent. What we got was hildryn. And that too it’s not shield gate. Please implement shield gates like nullifier bubbles on all frames.

We have Warframes with millions of eHP... If anything enemies deal too little damage. 

2 hours ago, PsychicWarlock said:

1.     THE GRIND

Warframe was always a grindy game no doubt but recently there has been an excessive increase in grind. From warframe parts now droping out of quest to the ridiculous weapon requirements.  

>Paraceis

If you don’t know Vauban prime is the rarest frame as all his part drops are rare. Making his value 400 ducats (highest of any frame), and the pareceis has a build requirement of 1000 ducats. That means you spend more than 5 prime frames(not Vauban prime) worth of farming on a single weapon. I DO NOT understand this logic. If you’re implying the weapon is special the sure I can understand spending some ducats (100 or maybe 150) on it but 1000? That’s not fair.

Is 1,000 Ducats actually all that much?  I don't farm relics outside of a 1 week window when PA comes along and I always have 2,000+ ducats.  Your comparison to 5 Vauban Primes seems a bit disingenuous since people will instinctively react "Vauban Prime took me x number of hours to get, so Paracesis will take 5x as long" which isn't accurate.  When farming for Vauban Prime any part other than a Vauban Prime part/bp is 0 progression towards the goal, yet with Paracesis anything from a relic that isn't Forma is progress towards the goal.

Back then prime weapons and frames used to cost 1 orokin cell but now the magic number is 15 without any explaination. It’s still a rare resource, I thought you guys wouldn’t do something like this after the HEMA drama but nah, boy was I wrong.

Again, your comparison just isn't accurate.  The issue with Hema was that it took a significant amount of a resource that drops only from Derelicts.  There's no real reason to go to Derelicts unless you're farming Vaults or Mutagen.  Orokin Cells drop from multiple locations on the star map where people are going to be running missions anyway and it's really not that hard to get 15 of them.  I have 935 of them and I build everything that releases and have never actively farmed them.  And before someone mentions it, I didn't really use Draco when it was meta as I found it boring so those 935 are from general play.

>Open world Syndicates

Why are there multiple syndicates in a single “place”. In plains of eidolon it’s understandable as Quill and Konzu do not want to appear together because of what happened between Quill and konzu’s wife. But when Fortuna was released I was shocked to see not 1 not 2 but 3 SYNDICATES. I do not understand this logic. And each syndicates rank up differently. Why are there no sigils for open world syndicates? The bounties get boring and makes a person lose interest in the game. They’re same repetitive and for the lack of better word “unfun” or not fun to play.

The reason there are multiple syndicates in the same location is because they all focus on different aspects of the game.  Vent Kids is just for K-Drives which can be ignored completely and never really hamper you elsewhere in the game.  Vox Solaris is mostly for Operators which some people focus on and others don't, the only argument I can see being made regarding why splitting syndicates is bad would be the fact that Hildryn and Baruuk are obtained from a syndicate that should be entirely Operator focused.  And then you have the main syndicate of Solaris United which encompasses most of what would benefit you in general play. 

The split also allows you to not be restricted as much by the daily limit so if you're interested in getting everything it can take only a third of the time it otherwise would.  I do agree bounties get boring after a while but that's partly why I farmed Exploiter Orb during the global 2x resource boost and 2x Fortuna resource boost.  I've never had to farm anything since and I doubt I will ever need to despite using the gems to rank my SU.

Regarding the daily limit though I do agree that it seems needless but in a game where people complain that they feel burned out because they over grinded something and then complain that there's nothing to do, it serves a purpose.  If something else could achieve the same goal without a daily limit then I'd definitely consider it but until then it's what we have.

>Warframes

You guys always talk about how people ruin the fun by going to hydron/berehyneia and not actually rank it up like how it’s supposed to. Do you know how much pain in the butt it is to rank up a frame even with boosters? The XP required on the frames should be greatly reduced. If you think it’s an overestimation maybe you guys should try ranking up a frame from rank 0 to 30 without booster in your next stream and we’ll see. You’re free to use any node just don’t do it with equinox. Rank it up solo and you’ll finally realize what I’m talking about.

