Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Companion Loot Detection Mods Still Work When in Archwing Mode?

Zeoran

Question

I was wondering if someone could clear up something.  I know your companion goes into "invulnerability" mode when you're in archwing mode, like flying around Orb Vallis.  My quesiton is: Do companion loot detection mods still take effect while using an archwing???

5 answers to this question

Most passive effects modded or otherwise work in Archwing including Arcane helms, Auras and frame passives.

It's a bit silly but fun to exploit. Rhino Vanguard helm + Hyperion Thrusters on Itzal 1.923 base Flight Speed. Ash is a good one too.

I was worried because, since the companions are effectively packed away while you're in archwing mode, I didn't know if their mods would still have an effect.

PS - I'm asking because I'm trying to find Somachord fragments in Orb Vallis, and it's insulting to me and extremely disappointing that DE hasn't even bothered to recognize that this is a massive problem.  They put 7 songs out there, 28 fragments, in the largest open area they've ever built and you can only claim one fragment per session.  There aren't any guaranteed spawn points, there's not even a guarantee that one will spawn every session.  tt's a cluster#*!% of randomness.  These were supposed to be something for us to enjoy on our orbiters, not another grindy piece of BS.

Edited by Zeoran

Oh yea, I got like two songs in and quit doing it.

Loot Detector Aura + Thief's Wit + Animal Instinct. Just pull up the main map and try not to hit any mountains.

It's pretty mind numbing.