Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you make the jump from star chart missions to sorties?

Dycie

Question

So, I've just about finished the star chart (only need to do the DS missions), and I think that sorties are the next step to work towards. I'm just not feeling confident enough to do so. What is it that I need to work towards in order to get that far? Farming endo for prime mods? Getting other rare mods I don't have yet? (ex. Rage and Continuity still elude me)
MR11 and can solo every boss in the star chart, except maybe Vay Hek because I can't seem to find his weak point for the life of me.

27 minutes ago, IceStorm_III said:

I'm on a controller so fine aim isn't an option. I use the scaffold to get rid of Vomvalysts. The grenades are just fun to use, and 2x the damage via Volt's shield.

Its a giant Robot Skeleton.... you don't need fine aim to hit it... in any case its x2 Crit Damage through a volt shield... not x2 Damage.... meaning if your Amp doesn't Crit then The Shields do absolutely nothing.... not that it matters... The Shraksun scaffold has better DPS Upclose anyway...plus its also a Grenade so the fun factor still there.

As for the Vomvalyst.... ignore them... they're just going to keep coming.... if you focus on them then its going to cause the hunts to drag on longer than necessary.

Well, you have to work on your builds and set ups. Specialize each load out. Use the simulacrum for testing. Getting to the point of easily being able to go over an hour in any survival mission should indicate that you're ready to start thinking about sorties. If you understand the damage system (crits, procs, and weaknesses), you should be educated enough to build for the situations and conditions of each sortie mission. Though you'll need some general smarts to properly prepare and not get carried... In time, you'll be doing these things daily and it'll start to feel easy and monotonous. You'll be doing eidolon hunts, elite onslaught, and arbitrations. You'll outgrow them all. At this point, you;ll start to transition into the blank space that would normally be home to the "endgame". You might even start watching Life of Rio after that. 

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sure... if you like Barely surviving by the skin of your Teeth then yeah.... not necessary.

Nova is better with Primed Continuity
shotguns need Primed Point Blank.... they are extremely awful without them....
Melee has the Sacrifial Set as a semi decent Alternative to Primed Pressure Point

Actually its just easier to use the wiki...

so what you're saying is the game was impossible to play before those Mods existed? as usual i think that's just saying it's your user error that you can't operate the game without them since the rest of us did for many years before they existed.

• ofcourse everything is better with Primed Continuity. 25% Duration isn't going to make or break anything though. it's just extra on top.
  • 2.65 / 1.9 == 1.3947x
    • Shotguns are unusably terrible without an extra 39% Damage? seriously? please learn how arithmetic works.
  • Sacrificial Pressure is literally weaker than normal Pressure Point. what Melee Weapons do you even think you're going to put both Sacrificial Mods on? if you do you're going to end up with empty Slots and therefore deal less Damage in the end anyways.
    • and if you say Umbral Forma then i'm going to laugh so hard that i'll make myself go deaf.
    • Sacrifical Steel is pretty nice for making Blood Rush even more stupid, but Melee Weapons perform great without it.

the Wiki has everything already noted down ofcourse, yes. but i try to help people learn how to educate themselves so that they don't rely on other people to do everything for them. especially ways that they can figure out things within the game, unless the game completely fails and they have to go outside of it to find that information (which ofcourse sometimes you do).
perhaps you would benefit from the same?

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

in any case its x2 Crit Damage through a volt shield... not x2 Damage.... meaning if your Amp doesn't Crit then The Shields do absolutely nothing

that's fine. the Burst Grenade Prism is Crit weighted anyways. and it has good overall performance since it has two instances of Damage per Shot as well as some AoE.
if one isn't carrying Void Strike then what Amp Parts they use doesn't even matter, you're just picking whatever you like that also has good Crit Stats. which is more to do with Eidolon Damage Resits than anything else. Crits are like 4-8x Damage on Eidolons than non Crits, regardless of Crit Damage.

Edited by taiiat

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Why Killstream ? If you reach max Rank with SU you can just use Splat Loader instead.... I think killstream is only worth it if you you're using it with Arcane Awakening... 