I don't see an issue here.  I rank my Warframes in general play rather than a farming location to get a true feel for their ability set and it really doesn't take me too long, maybe an hour or two but that's fine (usually also includes a couple of forma).  People are just impatient and want a maxed Warframe with x number of Forma asap and that's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with people.

>Events

I don't hate ghouls, but I can certainly see why they annoy people.  Maybe just cut how often they appear to 15-30% of what it is now, iirc there aren't any specific resources needed by other content locked behind them so I don't see why they need to be as prevalent.

AS I SAID I KNOW WARFRAME IS A GRINDY GAME AND NEEDS AS MUCH PLAYERS IN GAME AS THEY CAN BUT DEVS NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE PERSONAL LIFE TOO AND THE DAILY LIMIT CAP IS NOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF PLAYERS. IF ANYTHING IT’S A BURDEN.

It sucks to say but then maybe this just isn't the game for you.  I play this game because it gives me a goal that can take a while and even though I do get annoyed when the grind needed is truly excessive I don't think the game should appeal to the lowest common denominator either (in terms of free time a player had).  For context I'm one of those people who would LOVE to get into EVE Online but even I don't have enough time for it and though it sucks, that's just the nature of the world we live in.  Everything has an opportunity cost and it's up to the individual to decide what they value most.

2.     THE EVENT BOSS (WOLF)

I’m paraphrasing here as I don’t remember the exact words “Itzal will  be nerfed as it’s too fast(her 1) and this means we are forcing players to choose a certain archwing over the others” Make an event boss which require certain weapons and certain frame to kill him. I get it you wanted to give something to the vets who were asking for difficult enemies(end game) but your vision of difficult is wrong. The entire game is based on warframes and their abilities but this boss chose to give zero crap about them. Like why? THIS IS NOT WARFRAME. Making him immune to status effect so his armor can only be removed by pet or a certain mod(shattering impact) and even after the armor is removed his flesh is armoed flesh, because logic.

The idea of a difficult boss in warframe or any game should make players fear for their (in-game)lives. Wolf simply stands in a place and swings his hammer for a couple of seconds and then with the speed of light move towards a  target.

What he should be able to do was be able to inflict high damage(ranged; not melee), not stand in one place and swing his hammer, walk normally and be susceptible to damage from players. That’s a better boss than most of the warframe bosses second only to HAMMER “TYL REGOR” TIME.

I am fine with how The Wolf is (seen to be was) handled but I know it could have been done better.  I don't agree that he should just be made more vulnerable and deal more damage since that just flips sub par boss design from 'being a tank' to 'being a nuke'.  What should happen is that The Wolf (and most other bosses) should incorporate different telegraphed attacks that require the player to learn attack patterns but still be immune to a large majority of abilities that would otherwise trivialise the fight.

3.     FALSE HOPE & FALSE PROMISES

I’d simply suggest you to stop making false promises like

“We want to reduce grind”

Continues to increase grind

Yeah there are examples of DE needing to choose their wording better but these comments are also usually backed up with an explanation of what they mean.  The Aklex Prime example (if accurate since I can't remember them ever saying Ak Primes will never need to weapons again) would be black and white, but "We want to reduce grind" isn't.  If they explained further in what way they want to reduce grind and their blatantly communicated intent isn't what you would hope 'reduced grind' would mean, then that's not a false promise, it's just Dev intent and player desire not matching up.

Now to a more critical subject, FALSE HOPE.

STOP IT! Whenever rebbeca ask steve something the community has been asking for years, steve will just shake his head and say “we’ll see” making people believe that they’re gonna do something great, but nahhhh it always like that. Always a FALSE HOPE. If you do not want to do something just say it outright we won’t ask you again.

This is really just a case of people reading into things far too much.  It wasn't long ago that I exclaimed "F**K INFERENCE!!" as a response to someone claiming I was "blackmailing" them when I was just explaining things that had happened, information gained, and my feelings in regards to that.  Yes this is an extreme example, but the point is relevant.  Unless DE definitively state they are going to implement something, then don't hold them to a promise they never make.  Saying they're going to talk about something is not the same as them saying they'll give you what you want.

