Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(MyUnhealthyHobby’s) Ember Rework idea.

(PSN)MyUnhealthyHobby

Ember is my most favorite frame in the game hands down. I have come up with a Rework Kit for Ember that will be absolutely game changing and hopefully “balanced” and not an “AFK” frame. I came to this conclusion by playing with Ember for every mission since I started back in 2014 and saw the changes that took place over time. I always felt certain ideas I had could help to make her kit more concrete and useful in “all” scenarios. We will start with her Passive Rework.

[Re-work Kit type: Ember]

Ember’s current passive is not very good. You will be lucky to ever get the chance to take advantage of this passive.

• You gain 10 energy a second while on fire and your fire damage is increased by 35%.

Unfortunately, like I stated earlier, it is very rare to even use this bonus while other frames have passives that are actually helpful to them in some way. My idea for Embers new passive will be more DPS oriented and will focus on stacking mechanics.

(Overheat) New!

• Passive: Heat procs and status effects will stack over one another an X amount of times. The more stacks you have, the more damage and strength her abilities gain. Maximum stack of 200x for 50% fire damage increase. If you only have 100x your damage will increase by 25%. Not engaging or using an ability in combat for 6 seconds will cause the procs to start diminishing by 5 over time until it reaches 0.

[Re-work Ability Tray]

Ability 1Fire Ball will be replaced with an ability I would like to call Spontaneous Combustion.

Fire Ball is being replaced because of it’s lack of diversity and usefulness while in combat. The way I have S.C will help to build Ember’s innate passive bonuses while in combat. Fire Ball never truly had a proper use in Ember’s kit. It also had minimal range and nothing to benefit from using it. By using S.C, Ember will have more reign over the field and one of the most important traits, versatility. 

• Spontaneous Combustion will have the ability to make enemies who are on fire, have the fire on their bodies spread to nearby enemies.
  • This is a chain effect that causes your passive heat proc to increase by 5 for each enemy ignited.
  • Random CC panic effects still apply to all burning enemies. 
  • Maximum of 20 enemies can be burned at a time.
  • It’s base damage “per tic” will start off at 450.
  • The ability itself continues to attack enemies for 10 continuous hits.
  • After each hit, the damage of the next tic will increase by 25% until the last tic finishes.
  • If used on a non-ignited enemy then S.C only sets 5 nearby enemies on fire. 
  • The normal radius is about 10 meters from enemy to enemy but it can be increased further to 20 meters.
  • The ability itself can be activated by Ember on an enemy that is a maximum of 25 meters away from her. 
  • Burning effects will last for 12 seconds.
  • Cannot be re-casted until the 12 second duration is finished.
  • Energy drain will be 25.

Ability 2Accelerant is already a decent ability. In fact, it’s probably Ember’s best all around ability in her post kit at the moment. However, it could still use a few tweaks to increase its usefulness. Especially since other warframes have a similar ability but can do it much better than Ember. 

• Accelerant can now extend, restart or reapply the burning effects of Spontaneous Combination if the enemy is still on fire while used. 
  • Accelerant CC stun now lasts 6 seconds and has a damage multiplayer of 5.50x.
  • Ability use is instantaneous but at the cost of energy.
  • The radius would be 30 meters and energy drain will be 50.

Ability 3Fire Blast will be replaced with Scorching Blight. Again, Fire Blast is a ability that has no usefulness to it in combat aside from its fire damage buff. We are forced to stay in the center of the circle or shoot through it to get the bonus effects of the ability. That is not very viable for most people’s playstyles, nor is it a smart idea to do in front of a level 160 corrupted gunner. Scorching Blight will allow Ember to still stay mobile while controlling the field out of harms way. 