Not really.... Catchmoon is The Noob Trap.... sure its good... can easily hold its with even best Primaries but the damage will eventually fall off at point where both RattleGuts and Tombfinger can keep going... that plus the Riven Dispersion Nerf on Catchmoon was the final nail in the coffin for me... of course they nerfed it because of its Popularity.... you know.... if you do use the other ones they're going to nerf those too... 

Because Splat is not worth it, really. As a Pax Charge user, Killstream basically gives me infinite ammo.

And shhhh, don't say that, I actually hate the Catchmoon but I have to distract people from the others.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

so what you're saying is the game was impossible to play before those Mods existed?

Im pretty sure thats not what I said....

Heres what I said:

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sure... if you like Barely surviving by the skin of your Teeth then yeah.... not necessary.

How do you get "Impossible" from this ?

16 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Im pretty sure thats not what I said....

you implied that there was high "difficulty" of playing normal content without Primed Mods.

when... Players were playing vs Enemies of much higher Level than Players do nowadays, when our Stats were much lower? and not really having much trouble to say the least.
even when just alone rather than with friends, i used to play Survival for a couple hours when i was bored. before Primed Mods, before Focus, the list goes on?

and you're gonna tell me that you're going to be borderline unable to play a Sortie without Primed Mods? surely, you jest. most of the Gamemodes don't even ask you to put yourself in harms way, taking Damage from the Enemies. i'm not even entirely sure which if any do. maybe Defense?
even then Endless Gamemodes in Sorties are boringly easy nowadays vs when they asked Players to play one Rotation. instead of nowadays that they end almost before it even starts.

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Because Splat is not worth it, really. As a Pax Charge user, Killstream basically gives me infinite ammo.

they're both fine, shrug. even without Charge i'd still generally take Killstream because a few extra Shots is w/e compared to making my Reloads interrupt me as little as possible, from my perspective.
also shieeeee i missed that line from earlier

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I think killstream is only worth it if you you're using it with Arcane Awakening... 

Awakening is kinda meh. an extra 31% Damage is... kinda ok but not really that big of a difference. not worth losing something EHP or Utility related, atleast. DPS Arcanes have always been a mixed bag in the best of situations(being hyper niche at best), and usually just actually bad.
there were a few exceptions though - Strike since Melee Weapons are different, and Fury because Pressure Point was notably lower than what Guns had, though now P.Pressure Point weakens the benefit of using it. Avenger because it's a Flat Value. 

Edited by taiiat

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you implied that there was high "difficulty" of playing normal content without Primed Mods

I didn't imply it.... I literally said what I meant and most importantly difficulty has got nothing to do with it.... they are gear checks. If you're not doing enough damage well then you're screwed.... its not more difficult its just really annoying having to empty so many clips to kill one enemy.

12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

when... Players were playing vs Enemies of much higher Level than Players do nowadays, when our Stats were much lower? and not really having much trouble to say the least.
even when just alone rather than with friends, i used to play Survival for a couple hours when i was bored. before Primed Mods, before Focus, the list goes on?

That's you... and you have different definition of balance then most other people do.... I know for a fact that sorties are a real pain in the ass without Primed Mods.... don't get me wrong I was able to solo a few of them but always with Cheese tactics and battles of attrition...

Its not enough for it to be merely Possible to complete sorties.... it needs to be practical.... consistent and more importantly... fun.... factors that you always forget about when you say "No you don't need those to play the game".... and that's what it always boils down to.... I factor in those things.... you don't.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and you're gonna tell me that you're going to be borderline unable to play a Sortie without Primed Mods?

Here we go again....heres what I said: 

34 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Until you learn to read this properly and accept it for it means then we're just going to keep going in circles.... please.... READ properly !!!

When I first started to do Level-80-100 Sortie missions, they were challenging. My go-to frame at the time was Rhino and the frame helped me get though many missions and Sortie. So survival ability is the first thing I would pay attention to. 