4.     RESOURCES

“Casual players are ruining the game” continues to spend resources on something that people never asked for and won’t bother about it instead of fixing bugs people have been reporting for years. Cough..cough.. Nyx, Vauban, mag, etc. If you think about it the open world shouldn’t really be the next big thing, It’s a different environment and same enemies with name tag changed and new resources to make people grind for hours. The resources can be spent on a much better thing like quest, bug fixes, etc. It’s easier to blame someone else but it’s equally difficult to find your flaws and correct them; casuals have no control over the game. The control in its entirety belongs to YOU.

Uhm, development teams have different departments that do different things.  The people who are designing the open world areas are not the same people in charge of Warframe ability creation/reworks.  Also, just because people say something in a response to 'what should we do' doesn't mean DE are going to blindly follow along.  If the suggested action doesn't correlate with their intent for the game and it's mechanics then they aren't going to implement it.  Only in a very few cases would I say DE need to just blindly follow player suggestion but those are mostly issues surrounding the game rather than issues within the game (eg moderator issues).  You're statement that quests are better than open worlds isn't fair,  since to you they may be better but to others who just want content to work towards they're basically pointless beyond a few hours.

5.     FEEDBACK / THE WE LISTEN TO YOU BOLD FACED LIE

People have reported some issues from years now and yet in devstreams you guys never talk about it. And you guys keep asking “What should we do”. We reply DO X and in the next stream there is not a single mention of said X but then the same damn “what should we do”. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX WUKONG, NYX, VAUBAN,ETC.

I kind of answered this in the previous paragraph.

6.     SCALING

There’s no denying the fact that the enemy scaling in the warframe is messed up to a point that it will require atleast a year to fix it if that’s possible. So “what should we do?”. We do not want to see a warframe die by a single elbow whip so please add shield gates that will fix the scaling problem to an extent. What we got was hildryn. And that too it’s not shield gate. Please implement shield gates like nullifier bubbles on all frames.

Hildryn was a test to see how shield gating as a mechanic would work in Warframe and there's nothing wrong with that.  I do agree that scaling is an issue but I think a form of AI scaling would be better than shield gates, but as AI would take far longer I would be happy if gating was added to bridge the gap.  Not sure what you mean by "Please implement shield gates like Nullifier bubbles on all frames" so if you bother reading my responses I would appreciate an elaboration on that.

7.     Freedom

Some moderation will always be needed in an online game like Warframe but I agree they overstep quite regularly.  Saying that, DE is a private company so freedom of speech doesn't apply, that is only a thing in regards to governments and governments lead organisation.  On that note though, I'm not sure how much of the 'communication clampdown' is driven by DE and how much of it is them just covering their bases since they're a Canadian company and a lot of the 'what the f**k' SJW legislation seems to originate from the Canadian government.

CONCLUSIONI tried to play warframe but it’s too much of a fun killer these days and I’m really not happy with the direction warframe is drifting towards. My intention was not to hurt you or call you out, I’m simply venting out the reality that’s been going on. Instead of acting out when confronted about it(bully-tweeting about a youtuber; not cool) you guys should think and reflect back on how we can improve. I know It's not constructive criticism just criticism as I think you guys wont even read it anyway and everything I've wrote would probably go straight to the bin. It's just my honest opinion. If the new updates bring even more useless grind then I’ll probably not play warframe as much and would most like never invest in warframe again.

Thank you for reading this.

Have a good day

It's a bit sad that you need to state "My intention was not to hurt you or call you out" but that seems to be the way the world is nowadays.  DEs reaction to the youtuber (pretty sure I know who you're meaning, even mentioned it in one of my replies) did sour me on DE as well and I agree they need to work on how they choose to react to that kind of situation.  At the end of the day it is sad to hear that someone is no longer enjoying Warframe when it's not just a "I've had enough so I'm throwing a fit as I leave" thread.  That's partly why I've bothered with a per point reply of your thread since it makes clear points (regardless of whether I agree with them).