• Scorching Blight will be an ability that allows Ember to strip the fire off the bodies of ignited enemies to cause slight nearby damage, recover Health and Damage Reduction.
  • When Ember strips the fire of burning enemies, it returns to her and coats her body with flames.
  • While this ability is active, the flames on her body inflict 150 damage to enemies that are 5 meters away for each second while Ember also has the ability to regain 7% health a second over 10 seconds and up to 75% Damage Reduction for the 10 second duration as well. 
  • Enemies will have to be re-ignited after striping them of fire. If this ability is used on an enemy who is affected by “Spontaneous Combustion” then the benefits you receive is increased by another 5%. 
  • The radius to strip enemies will be 15 meters. 
  • Can’t be re-casted until 10 second duration is finished.
  • Energy drain to activate the ability will be 75.

Ability 4Incinerate is replacing World on Fire. One reason being the recast spamming isn’t rewarding enough to warrant its usefulness. Sure the damage was increased when it reaches its 100% threshold but the damage just isn’t worth it anymore. The Devs have addressed that Ember is supposed to be a “glass cannon” frame but there is nothing truly powerful about the ability in higher tier content. Heat elemental proc damage is more to blame than anything else. A revamp to Heat proc scaling could probably fix most of Ember’s current issues.

• Incinerate will be her ultimate that allows Ember to snap her finger and any enemy that is ignited from Spontaneous Combustion or fire weapons of any kind can be detonated.
  • This will cause them to explode while taking heavy Blast damage.
  • If enemies are affected by Spontaneous Combustion before this ability is used, then the overall ability damage is strengthened by another 10%. 
  • When this ability is activated, a fiery ring will pulse out and detonate anything that is on fire within 35 meters.
  • The base ability damage will be 2000 but can be increased.
  • Enemies that are nearby but not ignited will be damaged only 50% of its total ability damage. (2000 - 50% = 1000)
  • Incinerate can consume heat proc stacks, gaining a percentage of your damage increase that you would normally receive from your innate passive.
  • Consuming all 200x stacks will greatly increase damage by up to 80% more ability damage. (2000 + 80% = 3600) or plus SC bonus (2000 + 90% = 3800)
  • If enemies are below 35% health it’s damage multiplyer increases by another 1.5x. 
  • No cooldown required. Energy drain will be 100.

[MyUnhealtheyHobby’s Re-work Ember Kit complete]

So the point of Ember’s first ability is that burning all enemies with her Spontaneous Combustion would focus on stacking damage over time and also gaining more procs with her passive Overheat which can increase the damage of all her abilities.

When enemies are re-ignited using Accelerant and dealing increased damage to enemies affected by both her Spontaneous Combustion and Accelerant, It will in a general sense function as a chain reaction to perform self buff and additional heavy damage in a specific area range over its duration.

Ember’s third ability Scorching Blight will be used as a survival mechanism to keep ember alive via the flame aura coating her body as she tries to spread her flames. Taking decent amounts of damage will allow Ember to be mobile and also still keep herself alive without being a tank. 

Incinerate will be her massive burst damage AOE that will be at the cost of resetting her passive. This ability is to be used when you have acquired enough Heat procs from burning enemies and your passive is high enough to be beneficial.

[Augments]

I was thinking of adding some augment ideas for my Ember’s ability tray.

Augment: (Meltdowner) When enemies are killed by Incinerate, they leave behind a AOE napalm of 5 meters that burns enemy armor by 40% over the course of 6 seconds. If it burns enemies without armor, it does 450 damage each second for the 6 second duration. 

Augemnt: (Royal Release) When Ember activates her Scorching Blight ability, she has a 30% chance for 4 seconds to reflect 45% of her total ability strength in damage towards nearby attacking enemies. Range or melee enemies within 7 meters also have a 30% chance to be blasted off their feet and knocked down.

Augment: (Immolation) (Debuff) When Ember casts Accelerant on enemies, it has the ability to decrease total enemy health by 2% for every second they are on fire after restarting Spontaneous Combustion. Since resetting SC lasts 12 seconds, the total enemy health will decrease by 24%. 

Augment: (Fiery Weapon) When Ember uses Spontaneous Combination on enemies, 15% of the ability’s total damage done is applied to Ember’s Weapon Damage for the next 12 seconds.

