Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Addressing the Elephant in the room

PsychicWarlock

1 hour ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Anything that doesn't go in your sense is "bad", right?

I wasn't the one who purged the thread so I really didn't have a say in what "doesn't go". But you've been around long enough to know how that works, right? Interestingly, the posts that I made giving details about how it's possible and easy to convert plat into 1000 ducats (well items to plat to items to ducats), weren't removed despite the fact that someone claims that they're the reason for the purge. 

The fact of the matter is that many of the Primes that we build, mods and  arcanes that we use are demonstrably significantly more expensive than this sword. (Right now the plat value on PC sits between 80 plat and 134 plat for 1000 ducats.) I've demonstrated multiple ways to get the amount by trading. Others have demonstrated that getting that amount of ducats via farming parts is also not as onerous as some are claiming. 

But hey, nobody should let silly little things like objective facts get in the way of what they are trying to do, right? 

Oh and if it was up to me, the only reply that wouldn't have been purged was the joke I made about how to address an elephant in Swahili. 😜

It's hard not to sound talking down like "you call this a knife? THIS is a knife", but you think Warframe is grindy? 😂 Boy you've never played a remotely grindy game it appears.

I'm not even talking Asian MMO, I'm talking standard RPGs, like World of Warcraft.

In Warframe I can level a new piece of gear to max in a matter of hours, or minutes even. What are you calling grind?

The rare mod with a .05% drop chance? Yeah if you make that your game plan you gonna have a bad time. If you really think "I NEED THAT" then go to warframe.market

Personally the most I've grinded or farmed is probably Continuity (11% C Rotation defense). And that is an exception in day to day Warframe life.

You know, I've got a friend that maybe plays like you. He's setting one dimensional goals for himself, and is very focused on his single goal. That makes the game unbelievably grindy for him, because he's convinced of always doing the one thing the most efficient way. But I think it's a much better idea to chill the #*!% out and do things passively, combine things. Like don't grind XP on Helena or whatever is the FOTM for XP. Do some syndicate missions or void fissures, or or or. Just play the game, don't be so stubborn, don't be such a try hard. Playing Warframe that way will give you a multitude of gratifications: credits, resources, XP, reputation, loot ... just don't focus too much on that. When you start playing the game for those passive gratifications only then you're on an unhealthy track. And if you think multiple syndicates are a curse rather than just an offer then you clearly have an unhealthy view of the game. Do you feel left out or behind if you don't beat all the games goals? The game is no compensation for real life achievements. It should mainly be fun to play.

The thing is, in Warframe grinding means playing the game, being a space ninja. It's not mechanically boring, like in Diablo or so. And that's all you're doing in Warframe if you ever noticed. That's the strength of Warframe, it combines the passive reward systems of RPGs with the active reward systems of mechanical games, like shooters. You're doing missions over and over again, with just a slightly different flair. If that's not your thing, if you feel that that's grindy, boring, then you either gotta overthink your mentality or look for a game that suits you better. Maybe Warframe has just worn off on you. It's also a learning process. Personally I've grinded enough XP in my life time. And when I feel the grind in Warframe I'm gonna look for another game. I know it can be hard to let go, I too am still struggling with it.

Edited by supernils