5 часов назад, Warhydra сказал:

Nobody is forcing you to participate again in those. 

Unless you don't like to mine with one hand and swing your sword with the other all the time. Ghouls just tend to be spawning very often for me. And that also means Vay doesn't shut up at all. Not to mention ghouls themselves are annoying. I want my fish/gems dammit! I don't want to be under attack constantly or asking a friend to sit there with me shooting stupid bastards for hours. Like theirs regular spawns outside of the event are ok-ish.

Fractures are infinitely better in this regard. Cause they don't interact with usual OV activities at all unless you specifically go and grab a coolant canister. Not to mention that for fractures Lotus doesn't send me 1578263452365768th letter about this happening. If ghouls are redesigned in a similar manner I would like those way more.

5 часов назад, Warhydra сказал:

We have Warframes with millions of eHP... If anything enemies deal too little damage

So you want to make those millions eHP frames even more mandatory/no-brain choice? I'm tired of hearing "y u no play inaros?" every time when I go to kill Profit-Taker or sometimes even arbitrations. So I'd oppose "moar dmg" solution. For more damage I'd suggest a modifier "Inaros/chroma/rhino takes 400% more damage from all sources and arcane grace/barrier/guardian doesn't work on him".

4 часа назад, Jiminez_Burial сказал:

I have 935 of them and I build everything that releases and have never actively farmed them.

You should put yourself in OP's shoes at this point. You are MR27 with 4k in mission time. He is MR19 with 600. I would believe he has significant issues with the amount of cells in the inventory. I don't have troubles with those myself and just like you, I didn't target farm those as well. My new-ish clanmates have huge problems with those. I'd rather not tell them "you need to spend 2k hours in game like me before you can have enough resources to craft weapons you want".

I can easily say that Hema was not a problem for me and the other founding guy in my clan. We happened to adore derelicts, thus having a decent amount of mutagens on hand. Took us not so much to gather the rest. By that logic I could say that hema was not an issue. Gallium on the other hand... * hides current 800 gallium stock under the bed *

5 часов назад, Jiminez_Burial сказал:

People are just impatient and want a maxed Warframe with x number of Forma asap and that's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with people.

And that I can totally agree with. To enjoy the game one doesn't need to have some particular piece of equipment asap. Unless you are somehow aim for being on top of the leaderboards in 1 hour.

6 часов назад, PsychicWarlock сказал:

Soooo before you stated playing the only Ak weapon available was bronko... You are telling me that one single ak weapon was so giant issue that everyone and their dogs were on the wall about it? Yeah, I know akskilleto came and was not "join 2 of the thing" weapon just around the same time, no "single skilleto" existed though.

Lets utilize some common logic here. Akbronko is made from 2 bronkos cause... we have a single variant. Same goes for lex/vasto. Every other ak weapon doesn't have single variant. So you are saying that it makes more sense to create absolutely separate set of items for say aklex and dilute drop table even more? Having to get lex stock/barrel/receiver/blueprint for regular and then farm aklex stock x2/receiver x2/barrel x2/blueprint for dual one instead of using already existing parts... doesn't make sense in my book. What would have made more sense is requiring parts of regular ones instead of built weapons. Still doesn't make aklex/akvasto crafting totally illogical.

7 часов назад, PsychicWarlock сказал:

Does freedom of speech includes acting like an entitled brat or insulting people out of the blue? Starting politics wars or whatever the hell else you want? Using the ridiculous amount of toilet humor? Discriminating someone for any reason? Swearing non-stop? I had enough of this s*** in every single online game I've been playing for the last 15 years. The first thing I do in any of those - disabling voice chat cause I can't trust people to act like actual adults. Nothing I listed is "acting like an adult". I'm guilty of being all those things at one point or another btw, and if I was muted/suspended I at least can try and remember if I did anything stupid recently, the answer will probably be "yes, I acted like an idiot". And I can probably assume that it is not your freedom of speech that is violated but your desire to act like a crybaby. Warframe's region chat is one of (if not THE) best chats I've seen so far.