[Finished]

So there you have it. I was going for a Burst Nuke Ember Kit. But I also wanted to make her more of a “combo frame” where you get more out of chaining her abilities together for the best results. This build would work great with friends who have fire weapons as well. They could help set Ember up for a chain explosion with Spontaneous Combination or Incinerate. I hope my Rework Kit can put her on the S-Tier list of frames. All the abilities I have mentioned can be modded to increase its damage, status effects, duration or radius. Also, I’m not afraid of productive and positive criticism. If you like my ideas let me know. Thanks. 

nawg2g7jvhc11.png

PS: I hope the DE Devs see this.

Edited by (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, D20 said:

Your feedback lacks very important pieces of information.

• Why are you suggesting a rework ?
  • What are Ember's current flaws ?
  • How are your ideas fixing Ember's current state ?

You don’t see how these new abilities will benefit her? Fire Ball and Fire Blast are completely useless. I also tweaked Accelerant and WOF to chain together perfectly so they can work in harmony with the new abilities and innate passive I created. My friend, did you not read my post? If you were an Ember player, just reading it would make you understand how much better this kit can be over how she currently is now.

You can't just make a thread and expect everyone to understand you right away, I'm afraid. I very rarely play Ember, so I don't know the reason why you think a rework of those abilities is necessary and I don't see how your suggestions would effectively fix the warframe. Prefacing your thread by explaining the issues with the said warframe and what you exactly did to solve that issue would help a lot the other users who happen to be unfamiliar with Ember, me included, to understand your mindset.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, D20 said:

You can't just make a thread and expect everyone to understand you right away, I'm afraid. I very rarely play Ember, so I don't know the reason why you think a rework of those abilities is necessary and I don't see how your suggestions would effectively fix the warframe. Prefacing your thread by explaining the issues with the said warframe and what you exactly did to solve that issue would help a lot the other users who happen to be unfamiliar with Ember, me included, to understand your mindset.

I agree. I made this with the intention of catering to Ember Veterans and didn’t necessarily think about everyone else. I’ll see what I can do.

29 minutes ago, D20 said:

I have made minor adjustments to the post hoping it can help out a bit more.

There are some really good ideas here, especially the synergy between abilities! I do have a couple of criticisms though:

-This build seems very energy intensive, so perhaps a way for ember to recover some energy would be warranted.

-While adding damage reduction was a good idea, I dont know if keeping world on fire in ember's kit is a good idea. The ability is kind of problematic as a turn on and forget, and still works a bit too well at nuking low levels while not justifying its high energy cost at high levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PortalsFTW said:

There are some really good ideas here, especially the synergy between abilities! I do have a couple of criticisms though:

-This build seems very energy intensive, so perhaps a way for ember to recover some energy would be warranted.

-While adding damage reduction was a good idea, I dont know if keeping world on fire in ember's kit is a good idea. The ability is kind of problematic as a turn on and forget, and still works a bit too well at nuking low levels while not justifying its high energy cost at high levels.

Thank you. I will look into maybe changing WOF with something else. To anwser about energy, I will come up with something for that as well as I replace Ember’s 3rd ability.

edit: I have provided a new 3rd ability for Ember that will hopefully keep a fast paced and efficient play style.

6 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

-snip-

Not bad for a rework. The general idea to create and spread procs, to able to abuse them later feels good. With this, skills do not overlap or compete against each other as well as weapons, but work together. It all boils down to improving fire procs. A more elegant solution would be to improve fire mechanics in general, but if it is not possible, at least an isolated buff in form of a passive to Ember is necessary.

On 2019-05-19 at 5:19 AM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

“Spontaneous Combustion” & ”Incinerate

Spreading fire procs with an additional fire like debuff is interesting, so is the idea to detonate them. It will undoubtfully be more usefull and interactive. However, I get heavy Saryn vibes from those suggestions.

“Accelerant”

Not sure if you suggest a replacement or additions. I think making Accelerant any more stronger is not necessary.

