Jump to content
Argatar

As a 2013 veteran I am leaving Warframe.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Not to be too dramatic or anything but even though Warframe has been my favourite game for over 6 years now, i have decided to leave it completely UNTIL the chat moderation is fixed. Warframe is an M-RATED game. M for mature. We are now getting banned for saying any cuss words like it's roblox or club penguin. We have the word "badass" in the description of dethcube yet we get banned for saying "badass" in the chat. Disgusting. I've always been one of those players who stood up for DE in all controversies but this is just disgusting and in my opinion, game-breaking. All other veterans talk about is "where's muh endgame im leaving" but for me this was the breaking point, because it shows that something is clearly on the wrong path in the company. So many people complain, yet noone does anything, and that only means one thing: they don't care anymore. It hurts and saddens me but it's the truth. A fix as easy as making cuss words shown as "****" would have been a temporary saving grace, but no. Rahetalius, too, expertly made that video yet noone cared. They said he insulted Danielle and swept everything under the rug. 

I have been here since founder's packs were on sale, yet i admit i didn't buy one. I was 13 at the time. I'm in college now, and Warframe has been with me a long time. I speak from the heart. What kept me here so long weren't the updates but the vision of the devs, Steve's visison. His passion. Rebecca's passion. All of theirs. I know it's hard to be burdened with the failure of others, specially the main devs being fired at for the incompetence of whoever is currently chat mod, i know it's not their fault, but they need to step up. Every once in a while Warframe gets into one of those decisive crossroads, the kind where games die if not treated properly. This is one of them. Of course i wont die if im banned for a week for saying "great job man you were #*!%ing amazing", ill be just fine, the game will be just fine too, but it shows that something is wrong up there in the dev team, maybe a disassociation, maybe a rushed decision, maybe panic, but it turns the community against the devs, and the community is what keeps the game alive. The connection the community has with the devs. This personal connection gets demolished when such unanimous requests and cries get dismissed. I have watched Warframe from the inside pass every crossroad and get to the top. This time i will watch from the outside, but i hope the result is the same.

Digital Extremes, you're never too big too fall. Please remember that and continue the dream. We rely on you as much as you rely on us. 

 

 

Thanks for reading all this, whoever you are. I don't expect to repair all damage with this post, but even if it helps the game a little, then im happy. If we keep on playing and bowing our heads it seems they will never acknowledge how big a problem is.

rjmOMn9h.jpg

As much as it saddens me to say this, goodbye.

- Argatar 

Edited by Letter13
Derogatory and racial slurs removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Nya

Your access to region chat has been restricted. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

On this crossover episode of "Region Chat Bad" and "I'm Leaving Warframe and Feel The Need To Tell Everybody"-

One player, like hundreds before them, thinks they're the most important person ever. Watch as they bring up a resolved issue and mention a warframe partner that is a giant idiot. 

  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

On this crossover episode of "Region Chat Bad" and "I'm Leaving Warframe and Feel The Need To Tell Everybody"-

I know it's a forum and not a direct email, but my hope is that maybe somehow this will get to DE one way or another. If a partner who was backed up by so many people got written off, maybe losing playerbase will ring a bell. Though the way the other veterans are leaving due to lack of endgame and raids, i guess it's hard to pinpoint the cause of the declining playerbase. In any case, it should be on the priority list, not due to its importance but due to how easy it is to fix, not completely, but enough to please the players at the moment. I have seen the other reply and even though the other fellow thinks its a "resolved issue" i cant help but disagree seeing how i just got banned for mistakingly using caps lock too much in squad chat.

  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argatar said:

Snip cause it's pure nonsense anyways

ab8.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

ab8.jpg

I dont see why you tryna stir the pot. If you're aight with all these problems then getting into a fight with you would be just a bunch of "you freaking cornball you absolute poopy head " which sure enough you do you but us grown-ups wouldn't be offended if other squad members talked in chat as they do normally. "Haha im cool because i white knight for de 😎" Yea #*!% off mate will ya 😂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argatar said:

I dont see why you tryna stir the pot. If you're aight with all these problems then getting into a fight with you would be just a bunch of "you freaking cornball you absolute poopy head " which sure enough you do you but us grown-ups wouldn't be offended if other squad members talked in chat as they do normally. "Haha im cool because i white knight for de 😎" Yea #*!% off mate will ya 😂 

Far from a white knight, even further from childish nonsense like that. Seriously, study up. Chat moderation was updated a while ago. You're severely late to the party and your piss poor attempt at stirring S#&$ is hilarious to me. 

Also, don't get why people think it's absolutely necessary to talk about politics, spout slurs or generally be annoying in an online setting. You think mentally people would grow past 12 but that ain't how the world works. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Argatar said:

I know it's a forum and not a direct email, but my hope is that maybe somehow this will get to DE one way or another. 