On 2019-05-18 at 6:08 AM, Lutesque said:

You won't be, "barely," surviving by the, "skin of your teeth," without Primed mods. If you actually know how to play the game and not treat it as a stat simulator then you'll survive just fine. Aim gliding, double jumping, rolling, sliding, taking a frame with survival skills (Oberon, Rhino, Revenant, etc, etc), aiming for headshots, taking advantage of forced slash procs in your melee weapons... the list goes on. Some of these things benefit from Primed mods but all of them will function just fine without them.

Sortie levels are not that high. You have numerous tools to make up for lack of, "the same mod but with a higher number." Your seeming lack of understanding on how to take advantage of the game mechanics is nobody's problem but your own.

4 hours ago, Chipputer said:

You won't be, "barely," surviving by the, "skin of your teeth," without Primed mods.

Speak for Yourself....

If you actually know how to play the game and not treat it as a stat simulator then you'll survive just fine.

Knowing how to play isn't going to increase you weapons damage or force a crit/status proc when you need it.... thats just pure RNG.... and primed mods and rivens help with consistency.

Aim gliding, double jumping, rolling, sliding, taking a frame with survival skills (Oberon, Rhino, Revenant, etc, etc), aiming for headshots, taking advantage of forced slash procs in your melee weapons... the list goes on.

The list if things that are irrelevant if the enemies can one shot you with a single stray projectile...

Some of these things benefit from Primed mods but all of them will function just fine without them.

That depends on the Sortie.... A shotgun only Tolsto Assassination thats just fine us going to be a nightmare with The Ambulas Assassination with Elemental Enhancement with the same setup...

Sortie levels are not that high. You have numerous tools to make up for lack of, "the same mod but with a higher number." Your seeming lack of understanding on how to take advantage of the game mechanics is nobody's problem but your own.

Its not the levels thats the problem... its the conditions....and you can't take advantage of RNG.... if your weapon doesn't crit or proc slash well then too bad... you're #*!%ed... players who normally start sorties don't even have such a weapon to begin with especially if everybody and their mother keeps Praising the Hek like its some sort end all and be all weapon. 

Цитата

Knowing how to play isn't going to increase you weapons damage or force a crit/status proc when you need it.... thats just pure RNG.... and primed mods and rivens help with consistency.

You have warfames for a reason.

Its better than primed and riven mods combined.

And they are also the main source of survivability so i have no effing clue why "primed mods" should affect Inaros or Gara for example, first one just needs vitality and life strike and second heeds vitality and intensify and thats it.

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

its not more difficult its just really annoying having to empty so many clips to kill one enemy.

I know for a fact that sorties are a real pain in the ass without Primed Mods

it needs to be practical.... consistent and more importantly... fun

please READ properly !!!

if you're magdumping into Enemies and they aren't dying, that sounds like an issue with preparation. optimize your Damage to the Enemies you're shooting at, maybe consider the Mods that you often complain are bad when they are actually optimal, Et Cetera.

what about the part where i said that most or more of the Primed Mods didn't exist when Sorties were new? and Players were Killing Enemies just fine then too. bullet hoses Killing in a few burts and Spike Damage Weapons in a shot or two.

seems plenty practical to me. but what is your definition of fun? idling for Timers or something? having double or triple the Stats makes the Enemies die on their own easier, but ultimately this is a Shooter and you could Kill them with little issue by moving to and from them and... just clicking on them. 

i'm reading what you write, but i guess the words you write aren't what you mean? or something? i don't know.
'barely by the skin of your teeth' literally translates into 'borderline unplayable'. soooo.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Knowing how to play isn't going to increase you weapons damage or force a crit/status proc when you need it.... thats just pure RNG

The list if things that are irrelevant if the enemies can one shot you with a single stray projectile...

going to be a nightmare with The Ambulas Assassination with Elemental Enhancement with the same setup...

Its not the levels thats the problem... its the conditions

• we have many ways for us to push Randomization on our Weapons in our favor, in the game.
  • if you're getting constantly Killed by a Ballista or something, i don't know what to tell you. the Sniper type Enemies have Accuracy Parabolas to work with, just like almost every other Enemy. (except things like Bombards that don't have any Accuracy to deal with, they just shoot straight but that's also a weakness too)
    • you won't get deleted by some Sniper Enemy if you.... move closer to it. if you get close to Sniper Enemies, they will literally start shooting backwards behind them with how far the Parabola skews their Accuracy.
      some Enemies are accurate at close Range, some long Range. you can find the extremes for each type of Enemy and take advantage of it. (like how the optimal Range for Shotgun Enemies isn't actually 0 Meters, it's like 2-3 so if you get within licking Range they'll have a hard time hitting you - in addition to just getting far away)
  • Elemental Bonus on Ambulas is super fun. i enjoy taking a Shield Tank and standing in front of the orbital Weapons and watching them plink off of me. Lv100 Damage Scaling + 3-4x Damage is funny when i regen for >2400/sec :)
    • for the Enemies themselves, well, being resistant to some Damage Types means they aren't to some others. so use those. not to mention that highly resisting a Damage Type doesn't mean they're resisting the Status Effect, so the Utility of a certain Status Effect isn't diminished.
    • and obviously when Enemies are 50% more resistant to Elemental Types, then you switch to Physical Types and use those Physical Mods that basically never get used since they're bad for Damage in almost all cases and only used to change the Status weighting.
    • not to mention perhaps you should investigate the complex Body Part Multipliers that Ambulas has. it's a pretty detailed Enemy, and if you Spawn some in Simulation and experiment a bit, you might even find some secrets to dealing massively more Damage...
  • like what? i can't really think of a Sortie Modifier that is really painful. maybe Magnetic Bonus, since Enemies will apply Magnetic Status repeatedly? that would be somewhat painful, though there are ways to mitigate that (like uh, Abilities or Arcanes that can prevent receiving the Status Effect)

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

first one just needs vitality and life strike

(i mean, 3/4 of Inaros' Abilities Heal, too? and doing a single Finisher will basically fully Heal? Life Strike works too though sure, shrug)

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

If you're magdumping into Enemies and they aren't dying, that sounds like an issue with preparation. optimize your Damage to the Enemies you're shooting at, maybe consider the Mods that you often complain are bad when they are actually optimal, Et Cetera.

"Magdumping" ?

In any case preparation is obviously going to be an issue for players new to sorties or players working their way up the Star Chart.... this might come as a shock to you but its not uncommon for those players to not have their mods upgraded or gear fully formad or even have those mods at all to begin with... again.... you didn't factor that in because you're running around fully optimized all the time.... This is obviously not the situation players new to sorties are going to be in.... that being said... it doesn't matter... I went into some sorties as prepared as I could be for a player at my level and got oneshotted anyway.... granted this didn't happen when I was using Octavia but with Volt, Nova and Trinity I just got killed over and again. And your Precious Hek even with the Scattered Justice Augment on top of Hell's Chamber and Vigilante Armaments barely tickled the enemies....

what about the part where i said that most or more of the Primed Mods didn't exist when Sorties were new? and Players were Killing Enemies just fine then too. bullet hoses Killing in a few burts and Spike Damage Weapons in a shot or two.

I wasn't around then don't know nor do I care how sorties were back then... 

seems plenty practical to me. but what is your definition of fun? idling for Timers or something? having double or triple the Stats makes the Enemies die on their own easier, but ultimately this is a Shooter and you could Kill them with little issue by moving to and from them and... just clicking on them

My definition of fun is the game not killing me while im making a genuine effort to stay alive... 

My definition of fun is  literally just one single enemy dying before I need to reload....

My definition of fun is having sone sort of reliable way to heal or get my energy back.... im not expecting to be immortal but its just not fun dying so quickly despite constantly moving and only being able to use your Abilities only once at the beginning of the mission. 

i'm reading what you write, but i guess the words you write aren't what you mean? or something? i don't know.
'barely by the skin of your teeth' literally translates into 'borderline unplayable'. soooo

Clearly you definitely are not. At no point did I ever use the word impossible and yet for whatever reason despite me attempting to correct you twice now ypu believe thats exactly what I said... so yeah... you didn't read. I get to make that claim because that is most definitely not what I said.

we have many ways for us to push Randomization on our Weapons in our favor, in the game.

Indeed you do.... They're called Primed Mods, Rivens and arcanes...

•  
  • if you're getting constantly Killed by a Ballista or something, i don't know what to tell you. the Sniper type Enemies have Accuracy Parabolas to work with, just like almost every other Enemy. (except things like Bombards that don't have any Accuracy to deal with, they just shoot straight but that's also a weakness too)

I don't see what im getting killed by half the time..... im too busy moving to stop and check exactly which enemies are one shotting me....

However I do remember getting one shot multiple times ny lanka wielding Corrupted Nullifiers.... 

On time I turned a blind corner and got deleted by a Sobek wielding Seeker.... again.... this wasn't even a sortie....  This was a typical invasion on sedna and I was running around with Volt which I did mod properly with Redirerction and vitality and one single enemy killed me while I was moving....

I think these are the only two instances where I saw exactly what killed me.... Other times its just me dying instantaneously dying (again at full health and shields) with no clue what or where the damage came from....

The most recent instance this happened was during arbitrations with Mag.... literally 700HP... 2000 Overshields.... and all of a sudden my Frame was gone.... in this case I wasn't moving.... I mean I was but I wasn't evading anything because we were killing the enemies quickly..... I died when moving acrosss the platform to reach enemies I could see on my radar but not on my screen.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

you won't get deleted by some Sniper Enemy if you.... move closer to it. if you get close to Sniper Enemies, they will literally start shooting backwards behind them with how far the Parabola skews their Accuracy.

LoL.... how the hell would I even know if there are snipers at all in the vicinity at all... they would kill me before I even know they exist....

some Enemies are accurate at close Range, some long Range.

Well then you screwed.... theres always enemies all the time so which ever group you try to deal with will get you killed by the other group.

Elemental Bonus on Ambulas is super fun. i enjoy taking a Shield Tank and standing in front of the orbital Weapons and watching them plink off of me. Lv100 Damage Scaling + 3-4x Damage is funny when i regen for >2400/sec :)

Theres no such thing as a Shield Tank... shields are rubbish.... yes... even with Hildryn they still delete huge chunks of it.

for the Enemies themselves, well, being resistant to some Damage Types means they aren't to some others. so use those. not to mention that highly resisting a Damage Type doesn't mean they're resisting the Status Effect, so the Utility of a certain Status Effect isn't diminished.

Thats all good and fun except in the Ambulas case its literally just Radiation.... if they take that away from you then well you are basically #*!%ed.... and #*!%ed we were... 

and obviously when Enemies are 50% more resistant to Elemental Types, then you switch to Physical Types and use those Physical Mods that basically never get used since they're bad for Damage in almost all cases and only used to change the Status weighting.

You mean those ones dropped by The Eidolons ? Are you starting to see the issue with your counter arguments...

not to mention perhaps you should investigate the complex Body Part Multipliers that Ambulas has. it's a pretty detailed Enemy, and if you Spawn some in Simulation and experiment a bit, you might even find some secrets to dealing massively more Damage...

Oh thanks let me try tha-- oh no wait... need to scan more Ambulases.... don't get me wrong I actually did this but still kind of counter intuitive design.... especially if I can just look up the wiki.... which I don't have to grind to get an access key for.

like what? i can't really think of a Sortie Modifier that is really painful. maybe Magnetic Bonus, since Enemies will apply Magnetic Status repeatedly? that would be somewhat painful, though there are ways to mitigate that (like uh, Abilities or Arcanes that can prevent receiving the Status Effect)

Ofcourse you can't... you are incapable of grasping anything outside of your builds...

(i mean, 3/4 of Inaros' Abilities Heal, too? and doing a single Finisher will basically fully Heal? Life Strike works too though sure, shrug)

No it definitely does not... it literally doesn't even give 30%.... The most I've gotten from a finisher is about  20%... it takes 4-5 finishers to fully heal.

49 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

In any case preparation is obviously going to be an issue for players new to sorties or players working their way up the Star Chart.... this might come as a shock to you but its not uncommon for those players to not have their mods upgraded or gear fully formad or even have those mods

My definition of fun is the game not killing me while im making a genuine effort to stay alive... 