“Scorching Blight”

Warframe has a problem with DR abilities. A mandatory DR for every frame is not a good concept. The fact that we can tank enemies into lvls way beound balance lines is one of the actual problems with rampant power creep. Additionally, it is an infinite energy supply, which reduces the whole energy economy to a 2-1-4-3 rotation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Not bad for a rework. The general idea to create and spread procs, to able to abuse them later feels good. With this, skills do not overlap or compete against each other as well as weapons, but work together. It all boils down to improving fire procs. A more elegant solution would be to improve fire mechanics in general, but if it is not possible, at least an isolated buff in form of a passive to Ember is necessary.

Spreading fire procs with an additional fire like debuff is interesting, so is the idea to detonate them. It will undoubtfully be more usefull and interactive. However, I get heavy Saryn vibes from those suggestions.

Not sure if you suggest a replacement or additions. I think making Accelerant any more stronger is not necessary.

Warframe has a problem with DR abilities. A mandatory DR for every frame is not a good concept. The fact that we can tank enemies into lvls way beound balance lines is one of the actual problems with rampant power creep. Additionally, it is an infinite energy supply, which reduces the whole energy economy to a 2-1-4-3 rotation.

First off, I want to thank you for your feedback and advice. I completely understand where you are coming from.

That is one of the main reasons why I forced a cooldown time on Scorching Blight in the first place. I didn’t want it to be a spammable ability in any way. Ember has trouble surviving when it comes to taking damage so I tried to give her a Damage reduction that wasn’t too ridiculous. And being able to benefit a bit more from S.C will give it a “should I wait or use it now” kind of vibe.

When you stated you had received some Saryn vibes from some of my build it wasn’t my intention. Both are caster/ester frame’s that both excel ranged dps so it’s a bit of a challenge trying to make up a different play style.

Accelerant is currently one of, if not Ember’s best abilities. I only gave it the ability to stun a few seconds longer, re-ignite enemies that are on fire from S.C and a slight damage buff to help with heat procs lack of proper scaling.

If Heat procs in general were Reworked and made to have infinite scalability with enemy levels then my kit would probably make Ember a High Tier frame for sure. Maybe that’s what we really need to be looked at as well.

On 2019-05-22 at 5:57 AM, ShortCat said:

I appreciate your feedback!

Some of the ideas sound fun. Just need to work on the writing/formatting of your post. 

There are some really old rework suggestions for ember. They've actually received a LOT of ideas for her. I think they're working on something, but if you want yous to b heard, make sure it's easy to read & understand. have concise explanations of what makes something bad/less enjoyable, and what would be better (and for what reason)

hey I finally came and read it and its really good, I realy like it, I hope DE can get a look at this, i dont know how to get it exposure.

honestly this is the best ember rework suggestion i've seen, none of the others have really stood out to me, but this is great, the kit synergies with itself, its great. I especially like the idea of snapping fingers.

the one thind id want to change is the energy gain from 3, id like to keep a similar amount of energy gain that we got from the old passive, consider simply making it 10 energy per second over 10 seconds, unless, i guess, would it be increased by ability strength? A base 5 energy per second would be fine in that case. Theres pros and cons to both, if you don't let it be increased by ability strength id say it should be at 10 per second because thats what the old passive gave! then it turns into 75 energy gain which is enough to sustain yourself a bit and cast other abilities. I don't think this would be OP as the energy gain already exists in game with similar energy costs for abilities, actually yours are higher in some cases! 

I have other input like, fire blast isn't completely useless right now, but i don't mind it being replaced.

Edited by AugustFestival

14 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

hey I finally came and read it and its really good, I realy like it, I hope DE can get a look at this, i dont know how to get it exposure.

honestly this is the best ember rework suggestion i've seen, none of the others have really stood out to me, but this is great, the kit synergies with itself, its great. I especially like the idea of snapping fingers.

the one thind id want to change is the energy gain from 3, id like to keep a similar amount of energy gain that we got from the old passive, consider simply making it 10 energy per second over 10 seconds, unless, i guess, would it be increased by ability strength? A base 5 energy per second would be fine in that case. Theres pros and cons to both, if you don't let it be increased by ability strength id say it should be at 10 per second because thats what the old passive gave! then it turns into 75 energy gain which is enough to sustain yourself a bit and cast other abilities. I don't think this would be OP as the energy gain already exists in game with similar energy costs for abilities, actually yours are higher in some cases! 