Also you should probably refresh the meaning of "freedom of speech" in your dictionary. "Acting like an adult" too perhaps.

Well, the freedom of speech isn't the main agenda of this topic. I was just trying to put it out there and ask why DE is so much against a constitutional right that almost every independent democratic country has. My idea is not acting like an entitled brat it's just that EULA requires us to be 18+ or have the permission of 18+ guardian but people aren't supposed to have opinions. Anyways, lets not concentrate on it. It's owned by DE and their rules so we'll let them have it.

"Frames with millions of ehp" so forcing me to use a particular frame? By DE's logic they should be nerfed.

Jimienz, let me guess you're one of thise people who think 30k endo requirement is ok for a single rare mod?(not primed).

I compared the paraceis price to normal frame and I specifically mentioned NOT VAUBAN PRIME. I'm simply comparing their value to ingame currency, your thinking is flawed.

Warhydra take nyx, mag, vauban, etc and play MOT. Get too close to an enemy so he will hit you with his elbow and see if your frame survives. 

Also if hildryn was a test then why did it took so long? Now they've tested it will other frames have shield gating? I do not think so.

Edit: I'm talking about primed ak weapons.

1 hour ago, PsychicWarlock said:

Also if hildryn was a test then why did it took so long? Now they've tested it will other frames have shield gating? I do not think so.

You should tell other devs that game development shouldn't take so long. It's so easy. I bet every person playing the game has Hildryn at this point, they couldn't possibly want more data or think the result is not a positive idea for the rest of the frames.

Warhydra take nyx, mag, vauban, etc and play MOT. Get too close to an enemy so he will hit you with his elbow and see if your frame survives. 

If enemies shoot at you and you get hit you'll die too. Better make all frames invulnerable, can't have the threat of dying.

Well, the freedom of speech isn't the main agenda of this topic. I was just trying to put it out there and ask why DE is so much against a constitutional right that almost every independent democratic country has. My idea is not acting like an entitled brat it's just that EULA requires us to be 18+ or have the permission of 18+ guardian but people aren't supposed to have opinions. Anyways, lets not concentrate on it. It's owned by DE and their rules so we'll let them have it.

Then why bring it up? DE's house, DE's rules. You agree to as much when you sign up. It has literally nothing to do with the US Constitution or any other countries foundational documents or precedents.

Act like the adult you claim to be and realize not being able to use certain words on another person's platform isn't a crime against humanity.

13 hours ago, PsychicWarlock said:

OCells are legitimately rare for you? 15 OCells is equivalent to the cost of Hema for an assumed full active Clan?

If you do not want to do something just say it outright we won’t ask you again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You’re free to use any node just don’t do it with equinox. Rank it up solo and you’ll finally realize what I’m talking about.

The danger here is, of course, you don't really want to know the answer. They, and others, can level a frame in under half an hour in any of the higher level nodes. No boosters. Hydron and its ilk are a crutch and you've been blinded to it.

Well, the freedom of speech isn't the main agenda of this topic. I was just trying to put it out there and ask why DE is so much against a constitutional right that almost every independent democratic country has.

DE is not the government, and is not required to provide a public space under the terms of the Constitution.

21 hours ago, PsychicWarlock said:

Addressing the Elephant in the room

I was told that the appropriate greeting is "hujambo tembo", but that's supposed to be Swahili, so I suppose it's different for Asian elephants. 

19 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

You should put yourself in OP's shoes at this point. You are MR27 with 4k in mission time. He is MR19 with 600. I would believe he has significant issues with the amount of cells in the inventory. I don't have troubles with those myself and just like you, I didn't target farm those as well. My new-ish clanmates have huge problems with those. I'd rather not tell them "you need to spend 2k hours in game like me before you can have enough resources to craft weapons you want".

I've never had issues with Orokin Cells on my alt account either though, and that only has 320 hours on it and is MR22.  A lot of that MR is from Primes which take O-Cells so it's not like I've avoided/been restricted from building them because I didn't have the resources.  

