PatFox

How would one aquire 90k alloy plating?

Question

Trying to get the Kavat upgrader segment. I have everything except the alloy plates. I've been farming pluto defense with a drop chance booster but havent gotten much.

5 answers to this question

Get both resource boosters if you can afford it- you said you have the drop chance booster but do you have the one that doubles drop rewards? To get a good farming mission you're going to want some loot-boosting frames in your party like Nekros or Khora or Hydroid. I prefer doing Survival over Defense because the enemies spawn in continually, you'll want to use mods that increase your enemy radar as much as possible to force enemies to move to you faster and thus die more quickly. Four man groups should throw more enemies at you in general than solo missions.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PatFox said:

Trying to get the Kavat upgrader segment. I have everything except the alloy plates. I've been farming pluto defense with a drop chance booster but havent gotten much.

The standard for farming is survival. Defense has only a set number of enemeis per wave, but survival spawns then as fast as you can kill them.   This makes survival superior to defense for resource farming.  Second,  use Dark Sectors,  since they have innate boosters.  

The standard for survival is to find a place to camp. A small side room near an area where enemies can spawn easily (enemies like to spawn outside of line of sight) and then just shoot anything that comes through the door.  Loot-boosting frame abilities like Nekros's Desecrate (Despoil augment preferred),  Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm with Pilfering Swarm augment , and Khora's Strangledome with Pilfering Strangledome augment.  . 

Survival missons are good places to gather materials as well:

• Gabii on Ceres (Level 15-25) can drop around 1k Alloy Plates every 15 minutes with a Resource Booster.

^
    this can be further boosted with a nekros