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the feedback. I made a quick change to the energy back on ability 3.

6 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

I might have missed something but it seems that without using my weapon to set an initial target on fire, I won't have any fire on the battlefield to play with?

No, but having a heat weapon would help a great deal though. Spontaneous Combustion sets people on fire as well but the amount affected will be reduced to only 5 if the enemies are not ignited. This means that you can set people on fire with it but you would have to wait for the 16 second cooldown to re-apply it properly and get all the effects from it next time. Or 10 seconds in S.C you could use Accelerant to restart S.C again while the real ability comes off of cooldown and use it on the 5 ignited enemies and make it spread to the 15 more. It will be a playstyle that forces you not to forget to activate it and use it accordingly. Don’t want to make it too easy lol. 

On 2019-05-19 at 1:03 PM, D20 said:

Your feedback lacks very important pieces of information.

• Why are you suggesting a rework ?
  • What are Ember's current flaws ?
  • How are your ideas fixing Ember's current state ?

i dont play ember alot anymore and frankly shes a frame that was quite the nuisance when i was a new player which led me to solo play but even i have to admit she kinda sucks right now.

embers current flaws

- her passive is dated and frankly useless due to how rare fire based enemies are, heatprocs wont ever happen in the void or with the infested thus she wont ever be able to use her passive with them and with scorches napalms and hyekka masters shes so squishy that shed die if she gets hit by a decent level one of these.

- her 1 has a useless charge mechanic that has no place in such a fast paced game, even in higher content where players generally turtle themselves at choke points where she could use it, does such meager damage its not worth considering. 

-the change to her 4 while a step in the right direction of trying to make her less brain dead was not very good as she can still do what people hated her for doing but shes also worse in higher end content.

On 2019-05-18 at 11:19 PM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Ember is my most favorite frame in the game hands down. I have come up with a Rework Kit for Ember that will be absolutely game changing and hopefully “balanced” and not an “AFK” frame. I came to this conclusion by playing with Ember for every mission since I started back in 2016 and saw the changes that took place over time. I always felt certain ideas I had could help to make her kit more concrete and useful in “all” scenarios. We will start with her Passive Rework.

[Re-work Kit type: Ember]

Ember’s current passive is not very good. You will be lucky to ever get the chance to take advantage of this passive. You gain 10 energy a second while on fire and your damage is increased by 35%. Unfortunately, like I stated earlier, it is very rare to even use this bonus while other frames have passives that are actually helpful to them in some way. My idea for Embers new passive will be more DPS oriented and will focus on stacking mechanics.

Passive: Heat procs and status effects will stack over one another an X amount of times. The more stacks you have, the more damage and strength her abilities gain. Maximum stack of 200x for 50% fire damage increase. If you only have 100x your damage will increase by 25%. Not engaging or using an ability in combat for 6 seconds will cause the procs to start diminishing by 5 over time until it reaches 0. There is also no energy regeneration over time from this passive.

[Re-work Ability Tray]

Ability 1: “Fire Ball” will be replaced with an ability I would like to call “Spontaneous Combustion.” “Fire Ball” is being replaced because of it’s lack of diversity and usefulness while in combat. The way I have S.C will help to build my innate passive’s bonuses while in combat. Fire Ball never truly had a proper use in Ember’s kit. It also had minimal range and nothing to benefit from using it. By using S.C Ember will have more raine over the field, versatility and survivablity. 