44 минуты назад, Jiminez_Burial сказал:

I've never had issues with Orokin Cells on my alt account either though, and that only has 320 hours on it and is MR22.  A lot of that MR is from Primes which take O-Cells so it's not like I've avoided/been restricted from building them because I didn't have the resources.  

OC became more accessible as the time went, but I can see your point. Though I wouldn't agree that using alt account as an example is appropriate. It's like MMOs in general, you'll level way faster on an alt cause you already know stuff and can blaze through questing without consulting wiki/guide/whatever all the time.

21 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

So I'd oppose "moar dmg" solution. For more damage I'd suggest a modifier "Inaros/chroma/rhino takes 400% more damage from all sources and arcane grace/barrier/guardian doesn't work on him".

Now that’s not a solution, It would just make people cry for buffs and making those frames loses their tanking capabilities and become another ember. I would rather propose a special type of uncommon enemy (I would say 1 spawn per group) that can bypass armor and damage reduction but they are very noticeable thus making those tank frames be more careful with their surroundings than just jump in and never die. 

On 2019-05-18 at 9:34 AM, Warhydra said:

We have Warframes with millions of eHP

Of course we have the select few warframes with millions of eHP. But for the majority of frames you either have to rely on abilities like shatter shield, iron skin to even survive past lvl 100.

17 hours ago, PsychicWarlock said:

Jimienz, let me guess you're one of thise people who think 30k endo requirement is ok for a single rare mod?(not primed).

I'm not actually, but that's mainly because the most efficient means of farming endo (Arbitration) requires a lot of the builds you need the endo for.  I've never had an issue with feeling like I couldn't easily earn it, though I did stock up during the days of R5 cores being excavation rewards.  Not many people go to those places for endo anymore reducing the chance that an early progression player can find an endo farm without actively recruiting other early progression players for it.

17 hours ago, PsychicWarlock said:

I compared the paraceis price to normal frame and I specifically mentioned NOT VAUBAN PRIME. I'm simply comparing their value to ingame currency, your thinking is flawed.

My logic concerning having no progression vs some progression is still applicable.

Am 18.5.2019 um 04:10 schrieb Jiminez_Burial:

1,000 Ducats actually all that much? 

yes it is a lot

2 hours ago, 80think08 said:

yes it is a lot

You get a minimum of 15 plat for turning in a prime part. 

1000 ducats < 67 prime parts. 

You're on PC. Prime junk usually goes for around 2 plat per part. 

1000 ducats < 67 prime parts = 134 plat maximum. 

You can sell just a couple of higher value items and get that much. 

Some of the parts that you get will probably be worth more than 15 ducats. 

But hey, apparently selling a couple of prime parts, or a handful of mods, is waaaaay too much. 🙄

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You get a minimum of 15 plat for turning in a prime part. 

1000 ducats < 67 prime parts. 

You're on PC. Prime junk usually goes for around 2 plat per part. 

1000 ducats < 67 prime parts = 134 plat maximum. 

You can sell just a couple of higher value items and get that much. 

Some of the parts that you get will probably be worth more than 15 ducats. 

But hey, apparently selling a couple of prime parts, or a handful of mods, is waaaaay too much. 🙄

You are blinding yourself to the truth. Any primed weapon would be around 175 ducats  where as this one costs 1000. Talk in ducats not platinum since that really depends on the seller's price. Stop DE fanboying. They too can make mistakes.

On 2019-05-18 at 1:40 AM, PsychicWarlock said:

O-cells are far more common and accessible than mutagen samples. You can get them in any mission type on 2 nodes on the starchart (Saturn, Ceres), and you can also get them from murdering bosses - at least some of which can still be killed at a decent speed.

The Dakra Prime cost 10 o-cells to build when it first came out, so this level of pricing isn't too out of scale.