You put a meme worthy announcement of yourself leaving in a section of the forums that DE has explicitly stated they ignore in the hope they'll notice it? Seriously. That's you're plan?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

don't get why people think it's absolutely necessary to talk about politics, spout slurs or generally be annoying in an online setting

It's not that they find it necessary. It's that people would like to be able to decide, for themselves, what is and isn't appropriate. A lot of them tend to forget that private chats exist for this, however, and they should keep it in there. It sends more of a message to follow the rules while respectfully offering your feedback on it. Unfortunately you can't really give proper feedback on moderation on these forums without it being locked, though, so it's impossible to enact any sort of change (and Rahetalius' video and the immediate response to that only proves why).

I do agree, however, that the public chats are over-moderated and I disagree with some of the banned words and reasons, particularly when it comes to specific, "slurs," that members of the community it supposedly harms will tell you that it doesn't. I understand DE, as a company, needs to cover their rear-ends, however, so I don't fault them for this and it's not like I use those particular words, anyway.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

You put a meme worthy announcement of yourself leaving in a section of the forums that DE has explicitly stated they ignore in the hope they'll notice it? Seriously. That's you're plan?

To my defense, i haven't actually seen how much of a cliché meme post i made until the damage was done, as i don't roam around the forums at all. Being 1 hour in and looking around i have indeed seen that if people who say they gon leave affect anything, it would have affected something already, as it seems every veteran has to leave for one reason or the other. 

Indeed it seems i am late to the party, and my frustrations from being banned every week for some small mistake got to me. It is what it is but the update of chat moderation barely changed anything. 

Imma come back after my ban i guess lmao. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's not that they find it necessary. It's that people would like to be able to decide, for themselves, what is and isn't appropriate. A lot of them tend to forget that private chats exist for this, however, and they should keep it in there. It sends more of a message to follow the rules while respectfully offering your feedback on it. Unfortunately you can't really give proper feedback on moderation on these forums without it being locked, though, so it's impossible to enact any sort of change (and Rahetalius' video and the immediate response to that only proves why).

I do agree, however, that the public chats are over-moderated and I disagree with some of the banned words and reasons, particularly when it comes to specific, "slurs," that members of the community it supposedly harms will tell you that it doesn't. I understand DE, as a company, needs to cover their rear-ends, however, so I don't fault them for this and it's not like I use those particular words, anyway.

I agree with you but in my opinion their rear ends are already covered with the official M-rating the game has. And overrestricting expression like this will only lead to roblox-like "go commit not breathe" memes which will only make stuff more difficult. An unmoderated chat is only as bad as its community, and i think the wf community is one of the better ones. The "nezha is a trap" scandal that kinda started it all isnt even that bad, it's just a joke on the fact that we all kinda thought he was female at first 

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argatar said:

To my defense, i haven't actually seen how much of a cliché meme post i made until the damage was done, as i don't roam around the forums at all. Being 1 hour in and looking around i have indeed seen that if people who say they gon leave affect anything, it would have affected something already, as it seems every veteran has to leave for one reason or the other. 

Indeed it seems i am late to the party, and my frustrations from being banned every week for some small mistake got to me. It is what it is but the update of chat moderation barely changed anything. 

Imma come back after my ban i guess lmao. 

I can respect that. Always nice to see some one take a step back and think. God speed tenno. 

Also, disable region chat. It improved my sanity by 12 points. Plus, there are better chat alternatives. Like discord, teamspeak, a phone, someone else's phone, a clown's phone, etc.

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argatar said:

I agree with you but in my opinion their rear ends are already covered with the official M-rating the game has. And overrestricting expression like this will only lead to roblox-like "go commit not breathe" memes which will only make stuff more difficult. An unmoderated chat is only as bad as its community, and i think the wf community is one of the better ones. The "nezha is a trap" scandal that kinda started it all isnt even that bad, it's just a joke on the fact that we all kinda thought he was female at first 

M-rating is for the content of the game itself, though. The player interactions aren't included in that.

Also, that particular scandal is one of the, "slurs," I'm referring to. The history of the word proves that it was originally a meme about anime characters, turned into a positive word to refer to passing trans folk, and then got co-opted during this outrage culture that we live in now. It's one of the, "DE has to cover their rear-ends," words that I absolutely can't stand.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I see one of these posts, regardless of the content, I always see people saying they don't care etc. 

Why? Sometimes they bring up very valid points and issues. We probably should care a little more.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Yousho said:

Every time I see one of these posts, regardless of the content, I always see people saying they don't care etc. 

Why? Sometimes they bring up very valid points and issues. We probably should care a little more.

1- they can bring up these issues without stating that they're leaving, at least not in the title, because it directs the focus towards you leaving and not the issue and making it sound that the issue is SO big that even YOU left, and you leaving is a big deal which it isn't 

2- this issue has been brought up, talked about and acknowledged by DE themselves. they know, so there's no further need to bring it up, at least not in an 'I quit' post  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, leaving Warframe because of chat moderation, something thats been a known and discussed issue for a long time, and that can easily be ignored OMG  .. in other words you spend all your time in chat and are kinda precious .. at first I felt bad that another Vet is leaving .. but after reading about why I'm like.. "dont let the door hit you on the way out" ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you have decided to leave. Best of luck to you, and may you find enjoyment in whatever game you decide to pick up next.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...