“Spontaneous Combustion” will have the ability to make enemies who are on fire, have the fire on their bodies spread to nearby enemies. This is a chain effect that causes your passive heat proc to increase by 5 for each enemy ignited. Random CC panic effects still apply to all burning enemies. Maximum of 20 enemies can be burned at a time. It’s base damage “per tic” will start off at 450. The ability itself continues to attack enemies for 10 hits. After each hit, the damage of the next tic will increase by 25% until the last tic finishes. If used on a non-ignited enemy then S.C only sets 5 nearby enemies on fire. The normal radius is about 10 meters from enemy to enemy but it can be increased further to 20 meters. The ability itself can be activated by Ember on an enemy that is a maximum of 25 meters away from her. Burning effects will last for 12 seconds. Ability cooldown is 16 seconds so use it wisely. Energy drain will be 45.

Ability 2: “Accelerant” is already a decent ability. In fact, it’s probably Ember’s best all around ability in her post kit at the moment. However, it could still use a few tweaks to increase its usefulness. Especially since other warframes have a similar ability but can do it much better than Ember. 

“Accelerant” can now extend, restart or reapply the burning effects of “Spontaneous Combination” if the enemy is still on fire while used. Accelerant CC stun now lasts 5 seconds and has a damage multiplayer of 5.50x. Ability use is instantaneous but at the cost of energy. The radius would be 30 meters and energy drain will be 50.

Ability 3: “Fire Blast” will be replaced with “Scorching Blight.” Again, “Fire Blast” is a ability that has no usefulness to it in combat. We are forced to stay in the center of the circle to get the bonus effects of the ability. That is not very viable for most people’s playstyles, nor is it a smart idea to do in front of a level 160 corrupted gunner. “Scorching Blight” will allow Ember to still stay mobile while controlling the field out of harms way. 

“Scorching Blight” will be an ability that allows Ember to strip the fire off the bodies of ignited enemies to recover Energy and Damage Reduction. When Ember strips the fire of burning enemies, it returns to her and coats her body with flames. When you see this animation you will realize the ability is in effect. While this ability is active, Ember has the ability to regain 10 energy a second over 10 seconds and up to 45% Damage Reduction for the 10 second duration as well. Enemies will have to be re-ignited after striping them of fire. If this ability is used on an enemy who is affected by “Spontaneous Combustion” then the benefits you receive is increased by another 5%. The radius to strip enemies will be 15 meters. The cooldown of this ability is 22 seconds. Energy drain to activate the ability will be 25.

Ability 4: ”Incinerate” this ability will be her ultimate that allows Ember to snap her finger while in or out of combat. Any enemy that is ignited from “Spontaneous Combustion” or fire weapons of any kind can be detonated, causing them to explode while taking heavy “Blast” damage. But if enemies are affected by “Spontaneous Combustion” before this ability is used, then the overall ability damage is strengthened by another 10%. Enemies that are nearby but not ignited will be damaged only 50% of its total ability damage. Ember can perform this ability while in air combat as well. No long animation time is required. When this ability is activated, a fiery ring will pulse out and detonate anything that is on fire within 35 meters. The damaging explosion AOE radius to harm non-ignited enemies is only 5-10 meters. The base ability damage will be 2000. “Incinerate” can consume heat proc stacks, gaining a percentage of your damage increase that you would normally  receive from your innate passive. Consuming all 200x stacks will greatly increase damage by up to 80% more ability damage. If enemies are below 35% health it’s damage multiplyer increases by another 1.5x. No cooldown required. Energy drain will be 75.

[MyUnhealtheyHobby’s Re-work Ember Kit complete]

So there you have it. I was going for a “Burst Nuke” Ember Kit. But I also wanted to make her more of a “combo frame” where you get more out of chaining her abilities together for the best results. This build would work great with friends who have fire weapons as well. They could help set Ember up for a chain explosion with “Spontaneous Combination” or “Incinerate.” I hope my Rework Kit can put her on the S-Tier list of frames. All the abilities I have mentioned can be modded to increase its damage, status effects, duration or radius. Also, I’m not afraid of productive and positive criticism. If you like my ideas let me know. Thanks. 

nawg2g7jvhc11.png

PS: I hope the DE Devs see this.

