Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you expect about the ropalolist?

Im hoping it takes less than 15 minutes. Not that a long battle is bad, I just dont have the attention span....shiny....what was I talking about? But seriously im a fan of bite size content. I like good fights not long fights. Quality and quantity are not always hand in hand.

I'm expecting the usual community divide, where some will cry about how easy and boring it is, while others will complain about being too hard and annoying.

I just hope that it comes with a good story behind, a battle that has some logic to it rather than just shoot the thing ( like they did with the Exploiter ), and a interesting reward pool/points that allows it to be repeatable and fun.

I expect short phases, but up to 3 at least

1. Phase with that "cube" over its head as a weakpoint
  2. Phase, the cube is broken and the Ropalolyst itself looks damaged, but still up for a fight
  3. Phase, Alad V comes out of literally nowhere like "You though that I was dead, but I was just waiting for the right moment, that is now, as you just activated my trap card!!" and have the Ropalolyst turn into an Amalgam/Mutalist... amalgamation?

Don't expect much in the lore department, just this thing being the reason for alad having sentient tech to play with. I think its unlikely that the Ropalolyst is an Eidolon, but a fragment of a living one, way bigger one that is starting to wake up

Edited by Xolot

1 hour ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

I'm expecting the usual community divide, where some will cry about how easy and boring it is, while others will complain about being too hard and annoying.

I just hope that it comes with a good story behind, a battle that has some logic to it rather than just shoot the thing ( like they did with the Exploiter ), and a interesting reward pool/points that allows it to be repeatable and fun.

If you would have bothered with the related event the first time exploiter came around, you would know what's the logic behind it, because it's crystal clear.

1 hour ago, Xolot said:

I expect short phases, but up to 3 at least

1. Phase with that "cube" over its head as a weakpoint
  2. Phase, the cube is broken and the Ropalolyst itself looks damaged, but still up for a fight
  3. Phase, Alad V comes out of literally nowhere like "You though that I was dead, but I was just waiting for the right moment, that is now, as you just activated my trap card!!" and have the Ropalolyst turn into an Amalgam/Mutalist... amalgamation?

Don't expect much in the lore department, just this thing being the reason for alad having sentient tech to play with. I think its unlikely that the Ropalolyst is an Eidolon, but a fragment of a living one, way bigger one that is starting to wake up

(( Sorry double posting ))

You do know that eidolons are fragments of one big sentient? He's been also said being an eidolon by the staff on multiple lives, so...

Edited by mikakor

hace 14 minutos, mikakor dijo:

(( Sorry double posting ))

You do know that eidolons are fragments of one big sentient? He's been also said being an eidolon by the staff on multiple lives, so...

Eidolons are fragments of a dead one as far as we know. By saying that it isn't an Eidolon, I mean that the clean form, the one with a cube on its head (called first phase in my post), Isn't an Eidolon by itself, but a fragment of a living Sentient (like those on New War teaser) with a proper mission and purpose, and killing it, thus triggering the second phase, makes it come back from the dead as an Eidolon, out of control and extremelly dangerous as it no longer follows its original commands... until Alad reins it again with the infestation at least... 

Ok, scratch that, just looked for the 2 models again, and it seems the one with the cube on its head is actually using Unum's flesh as a hat, so it should be the Eidolon form, not the living fragment one. It can't pick up Tower flesh on the go, so that one must be exclusive from Cetus or something, and the other one (also featured in the teaser) must be the one we are facing in Gas City.

Wonder if they are calling both forms Eidolon because they are the same unit and its to just call them that, or they are just gonna say that all sentient fragments are Eidolons, doesn't matter if they come from dead or alive Sentients

Edited by Xolot