Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(MyUnhealthyHobby’s) Ember Rework idea.

(PSN)MyUnhealthyHobby

On 2019-07-30 at 12:26 AM, Maka.Bones said:

WoF doesn't at all need a "power bump" it just needs to cost less energy. They could also to keep the range the same as the default, but decrease the damage as enemies are closer to the edges--Instead of reducing the area and increasing damage. That way we could actually use it as an active toggle CC while we melee, or move around the map. 

Already only costs me 0.77 energy/sec. I sure don't need any more energy reduction. A little more power/damage would help us both.

On 2019-07-30 at 2:32 AM, Blexander said:

Objectively wrong.

Nope. Very true. I would stop using her.

23 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

And just from reading what you put I can tell Ember would still be a garbage can. Ember’s Kit is trash do you not understand that? What is “glass cannon” about Ember or the one you made for that matter? Please explain...I’ll gladly wait for your reply. 

Wait no longer 🙂

Well what do you want from her? Instakilling level 200 nox? 5 hour survival runs?

Tried her out on the last sortie today, eximus stronghold survival. Didn't fire a single shot from my rifle/pistol/melee (except on barrels) and ended up with 26% of the damage using only WoF. With a volt, a rhino and an ash. Can other frames do better? Sure, but so what. Use those. Don't ruin ember for me with a total rework like this.

10 hours ago, Snesopp said:

Tried her out on the last sortie today, eximus stronghold survival. Didn't fire a single shot from my rifle/pistol/melee (except on barrels) and ended up with 26% of the damage using only WoF. With a volt, a rhino and an ash. Can other frames do better? Sure, but so what. Use those. Don't ruin ember for me with a total rework like this.

I'm genuinely surprised people with this type of opinion exist. For an Ember main, you very clearly have no idea how bad Ember is. All I'm seeing from you is confirmation bias. Ember's supposed to work like a glass-cannon (this came straight from DE's mouth), she currently has no set role, from not being able to do damage properly, to not being able to use CC properly, and dying to anything at point-blank range. Playing other frames just because they can do better is not the point, the point is to have her as an option to take her in a mission and have her be on par with other frames.

I suggest you bring actual numbers when describing the damage you've dealt, because the extraction screen stats aren't a valid measure. Do some research before trying to convince people that Ember, as she is now, is fine.

13 hours ago, Snesopp said:

Already only costs me 0.77 energy/sec. I sure don't need any more energy reduction. A little more power/damage would help us both.

You're forgetting the energy cost ramp-up. 

And that' you; not everyone builds/mods the same way you do. While it's easy and fun to have WoF do all the work for us, while we bullet jump around and focus on heavies/nullifiers, it's not a very engaging or involved playstyle. That kind of gameplay is what got WoF changed in the first place, and it cost us survivability in higher levels (which I honestly don't understand when we consider that several other warframes can "nuke")

It's also the reason why "Overheat" was removed (and that it also ignored armor)

So more damage to a "toggle AoE" would probably just get her nerfed AGAIN somehow in the future.

Edited by Maka.Bones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

Just checking to see if anything has changed while I was gone? 

Nothing new, or at least, nothing good. Scott's working on Vauban, and I assume you're familiar with his "repertoire". I can only hope they don't put him in charge of Ember's rework next year.

On 2019-09-04 at 11:44 AM, Blexander said:

Nothing new, or at least, nothing good. Scott's working on Vauban, and I assume you're familiar with his "repertoire". I can only hope they don't put him in charge of Ember's rework next year.

Dang it! Why do they torture us so much? I don’t want to lose hope but they are making it really hard.

the major problem i have with this rework is that you are looking to completely change the way players play ember as someone who has been playing ember since World on fire was a duration drain ability, that is the main thing i don't want to happen. i actually like ember's current identity and i feel only some minor changes would be necessary. world on fire and the passive being the main things i think should be expanded upon.

58 minutes ago, FrigidMesa said:

the major problem i have with this rework is that you are looking to completely change the way players play ember

What about Wukong?

1 hour ago, FrigidMesa said:

i actually like ember's current identity and i feel only some minor changes would be necessary.

So... you like Ember being nothing more than a glorified weapon buffer, needing multiple augments to do a job she wasn't designed to do in the 1st place?

1 hour ago, FrigidMesa said:

world on fire and the passive being the main things i think should be expanded upon.

Next thing you're going to say is "Fireblast is an ok ability".

On 2019-09-05 at 6:24 PM, FrigidMesa said:

the major problem i have with this rework is that you are looking to completely change the way players play ember as someone who has been playing ember since World on fire was a duration drain ability, that is the main thing i don't want to happen. i actually like ember's current identity and i feel only some minor changes would be necessary. world on fire and the passive being the main things i think should be expanded upon.

So you like fireball and fireblast? Please elaborate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-26 at 4:19 AM, Blexander said:

Here's hoping it turns out good. Vauban's rework will let us gauge if Ember's rework turns out good, since Scott's doing both.

Does Scott take looks at player ideas or does he only care about a popular Youtuber’s opinions?

Edited by (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby