Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode No Shield Balancing(Energy Drain Issue).

Makemap

I really think no shield mode for nightmare should not drain your energy because most of the frames cannot tank like Rhino. There is absolutely no way to kill mobs fast enough before they overrun you with 0 energy.

Suggestion #1 Remove energy draining from no shield mode.

Suggestion #2 Just like "Time limit mode" and "Losing HP mode". Every kill gives you energy. Also reduce the Speed of energy draining, it drains way faster than Energy Siphon giving energy.

Edited by Makemap

or just be careful and aim.

No mater how accurate your fire,you still get shot during and health doesn't regenerate without help.

I was lucky so far to fall on this mode only with Rhyno, but it was still annoying. Also, not having shields/energy regenerate from kills makes it harder then vamppire mode which allows that.

Makemap has my support

Edited by bluehawk1976

No mater how accurate your fire,you still get shot during and health doesn't regenerate without help.

I was lucky so far to fall on this mode only with Rhyno, but it was still annoying. Also, not having shields/energy regenerate from kills makes it harder then vamppire mode which allows that.

Makemap has my support

Someone gets it.

No Shields and Energy Drain should not be able to go together imo, i find that with those 2 no together its so hard to do some of the higher level nightmares because you take so much health dmg and so many frames rely on energy to help them survive.

Maybe DE could add in more like say 50% ammo or a centain weapon solt is unusable if they where to change this, also it would be nice to have a msg at start like you do with timer telling you what effects where on

to be honest, Nightmare makes some of the frames that are super easy mode normally, less easy mode, and makes others take the frontlines. 

and, use the walls as cover. don't be charging ahead unless you're planning on avoiding enemy contact at all times. 

the fact that you must think about incoming damage and manage your energy when you get some, makes it very different from the normal missions.

swap out some of your caster cards for survivability, throw on a different Aura than Energy Siphon(which is basically useless in Nightmare 99% of the time), weapons that can stun enemies may also be superior to damage output if your group isn't going to be moving quickly. 

the only missions that Nightmare can really screw over would be Defenses & Mobile Defenses whilst Energy Drain is in effect. that is pretty brutal, i admit.

some frames heavily rely on some mechanics that Nightmare takes away, and there comes the big issues. Warframes that can survive without shields, as well as sufficient weapons and use of cover to avoid taking unnecessary damage really tones Nightmare down. Nightmare is supposed to be more 'difficult' than normal missions, by challenging players to play the game in a different manner than they usually would. it's like if you usually do 50 pushups a day, and one day you decide you want to do chinups instead. it's something totally different, though with similar results. so it's difficult unless you learn how Nightmare differs from the normal missions.

(psst, Rhino relies on Energy and Shields which puts him at a double disadvantage in Nightmare)

clannies and i enjoy when Kiste lines up for Nightmare, we grab our guns to level, and we run it until it's no longer Nightmare. easily completed (unless energy Drain is on, that's brutal like i mentioned)with 2 Rhino's and a Saryn, also doable with a Loki and a Saryn. many other choices, just us using frames we enjoy, and adapting them to the situation.

"What's a Shield for?", Says Saryn. 

Edited by taiiat

to be honest, Nightmare makes some of the frames that are super easy mode normally, less easy mode, and makes others take the frontlines. 

and, use the walls as cover. don't be charging ahead unless you're planning on avoiding enemy contact at all times. 

the fact that you must think about incoming damage and manage your energy when you get some, makes it very different from the normal missions.

swap out some of your caster cards for survivability, throw on a different Aura than Energy Siphon(which is basically useless in Nightmare 99% of the time), weapons that can stun enemies may also be superior to damage output if your group isn't going to be moving quickly. 

the only missions that Nightmare can really screw over would be Defenses & Mobile Defenses whilst Energy Drain is in effect. that is pretty brutal, i admit.

"What's a Shield for?", Says Saryn. 

Um, ya you don't even get what I'm talking about. The system is random. What I am suggesting is No shield and energy drain shouldn't be together. It makes sense for energy drain is with other settings like time limit. But this one setting is just way too harsh for every player making the game impossible to get through.

Edited by Makemap