My definition of fun is having sone sort of reliable way to heal or get my energy back.... im not expecting to be immortal but its just not fun dying so quickly despite constantly moving and only being able to use your Abilities only once at the beginning of the mission. 

damn, if only every Veteran Player that responded early on in this Thread all agreed that collecting basic Mods from the various Enemies and Missions around the Solar Map is a good place to start for being prepared for Sorties.

if you're not allowed to lose as long as you're putting in some sort of effort, then.... i guess you have to be saying that you want a game to provide no risk or challenge of any sort? because that's the only way that a game can ensure that you always win when you're putting in some effort.
in games that don't just put me to sleep at all times though, if you're always winning then there isn't really much resistance or your stats are just nonsensical. Warframe is some amounts of both there, heh.

there's plenty of Equipment options for Energy availability and Healing. pick some of them. Arcanes and Focus is just extra on top of the many options already given to you. that have worked well for millions of other Players over the years.

57 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Indeed you do.... They're called Primed Mods, Rivens and arcanes...

I don't see what im getting killed by half the time..... im too busy moving to stop and check exactly which enemies are one shotting me....

• However I do remember getting one shot multiple times ny lanka wielding Corrupted Nullifiers.... 
  • On time I turned a blind corner and got deleted by a Sobek wielding Seeker
  • The most recent instance this happened was during arbitrations with Mag.... literally 700HP... 2000 Overshields.... I wasn't evading anything because we were killing the enemies quickly

• LoL.... how the hell would I even know if there are snipers at all in the vicinity at all... they would kill me before I even know they exist....
  • Well then you screwed.... theres always enemies all the time so which ever group you try to deal with will get you killed by the other group.
  • Theres no such thing as a Shield Tank... shields are rubbish.... yes... even with Hildryn they still delete huge chunks of it.
  • Thats all good and fun except in the Ambulas case its literally just Radiation.... if they take that away from you then well you are basically #*!%ed.... and #*!%ed we were... 
  • You mean those ones dropped by The Eidolons ? Are you starting to see the issue with your counter arguments...
  • need to scan more Ambulases.... don't get me wrong I actually did this but still kind of counter intuitive design.... especially if I can just look up the wiki.... which I don't have to grind to get an access key for.
  • Ofcourse you can't... you are incapable of grasping anything outside of your builds...
  • No it definitely does not... it literally doesn't even give 30%.... The most I've gotten from a finisher is about  20%... it takes 4-5 finishers to fully heal.
  • i was thinking more of... adjusting Damage Type weights to give you the Status Effects you're looking for, Multi-Shot to dramatically increase Crit reliability, situational Mods that offer more of these Stats on top of the basic Mods..... the list goes on.
  • you can move quickly and pan your Camera at the same time, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • see my previous post where i talk about Accuracy Parabolas and Sniper Enemies are Accurate at long Ranges.
    • Seekers don't carry Sobeks, but yes you could get shot by a Trooper sometimes. an Enemy will probably shoot you sometimes. you can compesate with Parkour to make them not hit you or get into a more favorable position or... the same things dozens of us have been repeating that we use fine but you suggest doesn't work.
    • soo... it sounds like you weren't dodging the Enemies, and so they Shot you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Ballistas have a freaking laser beam. Nullifiers are a walking bubble. Et Cetera. they're pretty visible Enemies.
  • you're supposed to actually Kill some of these Enemies too. not just avoid the Damage from one type of them while dying to the rest.
  • you keep saying that, but i'm not dying, and you are dying. but apparently my Shields aren't able to take any Damage. i must just be hallucinating.
    • perhaps you'll also tell us all about how the native Armor Stat of Warframes is the most important thing in the game too and completely determines the durability of a Warframe? since that's about the same level of anti-knowledge we're talking about here.
  • if you think the only Damage Type that you can use against Ambulas is Radiation, this just shows how ill prepared you are by not knowing anything about your Enemy.
  • those Physical Mods are offered via Eidolons now, but between the original Events and their addition to Eidolons, they were available via Void Trader many, many times. maybe they even have been offered via Void Trader after that, i don't pay attention to if they have been or not since i already have many of each from basically every time the Mods were available (many times, by now).
  • you only need to Scan important Enemies like a Boss 3 times to have full information on them. this is exactly how the real world works. you would research your subject matter in order to learn more about it. learning Body Part Multipliers is fairly complicated stuff, while i've taken to upkeeping the chart of them on the relevant Wiki Article, text only does so much to explain them. visuals helps a lot, and Simulation is great for that. you could actually practice how the Enemy works, so you know how to deal with it.
  • while i do have the intention of making screenshot charts for the Body Part Multipliers sometime so people can see everything from there.... well it's not there now.
  • and either way, you could learn things yourself so that you can know what you're doing rather than just copying from elsewhere. you've made it abundantly clear that you may not be though, so i digress.
  • yes, i definitely have trouble grasping problems that someone complains about while also insisting that they are very knowledgeable. you can't be both. either you aren't really sure what you're doing and have trouble completing content, or you know what you're doing and don't. not both.
  • it's 20%. which is no shortage of Health there. can just do a Finisher here and there and you'll never die.

