Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LIMBO BANISH ABILITY REWORK

IvanMortem

DISCLAIMER: This post was only made with the purpose of adding more feedback to this game.

First thing I thought was that Limbo's banish is very annoying for other team mates because it makes enemies unkillable for everyone who doesn't have the effect of it.

The changes I want to implement are some synergies with Cataclism, I mean, changing the way enemies are affected by Banish could make it more convenient with just adding a feature near the energy pool as a wheel that appears when you cast Cataclism, that wheel shows the amount of charges you have with Banish to "banish" the enemies inside the bubble of the rift. Those charges could be augmented in number with power strengh.

Edit: Allies won't be affected by this synergy.

Edited by IvanMortem

I think it just needs the aoe part of it put to hold to cast. regular tap should be single target.

As far as cataclysm goes it would be cool if you could banish enemies from it. Basically Banish would behave like an inverter. When outside of cataclysm enemies under the affects of banish are in the rift, but within the sphere they are pulled out (but still have the banish timer applied to them. This way if cataclysm is removed while they are inside and still "banished" they get returned to the rift without any additional inputs.

(sorry I am not the best at explaining)

• Like 2

wow '-' I've never seen such uncomprehensible idea about Limbo xD
and I'm a Limbo main.. sometimes 😃
It's true that banish can be annoying sometimes, this is why i'm often afraid of using it, when allies are near.
It's a cone zone, it can affect more target that we initialy want, allies included..
But, when a Limbo uses banish, it's because he has a plan, it's because he wants to deal with these enemies personaly.
The more often, he already has activated stasis before.
The only change that I could want for banish, is to make the ability function in two way.
1- simple press: it doesn't affect allies, and maybe it has a smaller range.
2 - hold a little, like Gara's 1 or Nezha's 2, and it affect allies, and maybe with a little more damage.

Other idea, to please those who want a single target version, why not put that on a simple press, but when you aim with your weapon ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IvanMortem said:

It's a great idea too, but i cannot understand what you say last when cataclism is removed.

Also more possibilities could help DE find even a better solution.

basically it means that if cataclysm were to run out while enemies were inside you would be safe, because everyone who was in the rift would be moved out of it, and the banished enemies that were inside the catalyst would go from being unrifted to rifted. It's basically a very specific scenario that would be interesting to mess around with but wouldn't hurt any current limbo playstyles