But that aside, DE do essentially lie through their teeth at us. The Hema cluster#*!% would be the main example here: "oh, we can't reduce the price, it would disrespect those who farmed it". Not only was this excuse the highest order of bullS#&amp;&#036; even when it was first trotted out (with many many people who *had* farmed it saying "what disrespect, drop the price already"), but it was then followed not only by changing fortuna arcanes to come pre-built for the same price that blueprints were purchased before, but also by adding monsters that drop fairly sizeable quantities of plains resources (though not the max-tier, I note).

You are blinding yourself to the truth. Any primed weapon would be around 175 ducats  where as this one costs 1000. Talk in ducats not platinum since that really depends on the seller's price. Stop DE fanboying. They too can make mistakes.

Show an error in the math instead of trying to claim fanboying. 

https://warframe.market/items/loki_prime_systems sell one and you're good to go. 

Arcane Grace, unranked and you are well ahead of the curve. 

https://warframe.market/items/voltaic_strike two of these would do nicely, even at a solid discount. Or you can pocket the extra plat and pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about. 

https://warframe.market/items/secura_lecta looks like you could even make do with a handful of these if you are inclined to take your sweet time about it. 

TL;DR  Stop trying to share your hate filled Kool-Aid, some of us aren't interested in drinking it with you and are more than willing to post incontrovertible facts while laughing at your attempts. 🙄

On 2019-05-17 at 7:58 PM, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

They have every right to moderate their chats as they see fit whether you like it or not.

Actually they don't.  They have to obey Canadian law, whatever that may be, and possibly parts of US law pursuant to operation in the US, or any other pertinent laws from other countries they operate in.

On 2019-05-17 at 8:15 PM, taiiat said:

using the same Health Type for Health and Armor is very convenient, for the Player. you deal more Damage that way.

From both design and play standpoints, it's pretty dumb.  You'll deal more damage by NOT completely stripping his armor than by completely stripping it.

On 2019-05-17 at 8:34 PM, Warhydra said:

We have Warframes with millions of eHP... If anything enemies deal too little damage.

No we don't.  Chroma can get sort of close with a full power strength build that no sane person would actually play.  No other frame in and of itself has millions of EHP outside of arguably those with straight invulnerabilities.  Even then, most frames don't have these things.  It's what, Wukong, Nidus, and arguably Chroma?  Even Nyx will die from energy loss into overflow damage well before taking a million damage in absorb.

If you balance based on the exceptions, nothing else will be playable.

On 2019-05-18 at 9:30 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

DE is not the government, and is not required to provide a public space under the terms of the Constitution.

Technically they already provide a somewhat public space, and there are already some laws to go with that, and there will be others as societies adjust to this sort of thing.

IIRC the laws in the US already state for a lot of these sort of things that if you use moderation at all, you are a curator for what goes on on your platform, and are thus responsible for anything you don't moderate, for example.  Whether this applies at all to a Canadian based company with operation in the US or not, I have no idea, but I'd expect similar Canadian laws in the future if they don't already have them.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Show an error in the math instead of trying to claim fanboying. 

https://warframe.market/items/loki_prime_systems sell one and you're good to go.

Don't play stupid.  You can't buy Paracesis for plat.  The person you're responding to is correct.  You can only do the math correctly in ducats, and for regular people who don't/didn't already have tons of prime parts to cash in, 1,000 is a lot of ducats, at least 2x more than anything else in the game, and those things ONLY take ducats to get.  For things that take multiple resources, it's ~3-6x higher.

"I already have plenty of X" isn't a good excuse.  That's called anecdotal evidence, and it's worthless other than to show that something could potentially happen.

47 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

Don't play stupid.  You can't buy Paracesis for plat.  The person you're responding to is correct.  You can only do the math correctly in ducats, and for regular people who don't/didn't already have tons of prime parts to cash in, 1,000 is a lot of ducats, at least 2x more than anything else in the game, and those things ONLY take ducats to get.  For things that take multiple resources, it's ~3-6x higher.

"I already have plenty of X" isn't a good excuse.  That's called anecdotal evidence, and it's worthless other than to show that something could potentially happen.