Цитата

(i mean, 3/4 of Inaros' Abilities Heal, too? and doing a single Finisher will basically fully Heal? Life Strike works too though sure, shrug)

Both methods of regaining health has its downsides, life strike is imo by far the easiest method of it and whats even more important, once you get it it works for every single warframe and not just inaros

On 2019-05-18 at 12:31 PM, Dycie said:
So, I've just about finished the star chart (only need to do the DS missions), and I think that sorties are the next step to work towards. I'm just not feeling confident enough to do so. What is it that I need to work towards in order to get that far? Farming endo for prime mods? Getting other rare mods I don't have yet? (ex. Rage and Continuity still elude me)
MR11 and can solo every boss in the star chart, except maybe Vay Hek because I can't seem to find his weak point for the life of me.

1. This game purely depend on your mods. rough calculation of mods you need,

if enemey lvl 10 you only need 1 mod max

lvl 20 = 2 mod

lvl 30 = 3 mod

lvl 40 = 4 mod

and so on till lvl 80 you will need to forma it and all mod max then you will be able to kill them easily.

2. regarding vay hek, you need loki, put a decoy till his exhaust open and just shoot his face.

3. Instead of having here and there. Try to make :

1 frame ( i suggest loki) all maxed with mods.

1 melee

1 bow

1 shotgin

1 sniper

1 rifle

all of them formaed and maxed.

get the rare mods from orokin direlict runs like capture or exterminate.

even with all the basic mods, you still can do sorties easily but need some more effort.

On 2019-05-18 at 12:31 AM, Dycie said:

I think that sorties are the next step to work towards

If you can hold your own in high level missions nodes 40+ and are not getting one shot. You should be fine to do sorties in a group. If you find them too hard you need to work on builds and ranking up mods.

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 7:31 PM, Lutesque said:

Its a giant Robot Skeleton.... you don't need fine aim to hit it...

That was more in reference to the Vomvalysts and my choice of scaffold, but grenades are useful for splash damage, and just fun to use in general as I can lob them from far away.

in any case its x2 Crit Damage through a volt shield... not x2 Damage....

Then I guess I'm doing well with crit damage as my little blue numbers double when I use Volt's shield.

The Shraksun scaffold has better DPS Upclose anyway...plus its also a Grenade so the fun factor still there.

As fun as that seems to be, I prefer not to stand under Terry.

As for the Vomvalyst.... ignore them...

Yeah... no. Solo, if you let them gather they beat up you, your Warframe, your Companion, and then resupply the Eidolon. In a PUG, especially when you get people who have not finished The Second Dream, someone needs to clear them or they just keep killing those new to Eidolon hunting.

Plenty of ways to play this game. I have no problems with Chromas one-shotting synovias or Harrows trying to keep people alive, but I prefer to go on a hunt assuming I'll end up having to solo it, or carry people. I still use a Lanka as well, so feel free to let the hate flow on that. 🙂