-for her passive i would just change it to where heat procs on enemies within a certain range of her causes her to regenerate health and energy based on the amount of enemies affected by heat procs.

- for her 1 i would change it from a charge to a hold, short tap to shoot a fire ball that explodes and procs heat while knocking down enemies in a small area or hold to release a fire wave in a cone infront of her like an ignis or make it a long tap that can knock down and slow enemies.

for her 4, have her send out a wave of fire (imagine mass vitrify but bigger and fire but wont go around doors and walls) that expands and procs heat but it melts armor letting enemies take more damage while dealing damage based on a % of health and armor, armored enemies also leave a trail of slag behind that cools and hardens then the abilitiy ends, holding enemies that were on it in place, shielded enemies get radiation procs.

taking a page out of league of legends book here, i think this version of a 4th ability will let her do well in highend content while also not being a pain in lowlevel content due to the % enemy scalings while also giving her some sustain and lots of ways to facilitate that sustain.

Personally i Would replace Fireblast with Overheat The good ability that was removed and replaced with the near useless Fireblast, and remove the WoF nerf so Firequake  builds become usable again.

Ember's damage was NEVER good, and For a long time Overheat was all ember had, than Firequake builds as the only method of surviving.

And since DE seems to have a Hard on for nerfing embers ability to deal any damage this will not counter that, just allow ember to at least have one good thing, staying alive and locking down areas.

Though your rework idea is good, it needs more details/numbers

Another idea is to make the "scaling mechanic" aka nerf mechanic of WoF reversed when firequake is equipped increasing range and reducing damage.

Edited by eyf101

14 hours ago, eyf101 said:

Personally i Would replace Fireblast with Overheat The good ability that was removed and replaced with the near useless Fireblast, and remove the WoF nerf so Firequake  builds become usable again.

Ember's damage was NEVER good, and For a long time Overheat was all ember had, than Firequake builds as the only method of surviving.

And since DE seems to have a Hard on for nerfing embers ability to deal any damage this will not counter that, just allow ember to at least have one good thing, staying alive and locking down areas.

Though your rework idea is good, it needs more details/numbers

Another idea is to make the "scaling mechanic" aka nerf mechanic of WoF reversed when firequake is equipped increasing range and reducing damage.

I tried to make her 3 as close to Overheat as I could lol. Also, when you say “it needs more details/numbers” what could I be missing if I may ask?

Something I want for ember, is for her passive to stay the same, but perhaps her 1 or 3 could set herself on fire, and it would grant energy and health regen along with some power strength. This would make her passive useful, make her a true AVATAR OF FIRE and allow the player far more control over it

4 hours ago, SupernovaSymphony said:

Something I want for ember, is for her passive to stay the same, but perhaps her 1 or 3 could set herself on fire, and it would grant energy and health regen along with some power strength. This would make her passive useful, make her a true AVATAR OF FIRE and allow the player far more control over it

Other than your concerns about the passive, do you think that otherwise my Rework kit is a step in the right direction? 

On 2019-05-19 at 11:19 AM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Heat procs and status effects will stack over one another an X amount of times.

*sigh*

This is the only thing that makes Ember not amazing. Currently Heat procs do not stack their damage like the other 2 damaging status procs (Slash and Toxin). If it did, Ember would be amazing as a damage frame. Since Heat only refereshes a single instance of damage, it's stuck as CC past a certain intensity threshold. Ember doesn't need fixing, Heat damage does.

On 2019-05-19 at 11:19 AM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Ember’s current passive is not very good. You will be lucky to ever get the chance to take advantage of this passive.

This is the thing that doesn't strictly need fixing (some passives in this game as are super duper niche) but could defs use some love. I've suggested in the past that the passive itself remain the same but the activation change. For every on-fire enemy within a radius, Ember gains a portion of her current passive. She would then be rewarded for setting enemies on fire and not herself.

Edited by SenorClipClop