I don't play stupid, I play smart unlike some people here. Now, I know that some folks find math difficult but do try to keep up here:

134 plat buys 67 prime junk on the PC market. (And more than that on the console markets.) 

67 prime junk gives a MINIMUM of 1k ducats. It will often result in more than that. (I'll give you one chance to guess how I know this.) 

The PC market has multiple examples where a single item will sell for more than the cost of 1k ducats. Selling a pair of items widens the possibilities to a very large number of things that would equate to 1000 ducats. 

Selling 2 items and buying all the junk needed to get 1000 ducats is entirely possible for people who play this game. (I will give you one chance to guess how I know this.) 

Anyone who claims otherwise isn't just "playing dumb".

According to what you contend, any prime part blueprint that you can possibly sell for 134 plat or above make the set they belong to far more expensive than a Paracecis. I expect that you will be boycotting all of those items since you have such an insurmountable issue with the unbearably heavy cost. Or you know, you could keep using them because that would be a ridiculous thing to do, and your objection would be equally ridiculous. 🙄

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

134 plat buys 67 prime junk on the PC market. (And more than that on the console markets.)  

67 prime junk gives a MINIMUM of 1k ducats. It will often result in more than that. (I'll give you one chance to guess how I know this.)

This is why we call you disingenuous/dishonest.  You either know or should know that no one just quickly finds anyone with both the ability and the willingness to sell them 67 prime junk parts.  So there's a huge time sink to find enough willing sellers.  On the other hand, few people actually sell even the "junk" for 2p.  Look at your linked warframe market that proves perfectly well what I'm talking about, and you'll see that most people actually sell and buy those parts for more like 4-6p, meaning you're looking at more like 260-1,000 plat.

Then the final argument, that you have no rebuttal to:  Even if it's doable, 1,000 ducats is still obviously several times higher than for comparable items.  Yes, there are some rare items (your prime part specifically, and yes, I actually did the farm for that exact part recently) that you have to run ~20 capture missions on average to get one relic for, then rad it and hope you hit the 40% chance of getting it in a full radshare.  That means you're running ~50 missions in order to get it, AFTER doing the all the optimal things.

This all boils down into "I already have the resource (to convert into) x, so what are you guys complaining about?".  Anecdotal yet again.  If you actually parse the time to get these things, just the 1,000 ducats represents hours of focused farming, minimum.  You had things to trade before hand.  Big whoop.  The price is still obviously well above par.

Also, your strawman attempts aren't fooling anyone, other than perhaps yourself.  Give it up, your debate skills are lacking.

10 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

This is why we call you disingenuous/dishonest.  You either know or should know that no one just quickly finds anyone with both the ability and the willingness to sell them 67 prime junk parts.  So there's a huge time sink to find enough willing sellers.  On the other hand, few people actually sell even the "junk" for 2p.  Look at your linked warframe market that proves perfectly well what I'm talking about, and you'll see that most people actually sell and buy those parts for more like 4-6p, meaning you're looking at more like 260-1,000 plat.

Then the final argument, that you have no rebuttal to:  Even if it's doable, 1,000 ducats is still obviously several times higher than for comparable items.  Yes, there are some rare items (your prime part specifically, and yes, I actually did the farm for that exact part recently) that you have to run ~20 capture missions on average to get one relic for, then rad it and hope you hit the 40% chance of getting it in a full radshare.  That means you're running ~50 missions in order to get it, AFTER doing the all the optimal things.

This all boils down into "I already have the resource (to convert into) x, so what are you guys complaining about?".  Anecdotal yet again.  If you actually parse the time to get these things, just the 1,000 ducats represents hours of focused farming, minimum.  You had things to trade before hand.  Big whoop.  The price is still obviously well above par.

Also, your strawman attempts aren't fooling anyone, other than perhaps yourself.  Give it up, your debate skills are lacking.

If he's using a Strawman, you're moving goalposts, a lot.

Alternatively, just farm some prime parts.  It ain't hard, it doesn't take nearly as long as you think it does, and it's a one-time investment for an unnecessary weapon.